Spike

9 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Read reports that New Italian Manager stated Verratti is unhappy in Paris but would like a return to Serie A.. Maybe we can convince him to switch to PL instead with an Italian manager of our own 

Conte got a good relationship with verratti u never know he could end up at chelsea 

14 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

They lost Ibra who Verratti admired alot. Emery wants to play double pivot with Verratti #10, but Verratti wants role he had last year in centre.

Luiz left, Matuidi wants out too. I see Psg replace Ibra very difficult. All players like Msn, Bale, Hazard, Lewa etc are not available to Psg.

All that said, Verratti is 23. And world class potential. There is no way he will stay at psg much longer. He has ambition and character of a winner and wont stay in ligue 1 in prime of his career which is coming. Unless they will want over 100m for him, I see him leaving soon. 

Also problem of Psg is they play in smaller league. Much like Zenit the interest will fade unless they bring in world stars, which will be difficult. Very difficult. Psg had absolutely awful summer and the ffp is hitting them too. Obviously Zenit is completely different story, but you get my point. Paris is wonderful city, league is not that bad, money is there, but in the end, 90% of top players play in england and spain.

The question is not why will he leave but when and where.  

Verratti is way past potential. I'm not a big fan of rankings but you can't name me five better midfielders than him. What a player.

6 hours ago, the wes said:

Conte got a good relationship with verratti u never know he could end up at chelsea 

True but he probably wont. 

Barca, Real, United, City etc all will be interested when he actualy wants out.

That means Psg will demand shitload of cash. Talking about close to 100m. And our board will never pay that fee even if Verratti will want to join us. But offcourse we can try.

3 hours ago, DYC. said:

Verratti is way past potential. I'm not a big fan of rankings but you can't name me five better midfielders than him. What a player.

I love his fighting spirit. He is not only technical player, but also unbelievable warrior. 

However I would still say he is potential. He was realy good past few years, but he has big room for improvement and playing in better league will show how good he truly is. 

On 3 September 2016 at 7:49 PM, BlueLyon said:

I was about to tell you we should go after Verratti next summer instead and then I saw you already mentioned him :D

Verratti IMO will leave psg sooner or later and if we get chance we should splash whatever cash they want. In situations like this its definately good we didnt pay 60m for James because Verratti would fit us much more.

Verrati is a genuinely world-class player who is actually worth splashing a lot of cash on.

I agree with you that the time must be coming when he will want to leave Paris. Whether we can put ourselves at the top of his list of destinations when the time comes is very doubtful however. 

On 6.09.2016 at 5:19 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

Verrati is a genuinely world-class player who is actually worth splashing a lot of cash on.

I agree with you that the time must be coming when he will want to leave Paris. Whether we can put ourselves at the top of his list of destinations when the time comes is very doubtful however. 

I think we'd be right up there. The main reason is Conte. We just have to secure CL football to start dreaming about it. But I'm not too sure Veratti is that keen to leave, he renewed his contract with PSG twice this year, the recent one happened just a month ago. Unless he receives a pay rise once he threatens to leave.

Funny thing that Kante + Veratti is the smallest midfield duo yet I doubt they couldn't cope with physicallity.  The truly world class players just aren't bullied.

Isn't he a Man United fan? And it seems he's best mates with Pogba.

They can blow us out of the water with wages and transfer fee so I'm not sure how we'd compete with them for him. Unless Conte can work his magic.

Though I wonder, with both Mourinho and Zlatan himself saying he'd for sure be back for another year at least, what would signing Griezmann do for Rashford's already limited chances? 

Isn't he a Man United fan? And it seems he's best mates with Pogba.

They can blow us out of the water with wages and transfer fee so I'm not sure how we'd compete with them for him. Unless Conte can work his magic.

Though I wonder, with both Mourinho and Zlatan himself saying he'd for sure be back for another year at least, what would signing Griezmann do for Rashford's already limited chances? 

I honestly think Rashford will take Martial's spot at some point and the latter will be sold to PSG in Jan/next summer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You