test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Chelsea Kits thread

Started by Steve,

6,202 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, the wes said:

Club plan to CHANGE crest that was approved by Roman Abramovich

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1015400/Chelsea-news-Roman-Abramovich-club-crest

Scarey eh!

Id love for us to go back to a plaim old Lion from the Earl of Cadogan holding the crozier.

But of course fuckin money comes into it. Remember us not wanting to pay him for the rights to use it?

Nice,clean.smart.

5a429087443d7eb14ccf89aae154e162.png

Vesper likes this

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, Unionjack said:

Scarey eh!

Id love for us to go back to a plaim old Lion from the Earl of Cadogan holding the crozier.

But of course fuckin money comes into it. Remember us not wanting to pay him for the rights to use it?

Nice,clean.smart.

Agreed, it is simple clean and smart but, given that the club can't trademark it, I think the current one is a fair compromise. I don't often agree with Uncle Ken, and I didn't like the Bates badge (1986-2005) at all, but I think he was right to decide that the club needed a badge it could trademark. I don't think it would make any sense to risk loss of revenue by returning to the classic crest. (1953-1986)

On 10/09/2018 at 8:28 PM, Unionjack said:

Scarey eh!

Nice,clean.smart.

5a429087443d7eb14ccf89aae154e162.png

This looks great on blue background. Like here in the quote.

Classic.

Unionjack likes this

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Agreed, it is simple clean and smart but, given that the club can't trademark it, I think the current one is a fair compromise. I don't often agree with Uncle Ken, and I didn't like the Bates badge (1986-2005) at all, but I think he was right to decide that the club needed a badge it could trademark. I don't think it would make any sense to risk loss of revenue by returning to the classic crest. (1953-1986)

Its all about the money eh.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

This looks great on blue background. Like here in the quote.

Classic.

Its this plain Red White one on the Blue BG from 67 that I think stirs feeling for me anyway.

Ive read that the supposed changes are bollox and tho maybe so it just MIGHT be time for a change. Dunno.

We have got so used to linking the Blue Lion with our success it may be difficult to sway peoples thoughts.

Maybe some way of joining 3 lions up?

5b985fffc55ca_3lions2.png.e23329fc807c72862de0bdef7db3193a.png

Just now, Unionjack said:

Its this plain Red White one on the Blue BG from 67 that I think stirs feeling for me anyway.

Ive read that the supposed changes are bollox and tho maybe so it just MIGHT be time for a change. Dunno.

We have got so used to linking the Blue Lion with our success it may be difficult to sway peoples thoughts.

On blue

Unionjack likes this

23 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Use the blue one.

And give it a yellow trim. Leave the tongue red.

Unionjack and Vesper like this

20 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Use the blue one.

And give it a yellow trim. Leave the tongue red.

Yeah - Was going to on the 3 way but forgot lol

5b986da5ec325_3lions1.png.f3c2457e9fd5b1aaa3f323e8f50b339c.png

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

On this occasion I think it has to be. There's just too much money at stake.

If we can't trademark our badge then it's even harder for kit manufacturers to protect their products from rip off versions and they won't be offering us anything like as big a wad of cash for the right to sell our gear. I don't know what portion of that £900m kit deal would be lost but even just 5% would be way too much to lose. In reality the reduction would certainly be a lot more than 5%. A lot more.

It would be plain stupid to sacrifice that revenue for the sake of returning to a badge which can only be distinguished from the current one if you look closely. (Apart from the colour of the staff.)

Unionjack likes this

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

On this occasion I think it has to be. There's just too much money at stake.

If we can't trademark our badge then it's even harder for kit manufacturers to protect their products from rip off versions and they won't be offering us anything like as big a wad of cash for the right to sell our gear. I don't know what portion of that £900m kit deal would be lost but even just 5% would be way too much to lose. In reality the reduction would certainly be a lot more than 5%. A lot more.

It would be plain stupid to sacrifice that revenue for the sake of returning to a badge which can only be distinguished from the current one if you look closely. (Apart from the colour of the staff.)

Well obviously theres no point in having a crest we can't trademark. Thats why I said it was all about the money - simplistic but thought you would get what I meant - you did lol

I think it might be nice to get away from the circular 'badge' shape. And Ive never really liked having the footballs on it neither. And I think the lion in our current one is too simplistic. I like the more prominent fur,talons etc

And I like the idea of keeping the blue, white, gold, and red colors as they all stand for somethibg. Red - Strength/Energy/Passion, Gold/yellow - positivity, Blue - Loyalty/trust, White - faith,purity

Take this any which way you want.

It's better that they saying its as bad as Spuds!

Kit watching: Chelsea the winners, Spurs the losers

https://footballshirtcollective.com/2018/09/17/kit-watching-chelsea-the-winners-spurs-the-losers/

We’re going to say it: this is the best home kit of the 2018-19 Premier League season. Nike have nailed this beaut, with the interwoven stripes across the shirt’s royal blue, framing the Yokohama Tyres sponsor perfectly. Nike may have been pretty slapdash with a lot of their other kits, but this one’s a classic. 9/10

Losers:  2018-19 Tottenham Hotspur home shirt

2 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

😕

I saw them, ughhhhhhhhhhhh

last thing we need is american football influence

whats next, 95% of the team on roids and every other year an ex player going to prison for murder or drug dealing?:(

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Links broke bud

must have been seen copyright infringement shit , as it was working ok back on 29/1 , get it while u can i say 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/12/chelsea-19-20-away-kit.html?m=1

I put this up on Twitter yesterday and said how id love something like this. Tweet absolutely banged. Seems an idea a lot of people would love. Now I've seen that the link above shows we could be getting the same colour scheme. I'd really love something like this. Or even in yellow with blue and white stripes. Class looking shirt

IMG_ukef9q.jpg