test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

Antoine Griezmann

Started by Spike,

1,411 posts in this topic

We don't even create many clear cut chances let alone finish them.

Mostly because of stupid decision making in the final third, and we all know that if a chance doesn't fall to hazard or our strikers we don't score.

If you watched liverpool vs swansea, you will see that lpool scored almost all their chances in the match. We won't even score 2 even if we create 6 clear chances like against galatasaray.

You can't be comfortable as a coach knowing a 1-0 lead can become 1-1 even though the game plan is perfect. So Jose closes games out most of the time. If we are as good as his formal team madrid in terms of finishing, he won't be needing to bring mikel on and play conserved to close games out and reduce both teams chances of scoring. If we are clinical Jose can trust them, and we will be playing with high energy in every match knowing we will be 2-3 goals up.

That's why I said we need more finishers in our starting 11 than just the striker imo. Right now just prevent hazard and striker shooting and no goal.

I would swap him for Willian if the chance presented itself, his younger, left footed, a proven goal threat, decent height, and defensively sound

Vela would be actualy better fit. He looks very mature and more experienced. Also he is RW or striker, while Griezmann is LW, postition where both Hazard and Willian can play. But sure wouldnt want to be on bench here, no way.

Vela would be actualy better fit. He looks very mature and more experienced. Also he is RW or striker, while Griezmann is LW, postition where both Hazard and Willian can play. But sure wouldnt want to be on bench here, no way.

Griezmann is left footed so can def play right wing we have a lot of right footed players we need more left footed players to balance our team

kellzfresh likes this

I can see us bringing in Iturbe before Griezmann or another LW, I don't know why we would be prioritizing these positions over any other position though. Neither player is really needed and will have to compete for a depth spot (unless there are players leaving in the summer I would suspect aka Willian or Schurrle).

I heard that arsenal are interested in him also, he's a striker?

No, he's a left winger/wide player that rotates his position and can appear on the RW or central position but he's by no means an out-and-out ST.

I like him but don't want him. I would prefer a CAM because of Oscar's "problems".

Although signing another AM will take us back to 6 and there will be someone severely underused. It will be good if that spot is occupied by one of the people out on loan atm..

Mufassir08 likes this

We should've just signed him instead of Salah IMO.

Too early to judge Salah imo.After next season we can look if he was worth his money.

Too early to judge Salah imo.After next season we can look if he was worth his money.

I'm not judging Salah's performances here at CFC at all, I've actually defended him in that aspect - however I never wanted him to begin with, hence why I wished we signed someone like Griezmann instead.

I'm not judging Salah's performances here at CFC at all, I've actually defended him in that aspect - however I never wanted him to begin with, hence why I wished we signed someone like Griezmann instead.

To be fair Salah isn´t as bad as some people make him out to be(Not you).I mean he scored 3 times in 2013 (EL+CL) against us and got 18 goals in just 28 Games for Egypt.Looks like the perfect squad player with the potential to be a reliable first team player.

This guy is absolutely fantastic. Seen him a lot and i don't think i've ever seen him have a bad game as you can always expect him to produce something. Pretty quick, technically wonderful and has a great dead ball. I just don't think he'd get many chances to play here though unless he's used as a number 10 or RM. Griezmann as far as i'm aware is a LM and there's no way he'll be playing there for us.