Spike

AN ACTUAL PROPER WINGER.

He has spent his entire career in Spain because for some reason those who work at the Clairefotaines in France hate white people or something (ask SeB). I don't know much about him but by the looks of things he actually stays out wide and hugs the touchline. It's like twenty years ago when wingers actually played on the wings. His crossing, pace and dribbling look classy.

He is banned from playing for France because he went to a night club the night before training...

Thoughts?

Antoine-Griezmann-FOTO-PABLO-G_543532241

I like him, too. I have seen him for France U19-U21 teams and I would strongly advise against signing him.

He is surely good but nowhere near Chelsea level and probably never will. That is rather because of his physical than technical abilites.He is good at dribbling and has a decent shot too, but as a winger you should either be good at crossing ala Beckham, Figo or be able to get behind the defender a la Hazard, Walcott. He often takes on the defender, sees that he is not fast enough to take him on, than he tries some skills, which work when the defender is inexperienced but in most cases it does not so he passes it back, get some space adn puts an average cross in. He has some decent skills and also his finishing is good, but in terms of contribution as a winger he is simply neither the level nor the type of player we should look out for.

Obviously there'll be posters saying he's not good enough for Chelsea because... well, I don't know. Maybe because he's not built like Lukaku and starred in as many adverts as Ronaldo, but yes, he's one of the few proper wingers who play a consistent and high quality game these days.

I'd take him. Then probably jizz all over my laptop.

Hes one of Real Sociedad's best players by a mile. He'd be a very good buy I think, he wouldn't cost 20-30 million plus so he'd be good value for money. Hes still young so he has plenty of time to improve as well. I think its fair to say Sociedad will expect to lose his sooner rather than later as well and he'll have plenty of suitors and I'm almost positive Arsenal are one of them after him as there was talk before of Vela staying at Sociedad and Griezmann going to Arsenal. He is more of a proper winger, will beat opponents and swing it in unlike a few players we've been linked with (Ronaldo and Hulk), only problem if you want to call it one, he doesn't score a lot of goals.

Fantastic player, but he plays predominantly down the left and not on the right where we could do with some width. So unless we are moving Hazard there is no place for him. KdB would offer so much more down the right.

Fantastic player, but he plays predominantly down the left and not on the right where we could do with some width. So unless we are moving Hazard there is no place for him. KdB would offer so much more down the right.

how good is the illaremendi guy on your picture??? i have heard good things about him

how good is the illaremendi guy on your picture??? i have heard good things about him

He's an absolute bull. Defensively very good but classy on the ball also. Rarely loses possession and always finds time for himself. Has the potential to be an elite DLP. I can't stress how much better he would be than Benat. Far more complete player.

The problem is if Sociedad make the CL they would have no reason to sell yet. In a way I would like to see them in the CL, but from a selfish point of view I would like to see some of their players here. Illarramendi and the always improving Martinez in particular can certainly make the step up.

He's an absolute bull. Defensively very good but classy on the ball also. Rarely loses possession and always finds time for himself. Has the potential to be an elite DLP. I can't stress how much better he would be than Benat. Far more complete player.

The problem is if Sociedad make the CL they would have no reason to sell yet. In a way I would like to see them in the CL, but from a selfish point of view I would like to see some of their players here. Illarramendi and the always improving Martinez in particular can certainly make the step up.

Didn't Xabi Alonso and his father not praise Illarramendia recently? Read quotes somewhere on twitter that were said to be Alonso and his fathers.

Obviously there'll be posters saying he's not good enough for Chelsea because... well, I don't know. Maybe because he's not built like Lukaku and starred in as many adverts as Ronaldo, but yes, he's one of the few proper wingers who play a consistent and high quality game these days.

I'd take him. Then probably jizz all over my laptop.

He simply is not good enough. He is a one-trick pony, he is far too slow to become a great winger and I do not have a clue what built or commercializability (is this an English word?) have to do with it. I do not demand a big money buy. But another winger should be right-sided and fast, which Antoine Griezman is not.

Didn't Xabi Alonso and his father not praise Illarramendia recently? Read quotes somewhere on twitter that were said to be Alonso and his fathers.

Not sure but it wouldn't surprise me. Madrid have been linked with him as Alonso's future replacement.

i see what you mean. he win on average 3.9 tackles a game compared to benats 2

• 8 months later...

According to the mirror, Arsenal had a bid rejected about 2 weeks ago..

http://soccerlens.com/arsenal-fail-e14m-bid-antoine-griezmann-report/124323/

Interesting tweet by a spanish journo : "Aperribay won’t sell Griezmann for less than his release clause (€30m). Especially after the Illarramendi transfer to Real Madrid"

I'd much rather Salah (11-15 mil) than Griezmann for 30 mil

According to the mirror, Arsenal had a bid rejected about 2 weeks ago..

http://soccerlens.com/arsenal-fail-e14m-bid-antoine-griezmann-report/124323/

Interesting tweet by a spanish journo : "Aperribay won’t sell Griezmann for less than his release clause (€30m). Especially after the Illarramendi transfer to Real Madrid"

I'd much rather Salah (11-15 mil) than Griezmann for 30 mil

he is in great form though. 12 goals in 16 league games

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You