test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Chelsea Kits thread

Started by Steve,

6,236 posts in this topic

I'm 6'3'', 13 stone with no paunch. What size would fit me well? M/L? Reason I ask is because I'm unaccustomed to UK/European size definitions.

6'3'', 13 stone. L should be about perfect. L is a bit big for me but i'm 5'11" - 6 ft and about 12 stone 2. I use medium and it's perfect.

Madmax likes this

I like all three of the kits and will probably purchase one for when Lukaku is officially announced.

I didn't originally like the idea of the collar on the 3rd kit. But having seen the official pictures, I must say it looks smart. Don't think I can justify getting it though as I've already bought the home and away strips.

M and M Direct are brilliant; which is more than can be said for those buggers on eBay selling last seasons Techfits at 40 and 50 quid!

0,,10268~9877483,00.jpg

IT'S been likened to Spurs by some, Leeds by others, but could the truth behind Chelsea's new third kit lie within Russia's Kemlin walls?

The newly-released strip, an alternative to the club's first choice blue and second choice black-blue checked design, is unlikely to get used too often during the coming season.

A white shirt, topped with bands of black and yellow seemed a strange choice to almost all Chelsea fans. All, that is, except for keen scholars of Russian history.

For the kit is identical to the flag used in pre-revolutionary Russia between 1858 ad 1883, often dubbed the 'Romanov Flag'.

Today, the flag is a symbol for Russian nationalism: harking back to the days when Mother Russia was a powerful nation with great influence in the world.

And, with Russia set to host the 2018 World Cup – a tournament which will certainly succeed or fail depending on the degree of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's involvement – there is a need to promote national pride.

Russia's bid for the 2018 tournament had at it's heart a plan to engage Russian people in the game: and what better a way to do that, than to get every Russian's favourite Premier League team wearing a popular national icon for a series of pre-season friendlies?

Chelsea fans had better start queueing for their visas for a summer trip to St Petersburg.

haha! did anyone notice, on chelseafc.com, when the yellow and navy background loads, the visible sleeves on the left and right hand sides of the site, had champions patches on launch day and couple of days after that,

but now it just looks like badly photoshop'd standard pl badges.....

......i realise this is an incredibly sad thing to notice!

lol

haha! did anyone notice, on chelseafc.com, when the yellow and navy background loads, the visible sleeves on the left and right hand sides of the site, had champions patches on launch day and couple of days after that,

but now it just looks like badly photoshop'd standard pl badges.....

......i realise this is an incredibly sad thing to notice!

lol

I noticed the dodgy Photoshop job to make them white. Didn't realise they put the gold ones up first though. I also liked this Photoshop effort...

chelsea_dbl_landing.jpg

chelsea_3rd_dbl_landing_box.jpg

I'm still not a fan of the 3rd kit! It would honestly look so much better if it didn't have that ridiculous black space at the top of the shirt! It just makes it look ugly!