Spike

a front 3 of hazard costa and griezmann....oh mama. or hazard batman griezmann <3 

but unless simeone leaves atleti we have no chance. if he does it will be an all out bidding war which i dont like our chances. ManU is just gonna say fuck it name your price, BUT we can all dream.

Griezmann should not be played out wide. At all!

Should play as a SS, or in the #10 position at worst.

We'd have to switch to a 2 forward formation or back to the 4-2-3-1.

If we got money for Griezmann, I rather just keep Costa and spend that money on a genuine world class right winger. Get Alexis Sanchez.

On 03/09/2016 at 10:05 PM, the wes said:

Picture verratti and Kante in the midfield of the park scary stuff nobody would get pass them two 

I do and it makes me dribble!

On 04/09/2016 at 7:47 AM, the wes said:

Conte got a good relationship with verratti u never know he could end up at chelsea 

I think if we did stand a chance it might depend on us making Europe next season. Would make a great N'Golo partner tho eh!

But as this IS a Griezmann thread I will happily donate my left dangley towards signing him.

What we could use is a big marquee player or 2. It changes the club completey. Same as bringing in a toip manager. From the terraces to the town to the changing room to the pitch it makes an electricity.

I like all our transfers this season (Alonso from what Ive read up on and vids seen) And I think they will each be great for the club as a team. And our electricity is coming from a combination of things which may in the long run be better. But just look at the buzz that happens when a Pog or Ibra (or BOTH) joins a club.Didn't help Manure today tho eh hahaaa

100m€ is too much for him. He is goalscorer but he's not creator. For that kind of money goals alone are not enough. And even then his goalscoring record is very good but not brilliant. He is more 1 in 2 striker than 1 in 1.

Especially when we're in dire need of some creativity, I'd rather buy 30 year old Payet, I think that's more what our team currently need.

He's playing in a team and in a league were the top teams are light years ahead of the rest of the league, which is garbage quality, so he stands out.

That's not to say he's not a good player, he is, but I'm not convinced he's a world class player. If we were to lose Hazard next season, I won't mind him though. 

49 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

100m€ is too much for him. He is goalscorer but he's not creator. For that kind of money goals alone are not enough. And even then his goalscoring record is very good but not brilliant. He is more 1 in 2 striker than 1 in 1.

Especially when we're in dire need of some creativity, I'd rather buy 30 year old Payet, I think that's more what our team currently need.

In the Euros, I thought Griezmann performed very well in that #10 role, especially vs Germany in the Semi's. However, It's true that he hasn't played there for an extended period of time. Thought he looked lethal in that SS/CAM role. 

If he came to the PL, I think that would be the role that'd best suit him. 

No creation ? 

Out of all current 9's he is probably the guy with the most skills, passing range, vision and dribbling abilities. 

He is world class, genuinely believe he would smash records for fun if he was in same conditions as Benzema, Suarez and Lewandowski, he plays at a solid team of course, but they rely way too much on their off the ball organisation and he has a shitload of defensive duties also ( which isn't bad, especially that the guy is pretty generous for a number 9 ). 

If we could replace Costa with him ( with all the love I have for Diego ) we would probably be doing the transfer of the year, unfortunately, for many reasons, don't see that happening, he's bound to go to a top top club because at this point in time the only upgrade you can have as an Atletico footballer who is playing at Ballon d'Or contender levels is the top 3 ( with maybe a surprise move to PSG as he is French ). 

1 hour ago, Adnane said:

No creation ? 

Out of all current 9's he is probably the guy with the most skills, passing range, vision and dribbling abilities. 

He is world class, genuinely believe he would smash records for fun if he was in same conditions as Benzema, Suarez and Lewandowski, he plays at a solid team of course, but they rely way too much on their off the ball organisation and he has a shitload of defensive duties also ( which isn't bad, especially that the guy is pretty generous for a number 9 ). 

If we could replace Costa with him ( with all the love I have for Diego ) we would probably be doing the transfer of the year, unfortunately, for many reasons, don't see that happening, he's bound to go to a top top club because at this point in time the only upgrade you can have as an Atletico footballer who is playing at Ballon d'Or contender levels is the top 3 ( with maybe a surprise move to PSG as he is French ). 

Griezmann is too small to play the number 9 role up front alone. He'd get bullied in the PL. He isn't a point of reference - doesn't play with his back to goal as well as someone like Benzema, Suarez or Lewandowski. Heck, even Costa is better due to his physicality. 

He definitely isn't a pure no. 9. Always has support up front, either at Atletico or for France. Swapping Costa for Griezmann would be a very very bad idea. 

23 hours ago, Adnane said:

Aguero is doing all that without being tall ( he is strong but Griezmann is no Oscar either ). 

Aguero is very strong and stocky and has great balance, Griezmann isn't known for that. You really can't compare the two. 

Has Griezmann ever even played upfront on his own in his career? 

14 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Aguero is very strong and stocky and has great balance, Griezmann isn't known for that. You really can't compare the two. 

Has Griezmann ever even played upfront on his own in his career? 

The whole of last season, playing at Ballon d'Or levels.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You