test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

Antoine Griezmann

Started by Spike,

1,404 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The Glazers have been in debt for years, but that hasn't stopped them from Di Maria/Pogba deals. 

United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said the other day there will not be a major squad overhaul with utd in the summer if thats the case I can't see utd spending huge money on Griezmann 

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said the other day there will not be a major squad overhaul with utd in the summer if thats the case I can't see utd spending huge money on Griezmann 

Depends how he means 'major' I suppose. He may mean it in the sense of numbers, not of budget. One signing, at huge cost, may therefore fit within his definition of no major overhaul.

On 08/02/2017 at 4:14 PM, zekinjo said:

I wouldn't say "small team"... 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/03/manchester-united-squad-most-expensive-history

Atleti is probably the only club in the world taking players out of the hat and creating top players and selling some of them while constantly making a good results. That's the definition of a top club.

This would make Atleti the only 'top' club in the world which makes that definition hard to work with. :)

17 minutes ago, the wes said:

It does not make sense for united to make major changes, the teams is loaded at every position. Maybe a left back (if they move shaw) and a cm to replace carrick and that's it

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The Glazers have been in debt for years, but that hasn't stopped them from Di Maria/Pogba deals. 

I doubt he's someone the club are still interested in. A CF (Lukaku or Morata) is the most likely acquisition. 

There aren't many links and he's not worth the money quoted. Would like his signing just for excitement, for the fact that we can compete with the big boys. Obviously he's very good and he'd be my signing for right-side forward regardless of money but if club pass on this they can't be blamed. But I simply don't want another underwhelming signing that we have concerns about from the start and being absolutely fed up 6 months in.

OhForAGreavsie likes this

They really don't need an overhaul as such, but actual quality. I can see them getting rid of a few big earners (Rooney being the main one) and once again splashing out on a marquee signing.

There aren't many links and he's not worth the money quoted. Would like his signing just for excitement, for the fact that we can compete with the big boys. Obviously he's very good and he'd be my signing for right-side forward regardless of money but if club pass on this they can't be blamed. But I simply don't want another underwhelming signing that we have concerns about from the start and being absolutely fed up 6 months in.

I'm with you. We need a ready made player to fill either a potential CF void or a RWF. We've bought poorly on the grand scheme of things when it comes to the latter.

I would prefer Dybala over  Griezmann.

A level of quality between the two there is no story, I just watch the games and ball control, dribbling, genius, vision of the game, the shot, the set pieces, the ability to make assists, to speak Dybala, griezz is better only in entries

Remember ManUtd fans slagging us and the City fans for signing mercenary players?

Any way, Griezmann is not world class, not worth 100m and a pussy.

18 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Remember ManUtd fans slagging us and the City fans for signing mercenary players?

Any way, Griezmann is not world class, not worth 100m and a pussy.

Most footballers are pussies nowadays  when i use to play football  has a kid I use to love playing football in the rain 

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

Most footballers are pussies nowadays  when i use to play football  has a kid I use to love playing football in the rain 

Indeed mate same goes for challenges and tackling. Remember a player like Jaap Stam, there is no modern day counterpart of a defender like him. A no-nonsense defender.

On 16/02/2017 at 10:25 AM, BoyBlue96 said:

Indeed mate same goes for challenges and tackling. Remember a player like Jaap Stam, there is no modern day counterpart of a defender like him. A no-nonsense defender.

Stop this nostalgia bs, there are tons: Azpilicueta, Cahill, Pepe, Mascherano...

Chelsea? likes this

14 minutes ago, Artandur said:

If he truly stays this summer at Atletico, even when ManUtd swing by with a 100 million cheque and he refuses Or even us, he gets a lot of respect from me for staying loyal to Atletico and Simeone (if he even stays)

We all know Pogba only moved from a BIG Juventus team to this joke of an United side for the money. United fans claiming he went back to United because he "loves the club" should look up for the reason he originally left them 5 years ago: money. 

14 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

If he truly stays this summer at Atletico, even when ManUtd swing by with a 100 million cheque and he refuses Or even us, he gets a lot of respect from me for staying loyal to Atletico and Simeone (if he even stays)

We all know Pogba only moved from a BIG Juventus team to this joke of an United side for the money. United fans claiming he went back to United because he "loves the club" should look up for the reason he originally left them 5 years ago: money. 

To be fair to Paul United are his academy club. They are also in the PL which is considered the best league in the world. No one expects Dybala to say at Juve if he keep his current form either. 

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Only fans of the PL think the PL is the best league in the world. It shouldn't have four CL spots anymore.

Can't argue with that. Think the PL biggest issue is the smaller teams parking the bus so often. Idk

14 hours ago, Spike said:

Only fans of the PL think the PL is the best league in the world. It shouldn't have four CL spots anymore.

In terms of quality, it is unarguably true that The Premier League is not the best in the world. I think however that Premier League fans get a bad wrap in this regard due to imprecise use of language.

Many describe the English league as the "best" but few, if any, mean that in terms of its quality. Sometimes people are referring to the league's undoubted popularity, and sometimes, rightly or wrongly, they are expressing the opinion that the league is the most interesting. If you tell me that it would sound less arrogant, and more grounded in reality, if we all gave up the shorthand and used language more accurately, I could not argue with you. That said, I neither know, nor know of, anyone who thinks the Premier League contains the best players, in the best teams, playing the best football. In that sense, I think it would be wrong to imagine that there are people who genuinely believe those things. If there are any, then they are a tiny, tiny minority.

Clearly England's entitlement to four Champions League places is based more on our clubs' exploits in the not so distant past, than it is on their current efforts. Equally clearly therefore the fourth place will be lost unless we buck up our ideas. For those who, like me, have an emotional commitment to this league, it matters a great deal that we should.

11Drogba, The Skipper and DYC. like this

3 hours ago, Spike said:

PSG doing quite well in the Champions League, so Ligue 1 is a stronger league than the PL? I  think you have to look at 20 teams, not only 2-3. In the Premier League even the worst teams have great players and each team is dangerous. In Italy, the bottom 4-5 teams are a joke, also in Spain. You can't compare Crotone or Granada to Swansea.

the wes likes this