test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beepu

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One

Started by Beepu,

Playstation 4 or Xbox One   68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

298 posts in this topic

I voted both as I'm getting each eventually.

As a 10 year Xbox LIVE member and a huge online multiplayer gamer, LIVE trumps anything Sony offers so I'm getting the Xbox at launch.

I've always used my Playstation systems as a single player console.

Pretty much what I'm thinking. I'll probably buy the Xbox first because that's my main system. If it can run all my other stuff through it then that's a bonus. I'll get the PS3 at a later date and rattle through the Uncharteds and God of Wars, but I actually use the PS3 so little at the moment that every time I turn it on I seem to have to download a new update.

As for the conferences, the Xbox one showed me what the box will look like and showed me what it will be like to use everyday. That creates a moment in the consumer's mind where they imagine how it will look in their home, so they're on their way to buying it.

The name itself is random and horrible. The looks of the console itself is also horrible. It looks like a VHS player. Throw in the always online connection and used game fees and it's a disaster.

It looks like a VHS player. It looks like my AV system. It looks like a DVR box.

What the fuck is it supposed to look like? That's what it's going to be sitting besides isn't it?

They're focusing too much on everything except what it's meant to be, a Gaming device. Sony has added some awesome features and I really can't see Microsoft beating Sony this generation, especially as Microsoft's infamous lack of exclusives is bound to continue. All of course in my opinion :)

Last night they mentioned COD and FIFA - those are the two games I play most, so in that regard I'm not sure what people wanted from an hour long presentation.

E3 is just around the corner. That'll be just about the games, whereas Sony still need to show the box off, show what it will be like to use and all the other boring shit that Microsoft got out of the way last night.

You guys you have the choice, me, i'll buy the one that will be hacked, I have no choice. :Goober:
That's why living in Algeria is so fucking shit, cant buy original games, cant buy original consoles, the price are inflated here more than in Europe, and i'm not rich. :ermm:

The Wii U is better than the 360 specs-wise. And besides, I do hours of gaming every single day and the Wii U will be sufficient for me. They have a bunch of Mario-Zelda-Pokemon ect. exclusives and third-party support is slowly arriving.

More power to you then. The Wii U is better spec wise however I've read from game developers that the console is weaker than it was marketed to be and is not on the same level as PS3/360. Not like it really matters but just some food for thought considering the price tag of the Wii U and how it will compete with the new gen consoles. I can't see them pulling off another Wii miracle in sales now that Sony and Microsoft are putting more effort into family-friendly features that Nintendo is renowned for.

Don't know where this "PS4 is way more powerful" bullshit is coming from.

The specs are nearly identical. PS4 has a very slight advantage just like with the PS3 over the 360. Games will likely look just about the same.

The biggest video game market in the world is here in the US where it's not about graphics alone but more about the services. That's why the 360 has destroyed the PS3 here because Xbox LIVE is so popular.

The TV shit is interesting but I don't really care as long as LIVE is as good or better than it is now and I have great 1st and 3rd party games which is a given.

There's a reason that the 360 versions of each Call of Duty vastly outsell the PS3 versions: Xbox LIVE.

Money-927.png

Money is made out of paper. Paper is made out of wood. Wood is a tree. Shall I continue?

Money-927.png

I don't even want to begin imagining how much this will cost retail once it hits the shelves...I remember the PS3 was around $700 USD when it first came out.

Heisenberg likes this

I don't play video games no more.

I used to, but I stop like a couple of years ago.

That said, I still have and Xbox 360, Wii and PS3....but all they do is collect dust.

I used them more to play music and movies. But I got frustrated with both of them because of the lack of support for many files.

Example they both use FAT 32, so I can't use files bigger then 4g! :mad:

Then they both can't play MKV, which sucks ass!

Internet browser not the greatest either.

So if these two systems want to make their system and all in one, they will have these issues fix!

And then I will buy one of them.

P.S. I lied when I said I don't play video games. I do once a while with my brothers and friends play those interactive games. Like Wii sports, PS3 sports champion and such. But other then that, it does not interest much as when I was younger. Getting old. :(

That said, I still have and Xbox 360, Wii and PS3....but all they do is collect dust.

Wanna lend one? Will pay for shipping.

Wanna lend one? Will pay for shipping.

I would, but I have a little brother and sister.

When they come over to my house they are the one that used them. Sorry. :(

Give me your PS3.Enough said :Goober:

Fernando likes this

What ever console creates a high definition version of Abe's Odyssey and Crash Bandicoot I'll buy that shiz. Na I'll probably stick with Xbox.

Heisenberg likes this

Fuck this rule about not being able to play pre-owned games. How f*cked up is it that on this new generation, if I was to lend a game to a friend he'd have to PAY to play it, even though the game's already been purchased!!

As if EA, Ubisoft etc don't make enough having the nerve to charged an average of £40-50/game, now they want to do this?! Absolutely typical. Fuck Xbox One, fuck Playstation4.

BlueSunshine and The Mak like this

My PS3 died of YLOD. Before that I use to play Fifa and MW3 on it everyday. When it died I dusted down the Xbox360 I got for Xmas which I had never even got out the box. I played it for about a week and since then I have never played it again.

The Xbox just doesn't cut it for me. I love PSN and the simple fact it's free, it will always win hands down. I love a free-be.

PS4 is going to be immense and I just can't wait to play Fifa again and beat everyone online like I use to.

Sigh both hardware is the same...

The games will be IDENTICAL you really think Dev studios are going to change artwork / textures? No, they will be from the same code base - this is just a 'badge' war - no more tech wars, nobody can afford it :) this is like Kellogs cornflakes vs xyz brand - same factory just different packaging (yes I worked in food industry and shock horror can confirm this is true)! Now work in games industry for 10 years :)

THE BEST NEWS IS THAT FINALLY x64 gaming is REALLY HERE :) we should have been x128 by now for sure - but I can't wait for x64 :)

Still pissed that neither console can support 4k resolution (except for movies/pics) - that's just stupid...

Oh well back to my dual card PC rig for some serious Ultra HD gaming (admittedly 10x price of console) :)

Off to E3 as well - so should be good to have a blast on the Xbox, my Dev kit PS4 ain't bad :)

Don't know where this "PS4 is way more powerful" bullshit is coming from.

The specs are nearly identical. PS4 has a very slight advantage just like with the PS3 over the 360. Games will likely look just about the same.

Don't know if you're referring to me, but I didn't say it's 'way more powerful' but it is superior in every department. RAM wise, GPU wise, Blu Ray type wise. Most games may look alike but just like the PS3, when it comes to Exclusives the Playstation thoroughly outperforms the Xbox graphically because it has more capabilities.

The biggest video game market in the world is here in the US where it's not about graphics alone but more about the services. That's why the 360 has destroyed the PS3 here because Xbox LIVE is so popular.

I don't know in what way the Xbox destroyed Playstation, because Microsoft had a one year head start on Sony and only managed to sell 200k more units, which is a bit pathetic. I'd also prefer free online (even if it's Hackable) then one you have to pay for.

There's a reason that the 360 versions of each Call of Duty vastly outsell the PS3 versions: Xbox LIVE.

The reason is because Xbox has about 2 exclusives as opposed to Playstation's 73838. Due to that, all Microsoft do is promote the hell out of Call of Duty and they've been doing that for years, even though it's a cross platform game...It has very little to do with Xbox live, which is full of screaming 12 year old COD fanboys.

It looks like a VHS player. It looks like my AV system. It looks like a DVR box.

What the fuck is it supposed to look like?

I'm just throwing this out there, but perhaps it's supposed to look like a console? The Playstation 4 will probably look like one. The previous generation consoles looked like consoles. Microsoft just screwed up here in terms of Aesthetics and Name (Especially the name...).

E3 is just around the corner. That'll be just about the games, whereas Sony still need to show the box off, show what it will be like to use and all the other boring shit that Microsoft got out of the way last night.

The thing is, Sony isn't like Microsoft. The console itself probably won't be ridiculous in various aspects and they won't mention 'TV, Sports or Call of Duty' every 2 sentences. It was only boring because Microsoft made it boring. It could have been so much better. I expect Sony to give Microsoft a master class and knock it out of the ball park.
Rmpr likes this

@Clevemayer, thought you'd find this interesting.

PS4 seems to beat Xbox One hands down hardware wise.

xbox-one-playstation-4-specs.png

http://bgr.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-specs/

EDIT:

Also pretty sure PS4 is running at 2.0ghz CPU frequency, which is another plus over the Xbox One.