The Rugby Union thread

Laoch20

Well lads, i'm surprised there isn't a thread on this already so I've taken it into my own hands to start this up, I was meant to start this up around May when the British and Irish Lions touring party was announced (better late then never I suppose) anyway let's have fun with this. What do we think of the Lions tour so far?

post-9001-0-94041200-1372074477_thumb.jp

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now Warburton is out. It's ok for the Aussies ain't it, can play 3 games altogether with no warm up games. We play 4 warm ups and the 2 tests with 1 left which have taken out most of the fucking team. There's no way we'll win the final test. Stupid schedule.

So now Warburton is out. It's ok for the Aussies ain't it, can play 3 games altogether with no warm up games. We play 4 warm ups and the 2 tests with 1 left which have taken out most of the fucking team. There's no way we'll win the final test. Stupid schedule.

That is what really annoys me, this will be the lions 10th game on tour covering Hong Kong which was nothing more then a commercial exercise, the refs have been doing the Lions no favors in this series either, now the final test team is announced while i'm thrilled for Alun-Wyn Jones to be Test captain i'm raging that BOD has been dropped from the panel, Gaitland might as well be committing series suicide

And that Aussie has got away with the most blatant stamp ever, not once but twice. The whole series has transpired against us. The Brian O'Dricoll decision is shocking too and now we have 10 Welsh in the staring 15. Great.

I had a sneaky felling he'd get away with it again when the IRB appealed and just look at the difference he made in the 2nd test, it's starting to feel like the 05 tour of New Zealand all over again. The poor Scots got shafted again no representation in the starting 15

I have always enjoyed the Lions tour, I hope you smash the Aussies in the last game, they deserve nothing.

Thanks, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Springboks and the way you guys play rugby

Thanks, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Springboks and the way you guys play rugby

Yeah the gap between the Northern Hemisphere teams and the Southern Hemisphere is closing fast. I think South African rugby is in decline because we not adapting fast enough. We don't run the ball enough but we can generally out muscle a side at the breakdown. I see the Northern sides are really great at set pieces, Line-outs and scrums are really a strong point now. We play a very kicking orientated game which is so boring at times.

We have talented big players but lack some technical abilities that the All blacks have. Australia will always be Australia, in the mix.

Once we establish A straight Line-out we can get a pretty good push on in a maul, It could be key to beating Australia, the Springboks will never be boring as long as Habana still plays saw a video of him a while ago closing down and blocking a penalty kick cracking stuff.

Also i must ask you, why have the pumas been included in the Tri-nations now and considering i haven't watch said competition in a while has it improved or reduced the quality of rugby?

Once we establish A straight Line-out we can get a pretty good push on in a maul, It could be key to beating Australia, the Springboks will never be boring as long as Habana still plays saw a video of him a while ago closing down and blocking a penalty kick cracking stuff.

Also i must ask you, why have the pumas been included in the Tri-nations now and considering i haven't watch said competition in a while has it improved or reduced the quality of rugby?

Habana will always be a South African Legend. He works so hard for the team that even when he is out of form he still does a decent job. He doesnt have long before he will be replaced though, we don't actually have great wingers but we have a few coming through the ranks that are scary fast.

Apparently Argentina have wanted to be part of the Tri-Nations for some time now and are the only tier 1 team that wasnt playing in a competitive competition, they eventually want to make The Rugby Championship into the 6 Nations of the Southern Hemisphere and introduce a few of the Island nations (Samoa/Fiji/Tonga). Argentina have a good pack that can give a good show but they still off the Originals lol. It might help them get stronger if they play us more often. Also if the Islanders get involved they too can Improve. If you look at how small New Zealand and the other island side population are it actually amazing how many quality players they produce.

Personally i'd love it for the change to break the cycle if the Lions toured the pacific Isles, it might also help towards improving each of them. I'd also love to see a southern hemisphere version of the six nations

I had a sneaky felling he'd get away with it again when the IRB appealed and just look at the difference he made in the 2nd test, it's starting to feel like the 05 tour of New Zealand all over again. The poor Scots got shafted again no representation in the starting 15

Well Scotland are playing the worst Rubgy they've ever played so there's no real surprise that there's not many of them. I think the Welsh boys do deserve good representation but their form before the 6 nations and indeed their first game in that against you lot seems to have been forgotten since they battered us in that decider. Maybe that decider will help them on Saturday. I suppose the selection comes down to partnerships and feeling comfortable with guys you know well around you. It does make sense tbh.

Also remember the heartache Wales suffered in Australia not so long ago with those last minute pens making them lose by 1 and 2 points. They will be so pumped for this, it's gonna be epic.

It is gonna be a cracker, I don't like to talk about the 6 nations just gone by lol, the toll that Wales game took on the squad was shocking, so many injures, only the draw against France stopped us from getting the dreaded wooden spoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD