test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

Playstation 4

Started by Steve,

216 posts in this topic

LOL

I would say that if I was still a happy high school kid living on my parent's budget! :lol:

I am not a high school kid. I am a uni student... And they wouldn't be paying for it. Student finance ftw! :D

I am not a high school kid. I am a uni student... And they wouldn't be paying for it. Student finance ftw! :D

I know that, I was talking about me! :D

In my case, I would have to ask my father to buy it for me because I wont have money. And that I aint doing...

Nobody was expecting any of that to be announced!

Not showing the console was one of the smartest moves I have seen Sony doing. They will have something to talk about on E3 and the rest of the year.

They did say it will release on Holiday 2013 though...

I hope it's 2013 for everyone and not just America. It would be a bit stupid to release it early next year when a month before Christmas is the best time for sales.

I know that, I was talking about me! :D

In my case, I would have to ask my father to buy it for me because I wont have money. And that I aint doing...

Lol fair enough... You never know the ps4 may have time travel :D
Rmpr likes this

Can't wait for the trailer for gta 5 on ps4 assuming they are gonna do that. Be it a bit weird if they didn't considering how long it has been since the last one.

Can't wait for the trailer for gta 5 on ps4 assuming they are gonna do that. Be it a bit weird if they didn't considering how long it has been since the last one.

I think it will, but the PS3 version will probably arrive earlier!

It seems too soon for the PS4 to launch in Spetember....

That DriveClub got me going really! :D

As a parent, not interested in buying it for my son… my husband, more likely!

Is it back compatible for games? That is my big question.

As a parent, not interested in buying it for my son… my husband, more likely!

Is it back compatible for games? That is my big question.

We dont know that, we also dont know if you will be able to play used games...

There are still big questions surronding it, probably answered in June (E3).

EDIT: My dad only likes God of War, lol.

I think it will, but the PS3 version will probably arrive earlier!

It seems too soon for the PS4 to launch in Spetember....

That DriveClub got me going really! :D

2 months to wait after release :cry:

Nobody was expecting any of that to be announced!

Not showing the console was one of the smartest moves I have seen Sony doing. They will have something to talk about on E3 and the rest of the year.

They did say it will release on Holiday 2013 though...

I completely disagree. When you present something to a consumer, you want them to imagine owning it, holding it and visualising it in their living room. Whilst Sony showed some cool stuff, they left newspapers and websites without a single unifying image.

Look at what Apple do - they are the masters at this type of thing and Sony completely ignored their examples.

In fact, thinking back on the whole thing the most impressive thing was an old man's head. Nothing else really amazed me to be honest.

I completely disagree. When you present something to a consumer, you want them to imagine owning it, holding it and visualising it in their living room. Whilst Sony showed some cool stuff, they left newspapers and websites without a single unifying image.

Look at what Apple do - they are the masters at this type of thing and Sony completely ignored their examples.

In fact, thinking back on the whole thing the most impressive thing was an old man's head. Nothing else really amazed me to be honest.

True, but Apple is the leader in their market. Not so much anymore in the phone market, but in the ipod/tablet markets they still dominate, wheras Sony has to compete with XBOX which is a much bigger challenge so they have to counter what they do. If they announce everything now then XBOX does thier thing and people are talking about the xbox. Wheras now people will still be talking about both. I get their logic. Like you i would have loved to see more, but from their point of view it doesn't make sense to show all their cards straight away.

True, but Apple is the leader in their market. Not so much anymore in the phone market, but in the ipod/tablet markets they still dominate, wheras Sony has to compete with XBOX which is a much bigger challenge so they have to counter what they do. If they announce everything now then XBOX does thier thing and people are talking about the xbox. Wheras now people will still be talking about both. I get their logic. Like you i would have loved to see more, but from their point of view it doesn't make sense to show all their cards straight away.

But if Xbox come out tomorrow and show a prototype of what there product will look like and a new exclusive feature they're already a step ahead of them. Sony didn't really blow anyone out of the water. They should've gone in guns blazing and really got people talking, instead people are saying how disappointed they were with the showing.

I imagine the folks at Microsoft are sitting there very smugly right now, whilst planning their next step.

But if Xbox come out tomorrow and show a prototype of what there product will look like and a new exclusive feature they're already a step ahead of them. Sony didn't really blow anyone out of the water. They should've gone in guns blazing and really got people talking, instead people are saying how disappointed they were with the showing.

I imagine the folks at Microsoft are sitting there very smugly right now, whilst planning their next step.

I am not saying it was that spectacular, but its safer to still have stuff to show people and get them talking than to release it too soon, as once it has been done you can't go back. Its also 9 months away from the release. Lots of buzz too early could fade too soon. And when microsoft launches theirs even if it does look spectacular there will be a lot of people wondering about what the ps3 will be like.

They definitely went the safe route, but considering how much money this is worse, you can't really blame them for it.

I am not saying it was that spectacular, but its safer to still have stuff to show people and get them talking than to release it too soon, as once it has been done you can't go back. Its also 9 months away from the release. Lots of buzz too early could fade too soon. And when microsoft launches theirs even if it does look spectacular there will be a lot of people wondering about what the ps3 will be like.

They definitely went the safe route, but considering how much money this is worse, you can't really blame them for it.

But they'll know exactly what they're doing and what's going in it, they could've given off a lot more. Even given hints and got people talking, but they've given people pretty much nothing to go on. It was abysmal.

But they'll know exactly what they're doing and what's going in it, they could've given off a lot more. Even given hints and got people talking, but they've given people pretty much nothing to go on. It was abysmal.

Yeah i agree with that, they could have built it up a lot more. GTA 5 to be released on PS4 would have been good... :D

We Hate Scouse likes this

No, Sony did a press conference in FEBRUARY to instigate people to talk about their upcoming product in NOVEMBER....

They will have plenty of time to show everything, there are at least 2 big press conferences where they will have to talk about PS4 until the time comes. If Sony showed their console and talked about price, Microsoft would have the final word and hype.

If Microsoft does a press conference tomorrow and shows everything and blow people out of the park. They will have the media in their back pocket until what? E3 (June)? TGS (September)? So, they get people going 7 months before release and let it all cool down for when the real launch date comes?

It will be a super slowly and cautions batle between PS4 and Xbox 720. One wont want to show it before the other. Who laughs last, laughs best!

No, Sony did a press conference in FEBRUARY to instigate people to talk about their upcoming product in NOVEMBER....

They will have plenty of time to show everything, there are at least 2 big press conferences where they will have to talk about PS4 until the time comes. If Sony showed their console and talked about price, Microsoft would have the final word and hype.

If Microsoft does a press conference tomorrow and shows everything and blow people out of the park. They will have the media in their back pocket until what? E3 (June)? TGS (September)? So, they get people going 7 months before release and let it all cool down for when the real launch date comes?

It will be a super slowly and cautions batle between PS4 and Xbox 720. One wont want to show it before the other. Who laughs last, laughs best!

Sony didn't come out with enough to capture the mainstream customer. The whole thing really didn't have the impact it should've and there was no single image that the world's media could latch onto.

Drip-feeding nuggets of information won't get as much attention as one big launch would've. Look at Apple or any other phone company who come out with a product, a date and a price.

All Sony have announced is that something we already new was coming out is coming out sometime in the next 10 months. It was a decent press conference but it lacked that oomph.

Sony didn't come out with enough to capture the mainstream customer. The whole thing really didn't have the impact it should've and there was no single image that the world's media could latch onto.

Drip-feeding nuggets of information won't get as much attention as one big launch would've. Look at Apple or any other phone company who come out with a product, a date and a price.

All Sony have announced is that something we already new was coming out is coming out sometime in the next 10 months. It was a decent press conference but it lacked that oomph.

Yes, but that was the intention. All they wanted was people talking about them for 1 month....

The press conference that will show all of this is E3 (the biggest game stage of the world) and I even doubt there will be price!

Imagine if they showed everything we were hoping for, how excited would you be for the next 2-3 press conferences they have left throughout the year? Worse, do you think we would be remebering a February show when Microsoft announces the next Xbox in September or so?

I agree with you and i also get your fustration because I also had my 10min of rage, but I now realise why they did it.