test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spike

Antoine Griezmann

Started by Spike,

1,520 posts in this topic

44 mil pounds. sorry but not needed. a LW/CF is someone we already have. square pegs, round holes.

if it was something like 20mil (as said before), it would have been different. reus is a much better option for a AM, for almost the same amount.

Personally I think he would absolutely thrive in the PL in the right system, but I'm not sure that system is Chelsea's. Would probably score loads for City.

I'm willing to bet that if we sign Griezmann, that (1) it'll take me ages to learn to spell his name (iez and two ns, Alex!) and (2), Cuadrado goes the other way on loan.

The Mak likes this

Fantastic player. I liked him at Sociedad a lot but this season for Atletico he's gone up a level and has been full of goals and assists. He's the type of winger that has pace and an end product. Be an amazing acquisition.

I'd prefer Bale though because of the homegrown thing. Brits are almost completely out of the squad and it's a great shame.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/antoine-griezmann-could-have-joined-chelsea-last-january-mourinho-bought-mohammed-salah-instead-1500739

Wow ...

I knew that there was some sort of interest in him. But I can't imagine that we actually ACTUALLY failed just to pay 30m€.

(While we paid more for Cuadrado )

That's why I hate settling for cheaper alternatives. They are inferior. Please do not do this again.

Blue-in-me-Veins and The Mak like this

Looking more likely that our interest is solid. Would love him here. Definitely an upgrade on Oscar/Cuadrado and may signal a more attacking intent from Jose for the coming season.

stroey likes this

He's been flourishing in that 2 Striker role, so i'm not sure a move to RW is something we our he would want to see happen.

Dont think our interest in him is genuine this time round, he's a fantastic finisher and lethal at the moment. But i dont think he'll truly solve our RW problems.

As long as we bring in one more creator (like Koke) and another finisher like Griezzmann (preferably Reus). We should be set.

Feel bad for Atleti if we buy him.

If we bought both Griezmann & Koke I'd feel bad for them (and over the moon for us) but not if its just Griezmann. They'll simply buy some other striker and he'll become a star just like they always do.

If we bought both Griezmann & Koke I'd feel bad for them (and over the moon for us) but not if its just Griezmann. They'll simply buy some other striker and he'll become a star just like they always do.

We've been rumored to their entire team.

We've been rumored to their entire team.

And I'm sure that if (God forbid) Mourinho's job is in jeopardy we'll be linked with their manager too. :lol:

We really should form some sort of partnership with them. We can send our most promising youngsters on loan there like we did with Courtois, they develop them, and we can then either bring them back or Atleti can buy them.

iseah100 likes this

And I'm sure that if (God forbid) Mourinho's job is in jeopardy we'll be linked with their manager too. :lol:

We really should form some sort of partnership with them. We can send our most promising youngsters on loan there like we did with Courtois, they develop them, and we can then either bring them back or Atleti can buy them.

They are too big a club to do that. Too proud as well imagine their people telling Diego Simeone they are going to be a little bitch to a club like us, taking all our young promising players on loan haha. Courtois was different, they wanted to sign him from Genk originally.

Jorge Mendes is pushing through a move to Chelsea, apparently.

Hi friend!

Yes, according to the Spanish digital newspaper "El Confidencial" Griezmann representative, Jorge Mendes, he is trying to bring Griezmann with us for next season.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/2015-05-12/jorge-mendes-mueve-sus-hilos-para-llevar-a-griezmann-al-chelsea-de-mourinho_791483/

"El Confidencial" says:

1. Jorge Mendes is preparing the signing of Chelsea Griezmann.

2. Griezmann clause could be more or less 65 million euros (£ 46.66 million pounds) although it is a confidential clause.

3. Simeone does not consider Griezmann as an untouchable player. in fact Simeone like to have a similar forward as Diego Costa.

4. Real Sociedad, the former team of Griezmann, would have taken the 20% of the money from their clause. Real Sociedad is a small club coached by Moyes and perhaps us we could reach agreements with them to give players on loan.

5. Filipe Luis would form part of the operation.

Regards.

Fernando likes this