Playstation 4 Or Xbox One

Beepu

Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

No, go to the video section and see they talking about it will not need an internet connection at all!

https://twitter.com/notaxation

Xbox One isn't always-online. Just like I told you it wouldn't be. BOOM. #trustcolin

I think I'll leave you with this, again from IGN:

Is it always-online?

Technically NO, but it depends on your definition of the phrase. You will be able to watch TV and Blu-Ray movies and play single-player games without being connected to the Internet at all times, but as outlined above, the console will need access to the Internet at least once a day. Microsoft's Harrison phrased it thus, speaking to Eurogamer: "Some bits of the system will work offline. I think the key point to make is that Xbox One requires an internet connection, but it does not need to be connected all the time. We think that most of the biggest games on Xbox One and most of the games and experiences and services you want to use will be internet-connected."

So as I said before you do have to log in every 24hrs, you don't need constant internet connection, but you do have to log in every 24hrs. Tbh though I'm sure Microsoft may look to change this based on the generally negative response they're receiving in regards to this.

I can also understand some confusion though, IGN rightly pointed out "A bewildering flurry of stories has emerged from the Xbox One event, with Microsoft executives directly contradicting each other about several Xbox One features crucial to gamers".

Here's the full article on what they do and don't know:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-what-we-do-and-dont-know

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll leave you with this, again from IGN:

So as I said before you do have to log in every 24hrs, you don't need constant internet connection, but you do have to log in every 24hrs. Tbh though I'm sure Microsoft may look to change this based on the generally negative response they're receiving in regards to this.

I can also understand some confusion though, IGN rightly pointed out "A bewildering flurry of stories has emerged from the Xbox One event, with Microsoft executives directly contradicting each other about several Xbox One features crucial to gamers".

Here's the full article on what they do and don't know:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-what-we-do-and-dont-know

This for me categorize as a simple NO. Because to be a yes, it would mean that if you do not log in every 24hrs, you would not de able to do anything on the console. But then again, this seems an absolute joke, because 95% of the owners dont turnd on their Xbox everyday (for instance, I dont turn on my PS3 everyday).

But you are right, it does make a lot of confusion. :D

EDIT: IGN UK and IGN USA are reporting two different things! :blink:

Sony want to do the same thing as Microsoft does with the blocked games, I think, because they said they will wait with this decission untill MS will reval what they're going to do then...

and always on is speculation, you will need to be on if you want to watch tv etc, as a stream... but not to play thats what I was getting out of all this.

The Xbox One is a really poor excuse of a Console. Specs wise it's almost entirely inferior to the PS4. You would've thought that with Microsoft being the Juggernauts they are would have trumped Sony in this Department.

The name itself is random and horrible. The looks of the console itself is also horrible. It looks like a VHS player. Throw in the always online connection and used game fees and it's a disaster.

They're focusing too much on everything except what it's meant to be, a Gaming device. Sony has added some awesome features and I really can't see Microsoft beating Sony this generation, especially as Microsoft's infamous lack of exclusives is bound to continue. All of course in my opinion :)

For the more casual gamer it is sufficient, but I've tried it out at a friends house and imo Nintendo will be shitting the bed once the PS4/Xbox One is released. For $400 I'd be expecting a system that is at least on par with the 360 (specs wise). I can see Nintendo following the steps of Sega and die out but I hope they surprise me with something at E3 because I do enjoy playing some of their exclusives.

The Wii U is better than the 360 specs-wise. And besides, I do hours of gaming every single day and the Wii U will be sufficient for me. They have a bunch of Mario-Zelda-Pokemon ect. exclusives and third-party support is slowly arriving.

I voted both as I'm getting each eventually.

As a 10 year Xbox LIVE member and a huge online multiplayer gamer, LIVE trumps anything Sony offers so I'm getting the Xbox at launch.

I've always used my Playstation systems as a single player console.

Pretty much what I'm thinking. I'll probably buy the Xbox first because that's my main system. If it can run all my other stuff through it then that's a bonus. I'll get the PS3 at a later date and rattle through the Uncharteds and God of Wars, but I actually use the PS3 so little at the moment that every time I turn it on I seem to have to download a new update.

As for the conferences, the Xbox one showed me what the box will look like and showed me what it will be like to use everyday. That creates a moment in the consumer's mind where they imagine how it will look in their home, so they're on their way to buying it.

The name itself is random and horrible. The looks of the console itself is also horrible. It looks like a VHS player. Throw in the always online connection and used game fees and it's a disaster.

It looks like a VHS player. It looks like my AV system. It looks like a DVR box.

What the fuck is it supposed to look like? That's what it's going to be sitting besides isn't it?

They're focusing too much on everything except what it's meant to be, a Gaming device. Sony has added some awesome features and I really can't see Microsoft beating Sony this generation, especially as Microsoft's infamous lack of exclusives is bound to continue. All of course in my opinion :)

Last night they mentioned COD and FIFA - those are the two games I play most, so in that regard I'm not sure what people wanted from an hour long presentation.

E3 is just around the corner. That'll be just about the games, whereas Sony still need to show the box off, show what it will be like to use and all the other boring shit that Microsoft got out of the way last night.

You guys you have the choice, me, i'll buy the one that will be hacked, I have no choice. :Goober:
That's why living in Algeria is so fucking shit, cant buy original games, cant buy original consoles, the price are inflated here more than in Europe, and i'm not rich. :ermm:

The Wii U is better than the 360 specs-wise. And besides, I do hours of gaming every single day and the Wii U will be sufficient for me. They have a bunch of Mario-Zelda-Pokemon ect. exclusives and third-party support is slowly arriving.

More power to you then. The Wii U is better spec wise however I've read from game developers that the console is weaker than it was marketed to be and is not on the same level as PS3/360. Not like it really matters but just some food for thought considering the price tag of the Wii U and how it will compete with the new gen consoles. I can't see them pulling off another Wii miracle in sales now that Sony and Microsoft are putting more effort into family-friendly features that Nintendo is renowned for.

Don't know where this "PS4 is way more powerful" bullshit is coming from.

The specs are nearly identical. PS4 has a very slight advantage just like with the PS3 over the 360. Games will likely look just about the same.

The biggest video game market in the world is here in the US where it's not about graphics alone but more about the services. That's why the 360 has destroyed the PS3 here because Xbox LIVE is so popular.

The TV shit is interesting but I don't really care as long as LIVE is as good or better than it is now and I have great 1st and 3rd party games which is a given.

There's a reason that the 360 versions of each Call of Duty vastly outsell the PS3 versions: Xbox LIVE.

I don't play video games no more.

I used to, but I stop like a couple of years ago.

That said, I still have and Xbox 360, Wii and PS3....but all they do is collect dust.

I used them more to play music and movies. But I got frustrated with both of them because of the lack of support for many files.

Example they both use FAT 32, so I can't use files bigger then 4g! :mad:

Then they both can't play MKV, which sucks ass!

Internet browser not the greatest either.

So if these two systems want to make their system and all in one, they will have these issues fix!

And then I will buy one of them.

P.S. I lied when I said I don't play video games. I do once a while with my brothers and friends play those interactive games. Like Wii sports, PS3 sports champion and such. But other then that, it does not interest much as when I was younger. Getting old. :(

I don't play video games no more.

I used to, but I stop like a couple of years ago.

That said, I still have and Xbox 360, Wii and PS3....but all they do is collect dust.

Wanna lend one? Will pay for shipping.