test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

Antoine Griezmann

Started by Spike,

1,520 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, the wes said:

Atletico Madrid finds out today if there transfer banned gets lifted 

It won't. They're screwed. 

So Griezmann is either going to respect the situation or chicken out to United. Will instantly turn the Atletico fans against him tho. 

16 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

It won't. They're screwed. 

So Griezmann is either going to respect the situation or chicken out to United. Will instantly turn the Atletico fans against him tho. 

Atletico transfer ban got upheld today

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

Atletico transfer ban got upheld today

That's what I said. 

Atleti is screwed. 

5 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

That's what I said. 

Atleti is screwed. 

Griezmann going nowhere this summer 

BREAKING NEWS

Manchester United have cooled their interest in Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann, according to Sky sources. 

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

BREAKING NEWS

Manchester United have cooled their interest in Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann, according to Sky sources. 

:D It just so happens that their interest "cools" just as Atleti's transfer ban is upheld. Sure.

Probably not good for our supposed pursuit of Lukaku or Morata, though.

Just now, Pizy said:

:D It just so happens that their interest "cools" just as Atleti's transfer ban is upheld. Sure.

Probably not good for our supposed pursuit of Lukaku or Morata, though.

I can't see mourinho going for lukaku mourinho couldn't wait to get rid off him at chelsea 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I can't see mourinho going for lukaku mourinho couldn't wait to get rid off him at chelsea 

He binned Mata as well yet managed to get along with him just fine at United. I don't think he'd have a problem going for Lukaku now.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

He binned Mata as well yet managed to get along with him just fine at United. I don't think he'd have a problem going for Lukaku now.

I just dont get that one thing. Mata here got so impatient, decided to leave, despite all the history he made and his "love" for Chelsea. Yet in United, he gets along, doesnt complain, keeps saying he wants to stay etc etc, despite he is not first choice either.

Same for Sturridge. He wanted to leave us in order to get more playtime. Sure he got plenty injuries, but even when fit, he is not in first plans for Klopp. And he doesnt say a word.

It feels as if we cant convince certain players to play smaller role. Dont know why tho? Maybe Mata thinks United is such big club and he likes it even if he doesnt play that much. 

We need bigger dragging power to kick into players heads to stay here even if they dont play that much, even if they are quite good players.

Its obvious Danny and Mata wouldnt be first options, but having them on bench would be nice. With all the strikers coming in and out since Danny left, who knows, he might get more playtime if he was patient.

King11Didier likes this

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I just dont get that one thing. Mata here got so impatient, decided to leave, despite all the history he made and his "love" for Chelsea. Yet in United, he gets along, doesnt complain, keeps saying he wants to stay etc etc, despite he is not first choice either.

Same for Sturridge. He wanted to leave us in order to get more playtime. Sure he got plenty injuries, but even when fit, he is not in first plans for Klopp. And he doesnt say a word.

It feels as if we cant convince certain players to play smaller role. Dont know why tho? Maybe Mata thinks United is such big club and he likes it even if he doesnt play that much. 

We need bigger dragging power to kick into players heads to stay here even if they dont play that much, even if they are quite good players.

Its obvious Danny and Mata wouldnt be first options, but having them on bench would be nice. With all the strikers coming in and out since Danny left, who knows, he might get more playtime if he was patient.

Mata, whilst being at ManU, knows he's not going to be first-choice at any top club. He was one here until Mourinho showed up. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

There's one difference though - Mata is already a well developed player while Lukaku isn't yet. Is Mourinho willing to develop the latter? I doubt it and Mourinho always has an experienced striker to lead the line of his team.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

There's one difference though - Mata is already a well developed player while Lukaku isn't yet. Is Mourinho willing to develop the latter? I doubt it and Mourinho always has an experienced striker to lead the line of his team.

True. Although he did play Rashford a whole lot this season and he's just as raw as Lukaku is. Maybe they keep Zlatan around for another year and mentor whichever new striker they buy? 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

True. Although he did play Rashford a whole lot this season and he's just as raw as Lukaku is. Maybe they keep Zlatan around for another year and mentor whichever new striker they buy? 

Did he have a choice though? Besides Zlatan, there's no one else that can do a job for them and Mourinho doesn't even fancy Martial.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

Probably not good for our supposed pursuit of Lukaku

You mean great :ph34r:

The only player I can imagine United going in for now is Lacazette. I just can't see who else is available unless Bayern completely change the way they usually work and accept a mega bid for Lewandowski. 

Or just maybe, they'll go into the season with the exact same strike force, bar a wild card nobody expects to do much. I think those are the most likely scenarios especially when you consider Jason's point about Jose probably not being willing to develop a player.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did he have a choice though? Besides Zlatan, there's no one else that can do a job for them and Mourinho doesn't even fancy Martial.

If not Griezmann, I'm just not sure there are that many options for them. Or anyone after a top striker for that matter. Every top team after one will be looking at the same small pool of options. Lukaku, Morata, Belotti...

Worst case scenario is they turn their attention to Sanchez. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

If not Griezmann, I'm just not sure there are that many options for them. Or anyone after a top striker for that matter. Every top team after one will be looking at the same small pool of options. Lukaku, Morata, Belotti...

Worst case scenario is they turn their attention to Sanchez. :ph34r:

If ibra stays another year they might just wait on for griezmann

Heard Ibra out until 2018, for sure MU will buy another striker, regardless Ibra staying or not.

I can see Griezmann is staying at least until January.

Can someone more educated in transfer bans enlighten me. Does it only ban them from signing players or registering? For example could we not swap Diego + cash for Griezz? or does the problem lay in then registering Diego as a member of Atletico? forgive my ignorance just trying to think outside the box:lol: