test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eviltwinz93

Youth Team Jeremie Boga

Started by Eviltwinz93,

460 posts in this topic
12 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I don't know, he wasn't really impressive at Rennes either. Contrast someone like Pereira who's in the same team as him and still doing relatively well... huge question marks on whether Jeremie can make it at the very top level. 

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Played 27 games in a decent Rennes side last season where an unknown quantity (Dembele) shone in half a season. I honestly have watched very little of him, but he doesn't seem like someone that will ever get a look in.

Fair enough. It is a shame. One of the most talented players I have seen in out youth teams. The ability is there. Maybe it is a confidence thing. He needs to have the belief because he has so much quality to his game when on form. Pace, dribbling, balance, vision and just such an exciting player. I want to see him play for a better team but like the likes of Abraham, he needs to prove he can do it with poorer teams for a better team to take a chance on him.

The Skipper and LAM09 like this

Brilliant performance. Completely bossed the game and his confidence to be so direct in taking players on was so refreshing to see. I just hope this is not a case of deja vu. I remember when he played pre-season for us around 3 seasons ago and went on this solo run where h beat like 5 players against Wolfsberger and scored too and we were so impressed but don't think we saw anything of him during the actual season. Now he is 3 years older and more matured, so hope he can be trusted. These kids from our youth teams don't boss those games for no reason. There are some genuine talents and he is one of them.

DDA likes this

can do himself afew favours by showing up well on tour , slots there to be filled this season again for homegrown u21's hope he or / and musonda step up and grab any chance they get , looking at our squad we will need afew to step up

Chelsea FC news: 'Jeremie Boga is the new Eden Hazard!' Fans laud starlet's display against Arsenal
Read more at https://talksport.com/football/chelsea-fc-news-jeremie-boga-new-eden-hazard-fans-laud-starlets-display-against-arsenal#bx3RPZjJhQlq7pLt.99

Good performance.  The talent is clearly there.

I don't want his performance to be overrated here though.  He did well, but it left a few question marks for me too.  He didn't seem super willing to make runs off the ball and seemed content with playing it safe.  I wouldn't call his performance "direct" as some have.  He didn't really drive with the ball directly at the goal, instead being safe, taking the ball away from defenders.  Once he passed it or lost it, he often stood still.  Part of this may have been he was fatigued (he seemed very tired in the second half especially).  Part of it may just be he preferred to play it safe and not take too many risks.  Part of it may be confidence.  

He has all the talent and physical tools, but I worry about it translating to the first team.  It was a mostly positive performance.  Hopefully he grows in confidence.  

Supermonkey92 likes this

I wouldn't be against giving Boga a real chance in the first team next season. At some stage some of these players need to be given opportunities and the way in which that happens is you have a smaller squad depth which gives 2 or 3 of these players game time throughout the season.

I actually rate Pedro and Willian far higher than most do on this forum. They would walk into any other team in the league except perhaps City. Very experienced, quick, and high work rate which balances the team out well. Hazard is obviously the X factor and the main man. If Boga can be this direct and confident in competitive games, he could be a young, hungry wildcard option and a very good option to bring off the bench in some games where you need something different.

Strong performance. He showed good maturity not to try and dribble every time he had possession. Been a Boga fan since forever so I'm happy for him. Well deserved.

Stats likes this

I will seriously prefer if Boga didn't go on loan next season and instead was integrated into the first team. I've always considered him our biggest talent in the youth team (which is saying a LOT). Hazard, Willian, Pedro and Boga. That's just scary. Please, Antonio make it happen. 

Stats likes this

Can integrate him and use him as 4th option or we can go and buy decent-not-world-class player in Mahrez ilk to completely block the path for our youngster. Those are decisions.

Boga surrounded with quality can be something else. Eden Hazard + Jeremie Boga playing in one side is a dream.

I was just sold a dream. Thanks Ospina.

Stats likes this

Was impressed, but need to see more of him to decide if he's worthy of a squad place or not. Not gonna hype him too much just because he produced some good moves in a meaningless friendly game.

yuvala likes this

Good game, incredibly tricky player with some great footwork. Key is his physical build that's the biggest problem with Musonda is he looks like a 13 year old physically. Would like to see Boga get a spot this year and get some decent run. 

the wes likes this

Looked good, there's no questioning his raw talent. 

Decision making was not that good IMO and he was too selfish at times for my liking.. Although its a friendly pre-season and probably the only minutes he'll get this season so its understandable.

7 hours ago, the wes said:

Hope boga starts against Bayern Munich 

What I liked was the fact he kept of running, it looked really tiring out there and he just seemed to have so much energy.