test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

Antoine Griezmann

Started by Spike,

1,520 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

We need to spend big too. I don't care if we won the title pretty easily this season but going with the same squad to next season would possibly be 10/11 season or even 15/16. Man Utd are going to break world records again without a doubt. And we still don't know what Man City are thinking but they will spend big too I suppose. Need 4/5 new players, and 3 or 4 of them being starting 11 players. 

I agree. I doubt we'll even try to compete with United spending wise, though. I may be proven wrong if the Lukaku figures turn out to be true, but I can't really imagine us spending £80-100m on a single player like they do.

I think we'll be buying a bunch of very good player with potential to become great whereas United will buy ready made superstars like Griezmann and like they did with Ibra and Pogba. Mourinho absolutely needs to win a big trophy next season or he'll have failed. He'll spend ludicrous amounts of money to try to ensure it happens.

We thought the spending of the Manchester clubs was insane last summer but I think this one will blow it away.

laura90 likes this

44 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Griezmann also said his future will be finalised in next two weeks...

Utd bound then does anybody know A. Madrid transfer banned been lifted yet?  

33 minutes ago, the wes said:

Utd bound then does anybody know A. Madrid transfer banned been lifted yet?  

I heard it has been lifted, but not from very reliable source, so dont take it for granted. 

That said, Lacazette and lyon boss pretty much said Lacazette is leaving Lyon for Atletico, so I guess if ban wasnt lifted just yet, there is huge possibility it will be soon.

You just know Lacazette will be next big thing in atletico, after Aguero, Falcao, Costa and Griezmann haha

I also think its very good thing United and city gonna spend alot this summer. All these years, best players were leaving england and spain totaly dominated europe. I think things will slowly change and eventualy english clubs and football will be back on top. Thats great for Chelsea also, because we will simply have to improve and improve if we want to be competitive against manchesters. 

Some realy promising seasons ahead for Premier League.

kellzfresh and The Skipper like this

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I heard it has been lifted, but not from very reliable source, so dont take it for granted. 

That said, Lacazette and lyon boss pretty much said Lacazette is leaving Lyon for Atletico, so I guess if ban wasnt lifted just yet, there is huge possibility it will be soon.

You just know Lacazette will be next big thing in atletico, after Aguero, Falcao, Costa and Griezmann haha

I also think its very good thing United and city gonna spend alot this summer. All these years, best players were leaving england and spain totaly dominated europe. I think things will slowly change and eventualy english clubs and football will be back on top. Thats great for Chelsea also, because we will simply have to improve and improve if we want to be competitive against manchesters. 

Some realy promising seasons ahead for Premier League.

No, it has not been decided yet, Atm only has appealed to the court. Frankly, I do not think they will get the same treatment as real madrid and papa perez and I hope it stays that way cause they are a bunch of chealskates who only want to pay 32m for Costa. It would affect our transfer fund.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

I know it's Man United and there's potentially the lure of Champions League but don't get why would any top player in their right mind want to play for Mourinho. Have they not watched Mourinho's football? Have they not seen or read the amount of BS Mourinho does to his players?

Because Utd pay absurd wages.You think he'll come to us and get paid more than hazard?

laura90 likes this

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

I agree. I doubt we'll even try to compete with United spending wise, though. I may be proven wrong if the Lukaku figures turn out to be true, but I can't really imagine us spending £80-100m on a single player like they do.

I think we'll be buying a bunch of very good player with potential to become great whereas United will buy ready made superstars like Griezmann and like they did with Ibra and Pogba. Mourinho absolutely needs to win a big trophy next season or he'll have failed. He'll spend ludicrous amounts of money to try to ensure it happens.

We thought the spending of the Manchester clubs was insane last summer but I think this one will blow it away.

They will probably get Griezmann and some smaller additions. 

Shame is José will probably win the Europa League final and it will overshadow his Premier League mediocrity this season.

City will probably buy a whole new XI. I fear them more than ManUtd. Insane because Pep has already spend like crazy last summer. 

Griezmann isn't really worth anywhere near the amount that is being talked about. 

Call me crazy, but I don't think he comes in here and changes anything as far as the dynamic of the team, or makes us significantly stronger. I just don't see how he can bring anything more than what Pedro brought this season. Think he is very much the big fish in the small pond type. Much like how some raved about Mata here, but when he finally had to be apart of the big team, he really did look... average. 

Robchels likes this

Let's hijack transfer like we did with Pedro! :blink: If he want titles he should choose us, not boring United

the wes likes this

Let's hijack transfer like we did with Pedro! :blink: If he want titles he should choose us, not boring United

He won't be joining them if they lose later today.

I wonder how effective he'll be in England. He's really the polar opposite of a Mourinho striker. Unless Zlatan is staying and he plays off him. Trying and struggling to think of another tiny main striker that has torn the PL apart. I know the physicality of the PL is overhyped a lot, but Griezmann looks even smaller than guys like Mata and Coutinho. He'll be going directly up against big, physical CB's and the thugs that the likes of West Brom and Stoke employ. Will he be able to handle that? We'll see. I don't think he'll find it as easy to score 25+ goals here like he does in Spain. He'll do well, certainly, but enough to warrant a £90m price tag?

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wonder how effective he'll be in England. He's really the polar opposite of a Mourinho striker. Unless Zlatan is staying and he plays off him. Trying and struggling to think of another tiny main striker that has torn the PL apart. I know the physicality of the PL is overhyped a lot, but Griezmann looks even smaller than guys like Mata and Coutinho. He'll be going directly up against big, physical CB's and the thugs that the likes of West Brom and Stoke employ. Will he be able to handle that? We'll see. I don't think he'll find it as easy to score 25+ goals here like he does in Spain. He'll do well, certainly, but enough to warrant a £90m price tag?

Got to laugh at these price tags despite the current market. 

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

He used to be kinda fragile, but since last summer, he improved alot. He can run whole games now and tracks back alot. 

Sanchez is better option than Griezmann at least with Sanchez he's PL proven and cost less than Griezmann aswell Griezmann could be hit or flop in the PL nobody knows Sanchez has showing his quality in the PL 

mashimaru161 likes this