Writing opportunities with Soccer Without Limits!

Morning all,

I've recently been contacted by Thomas Atzenhoffer, the managing director of SWOL-Soccer WithOut Limits. You can check the site out by clicking this link.

The site is a digital publishing platform with the uniform goal of uniting football fans from across the globe into a single news and views network.

Here are some details from the MD himself:

• Currently we are in the middle of investment planning and discussion meetings for SWOL on a weekly basis. The site has been live since June of last year and was in development since the end of March 2012 and conceptually back to the first of the that year.
  • We continue to be building the relationships for the site and with potential investors. During December we were selected to be part of a Miami based start up accelerator program that continues to pay dividends in growth potential. We signed a new web design contract for the site at the end of January to start building a completely new platform that will be stand alone for major growth again from advertising and additionally writing and marketing potential.
  • We have already attracted interviews with former USMNT members Alexi Lalas, Brian McBride and Tony Meola, as well as former Manchester United defender Mikel Silvestre, USWNT legend Brandi Chastain and Fulham's Philippe Senderos.
  • As far as background on the site it is brain child of myself, Adam Davis, who is a Rogon Players Agent based in Miami, and former Arsenal player turned North American scout, Danny Karbassiyoon. We have strong player connections we are working with to grow the site which you can see from the various signed Jersey competitions that we have been doing through the site.
  • The writing team is in a constant state of growth for the time being and there are no current paid positions, but there will be in the coming months. Currently the team as of now consists of a group of 40+ contributors putting out 1-4 articles per week individually as well as a group of 15 college interns that I run in a program called SWOL University that is a soccer specific journalism internship that I am developing to be used as a university or collegiate accredited intern program for students in the future.
  • Assignments are emailed out either Saturday or Sunday afternoon, whichever of the two days I can get the weekly schedules finalized, and is done primarily in a topical manner rather than using strict and specific titles because in most cases we want writers to write about what they are passionate about in the realm of their topic. Specific titles are available if wanted, and also some times are given out if there is a certain audience we have in mind for a story idea.
  • If you are interested in joining the team, please let me know, and we will talk further.

This is an incredible opportunity as TalkChelsea has been personally sounded out by Thomas. In his own words; "I appreciate your willingness to jump on board and work with us on this project and I think it will be a great way of bring not only more Chelsea fans together but interconnecting the US and UK fan bases as well".

If you are interested PLEASE submit your interest in this topic. I have passed on the link of this thread and hopefully Thomas will be able to pop on and answer any questions you may have.

This is a really exciting opportunity that can work for the benefit of both sites!

Alex.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic