test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

Antoine Griezmann

Started by Spike,

1,520 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Spike said:

Only fans of the PL think the PL is the best league in the world. It shouldn't have four CL spots anymore.

We are 10 points clear... Real aren't, PSG aren't and Bayern are 7 off.

Are we also becoming a tinpot league? lol!

8 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

PSG doing quite well in the Champions League, so Ligue 1 is a stronger league than the PL? I  think you have to look at 20 teams, not only 2-3. In the Premier League even the worst teams have great players and each team is dangerous. In Italy, the bottom 4-5 teams are a joke, also in Spain. You can't compare Crotone or Granada to Swansea.

Ridiculous Strawman fallacy. I said nothing of the sorts.

In Spain goal differential isn't counted that is why more blowouts occur; I certainly do believe that Granada could give Swansea a run for their money because quite frankly; Swansea has been absolute rubbish this season. Why would a team bother to risk injury or exhaustion against Real Madrid when a 2-0 score is equivalent to 10-0? This fact coupled with easier to get yellow and red cards makes it apparent that the 'gap' between the top of Spain and the bottom is more than just talent. Spain is definitely rigged to benefit the better teams.

6 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

We are 10 points clear... Real aren't, PSG aren't and Bayern are 7 off.

Are we also becoming a tinpot league? lol!

Another ridiculous Strawman.

The Skipper, Peace. and DYC. like this

Good weather merchant.

To explain: he had multiple interviews where he said that he might not come to England because the overall weather here is poor and he doesn't like rain. I don't like rain either but holy shit...what a pussy.

I know he's from mid-France and lived in Spain most of his life but...come on mate what sort of professional is he? 

Shows how much of a primadonna's footballers are nowadays. Big pussies. 

Hope Conte will sign him instead of these wooden target man strikers like Morata or Belotti.

8 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Good weather merchant.

To explain: he had multiple interviews where he said that he might not come to England because the overall weather here is poor and he doesn't like rain. I don't like rain either but holy shit...what a pussy.

I know he's from mid-France and lived in Spain most of his life but...come on mate what sort of professional is he? 

Shows how much of a primadonna's footballers are nowadays. Big pussies. 

They wouldn't last a day over here. Pussies indeed, but on the other hand if you took me out of my normal climate and put me in some constantly dry hot weather I wouldn't probably play as well. One point we must understand is that those types of players have the luxury to choose where they play, it's not all only about football, it's also about quality of life. They are mega rich, spoilt and living dream lives and if they feel they wouldn't be as happy in a different climate then they have every right to choose the path that increases their quality of life. I don't know if that makes sense to you. I also consider people like that pussies because I am used to shitty weather, but then I think if I had to consider living in Australia climate would be a big factor in my decision because I can't stand heat. Maybe it's the same with them and rain/cold.

MefiX19 likes this

1 hour ago, Liuxas said:

Hope Conte will sign him instead of these wooden target man strikers like Morata or Belotti.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

On 3/24/2017 at 5:39 PM, manpe said:

They wouldn't last a day over here. Pussies indeed, but on the other hand if you took me out of my normal climate and put me in some constantly dry hot weather I wouldn't probably play as well. One point we must understand is that those types of players have the luxury to choose where they play, it's not all only about football, it's also about quality of life. They are mega rich, spoilt and living dream lives and if they feel they wouldn't be as happy in a different climate then they have every right to choose the path that increases their quality of life. I don't know if that makes sense to you. I also consider people like that pussies because I am used to shitty weather, but then I think if I had to consider living in Australia climate would be a big factor in my decision because I can't stand heat. Maybe it's the same with them and rain/cold.

Nonsense, they have so much money they can get the best health treatment, best nutrition, etc, etc. Their quality of life is in no way affected living in a colder country. Tell me about the quality of life in the Middle East and Africa where it's scorching hot and people are dropping dead due to starvation and diseases. Footballers in the modern day are molly coddled. Griezmann is from France where the temperature (barring the South) is not much different than London/South of England. Of course a player can choose where he wants to live and work, but to act like they're paupers who are choosing a quality of life is ridiculous. They are healthy guys who run around a lot for a living and earn a fortune doing so. look at Gabriel Jesus as an example; a talented young Brazilian with tons of potential, decided to move to arguably one of the colder places in England, yet he isn't whining about where he wants to go. To him, living in England provides a much higher quality of life than his life in Brazil. Griezmann doesn't have to move in all honesty, Atletico are a top club. Will he be much better off moving to Man Utd or to Chelsea? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

*slits wrist*

Means nothing. He's said numerous times in the past he's fed up with being asked about his future, maybe he's now decided to fuck around with the media to cause controversy. 

Just now, It's too big said:

Means nothing. He's said numerous times in the past he's fed up with being asked about his future, maybe he's now decided to fuck around with the media to cause controversy. 

TBF, he also said 7/10 he'll stay at Atletico.

9 minutes ago, mediator said:

it will depend if Man U win the europe league and will play CL next year

My thoughts exactly. It's 6/10 now before the EL Final. It'll probably be a done deal should United win it, no deal should Ajax batter them.

I for one would go for him if United fail to win the EL. Especially now with the Alexis Sanchez rumours gathering pace that he's joining Bayern.

Griezmann's clearly opened to a change and to be fair I think it'd be a perfect fit for this Conte setup. He's also coming from a similar training and tactics regime. 

mediator likes this

5 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

My thoughts exactly. It's 6/10 now before the EL Final. It'll probably be a done deal should United win it, no deal should Ajax batter them.

I for one would go for him if United fail to win the EL. Especially now with the Alexis Sanchez rumours gathering pace that he's joining Bayern.

Griezmann's clearly opened to a change and to be fair I think it'd be a perfect fit for this Conte setup. He's also coming from a similar training and tactics regime. 

I know it's Man United and there's potentially the lure of Champions League but don't get why would any top player in their right mind want to play for Mourinho. Have they not watched Mourinho's football? Have they not seen or read the amount of BS Mourinho does to his players?

Pizy, 11Drogba, laura90 and 1 other like this

Think regardless of whether they win the final they'll go crazy in the transfer market. Maybe slightly crazier if they win. They so desperately want to be the Madrid or Bayern of the PL by buying big name after big name. Griezmann will be one of about 3 or 4 "Galacticos" they'll bring in, imo.

I trust Conte (if given the backing by the board) to buy intelligently enough to stay at the top. Both ourselves and Spuds (Liverpool, too, to a lesser extent) proved this season that simply bringing in huge names isn't a guarnetee of success. 

But yeah, I expect them to break the transfer record more than once this summer.

laura90 likes this

Just now, Pizy said:

Think regardless of whether they win the final they'll go crazy in the transfer market. Maybe slightly crazier if they win. They so desperately want to be the Madrid or Bayern of the PL by buying big name after big name. Griezmann will be one of about 3 or 4 "Galacticos" they'll bring in, imo.

I trust Conte (if given the backing by the board) to buy intelligently enough to stay at the top. Both ourselves and Spuds (Liverpool, too, to a lesser extent) proved this season that simply bringing in huge names isn't a guarnetee of success. 

But yeah, I expect them to break the transfer record more than once this summer.

We need to spend big too. I don't care if we won the title pretty easily this season but going with the same squad to next season would possibly be 10/11 season or even 15/16. Man Utd are going to break world records again without a doubt. And we still don't know what Man City are thinking but they will spend big too I suppose. Need 4/5 new players, and 3 or 4 of them being starting 11 players.