test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OneMoSalah

Marco Reus

Started by OneMoSalah,

2,110 posts in this topic

Reus would never leave. Even though he and Hazard are my current favourite players , there are a few reasons , he would never leave. You have pointed the most out. 1. He is playing for the team he supported since a child.

2. German. German's don't like to leave there home.

3. Dortmund are stable enough to provide him with anything.

4. His friendship with Gotze is immense. If he is to ever leave, it would be if Dortmund sell Gotze and need more money and would like to sell him too, or something like that.

Reus would never leave. Even though he and Hazard are my current favourite players , there are a few reasons , he would never leave. You have pointed the most out. 1. He is playing for the team he supported since a child.

4. His friendship with Gotze is immense. If he is to ever leave, it would be if Dortmund sell Gotze and need more money and would like to sell him too, or something like that.

Appoint Klopp as new coach and buy Gotze and Reus in package along with Hummels and Gundogan. Problem solved

Appoint Klopp as new coach and buy Gotze and Reus in package along with Hummels and Gundogan. Problem solved

That would be some package..........

Honestly living in Austria (almost the same as Germany) - I wouldn't leave either...

Decent people, shit just works, beer is good, food is good, women are hot, no speed limits on autobahn!

Germany just has loads of plus points :)

Oh and ticket prices are reasonable, so that 'real' fans can go and not just the 'prawn sandwich brigade'

Viva La Deutschelanden :)

Iconomicly looking at it -yes . But what I pointed is the football part of him. Hope he stays in Borussia and keeps winning trophies.

So we are going for André Schürrle and not for this guy. Are we mad? This guy can do better, much better.

He is not leaving BVB, but I would go for him in a heart beat...

That's the point, that if he is not leaving this year why we close doors? If we get Andre we are not selling him next year to get Reus.. and that sucks.

Reus + Mata + Hazard

So we are going for André Schürrle and not for this guy. Are we mad? This guy can do better, much better.

Why the hell would Reus leave Dortmund for a team that's worse than Dortmund? Also, the best German players rarely leave the Bundesliga so buying Schürrle is as close as we can get to having one of the star players of this generation of German football.

Why the hell would Reus leave Dortmund for a team that's worse than Dortmund? Also, the best German players rarely leave the Bundesliga so buying Schürrle is as close as we can get to having one of the star players of this generation of German football.

1 - We are not worse than Dortmund, I may remember you that we are the actual Champions League winners. We are having a weird season that would be solved for the next one (Still being able to win Europa League, many many teams would kill to win it).

2 - They do leave Germany, the only stay in Germany if they are signed by the big team in Germany known as Bayern Munich.

3 - Players like Ozil, Kedhira and Holtby left Germany.

4 - Schürrle shouldn't be classified as Star.

5 - I don't mind, I want Reus and I want him NOW!.

He's not going anywhere. By paying about 20m for him Dortmund showed that they have a big picture plan in mind to become a force in Europe again. And tbh, it is quite an interesting project. They've got a winning formula, a great coach, bright prospects and role players who get their jobs done and they're playing in the Bundesliga, a top-3 league in the world.

Personally I don't see any of Dortmund's superstars moving in the next couple of years.

In my defence, I didn't know Götze is a traitor. Scum.

In my defence, I didn't know Götze is a traitor. Scum.

Their offensive trianlge was so good! :rant:

---Lewandowski---

Reus----------Gotze

1 - We are not worse than Dortmund, I may remember you that we are the actual Champions League winners. We are having a weird season that would be solved for the next one (Still being able to win Europa League, many many teams would kill to win it).

2 - They do leave Germany, the only stay in Germany if they are signed by the big team in Germany known as Bayern Munich.

3 - Players like Ozil, Kedhira and Holtby left Germany.

4 - Schürrle shouldn't be classified as Star.

5 - I don't mind, I want Reus and I want him NOW!.

1. We certainly are and it's not even up for debate. Their centre backs are better than ours, their CM's are better than ours, their wingers and playmakers are probably on the same level as ours and their striker is much better than Torres and Ba combined. Cech is better than Weidenfeller and I rate our full-backs higher than theirs but overall they are much better. Also, their managers is one of the best in the business right now.

3. Oh, you can name three players good enough for the national team who have left the Bundesliga in recent years. Looking at how many quality players they got over there, it's fair to say 90% of them stay in Germany.

4. Why shouldn't he be? A regular in their national team and there aren't many better players for his position at the moment in the Bundesliga. Sure, there are a few who are better but they wouldn't be realistic signings while Schürrle is a player we have scouted for years and it's his dream to play for Chelsea.

BOSS, Rmpr, Spike and 1 other like this

1. We certainly are and it's not even up for debate. Their centre backs are better than ours, their CM's are better than ours, their wingers and playmakers are probably on the same level as ours and their striker is much better than Torres and Ba combined. Cech is better than Weidenfeller and I rate our full-backs higher than theirs but overall they are much better. Also, their managers is one of the best in the business right now.

3. Oh, you can name three players good enough for the national team who have left the Bundesliga in recent years. Looking at how many quality players they got over there, it's fair to say 90% of them stay in Germany.

4. Why shouldn't he be? A regular in their national team and there aren't many better players for his position at the moment in the Bundesliga. Sure, there are a few who are better but they wouldn't be realistic signings while Schürrle is a player we have scouted for years and it's his dream to play for Chelsea.

1- If they are so good, we didn't have any chance with bundesliga? Also to be known as a good team you have to win matches and titles, just to remember you they are at semi-finals because that lucky win vs Malaga, so CL is not something to be proud of. Now Are they so good because match VS Real Madrid? I think they are good but can not believe they are that good.

2- How many players does Germany have in Starting XI from Bayern, Borussia or playing in another country, and how many for other German team? Last starting XI (Has been almost the same in the last 5 games) http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/germany/

3- He shouldn't be, as easy as he is not, and if we pay for him £20 M is stupid, there are plenty of players like him or better for less of the half. Jesus Navas if you want an example to look on.

1- If they are so good, we didn't have any chance with bundesliga? Also to be known as a good team you have to win matches and titles, just to remember you they are at semi-finals because that lucky win vs Malaga, so CL is not something to be proud of. Now Are they so good because match VS Real Madrid? I think they are good but can not believe they are that good.

2- How many players does Germany have in Starting XI from Bayern, Borussia or playing in another country, and how many for other German team? Last starting XI (Has been almost the same in the last 5 games) http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/germany/

3- He shouldn't be, as easy as he is not, and if we pay for him £20 M is stupid, there are plenty of players like him or better for less of the half. Jesus Navas if you want an example to look on.

1. To be known as a good team you have to win matches and titles? That's ironic because Dortmund have won more trophies in the last three seasons than Chelsea. Just because Bayern of this season are an even better side and no doubt the best team in the world right now, that doesn't take anything away from Dortmund. Despite Bayern being a top3 team in the world for the past few years, Dortmund still managed to win the two league titles in a row as well as the DFB cup last season and this season they are likely to reach the Champions League final after first winning a group consisting of Real Madrid, Manchester City (need I remind you that's a team against who we stood no chance in the four meetings this season) and finally Ajax who are a decent team too. If that's not a sign of a quality team then I honestly don't know what is.

Compare that to our team in the last two or three years and there is not a single objective football person on the planet who will suggest that Chelsea have been the better of the two.

And I sure as hell don't rate Dortmund just because they won Real Madrid earlier this week, I have been watching quite a lot of their games in the past couple of years and I know what I'm talking about. They are winning more games than us and their play style is maybe the most entertaining in the world, not that the aesthetics of the game really matter but still. What's even more remarkable is when you look at how their team has been built. Players from their own academy and cheap players from other teams turned into superstars. That's what every team should be aiming at and with a capable board and a classy manager we could do that too. Players like De Bruyne, Chalobah etc. are very much capable of being world class but does the Chelsea management give a fuck? No, they are more busy thinking which manager they want to sack next and which player is the latest flavour of the month so they can go bidding £30m for him and ignore the great players we already have.

2. Why does that matter? My point was that the best German players generally stay in the Bundesliga, doesn't matter for which team they play. How many players in the Spanish national team first XI play outside Barca / Real? Of course most players prefer to stay in their home country if the money is still as good as elsewhere and the team they play for is good enough to challenge for European glory. If the choice is between an English top4 club or Bayern Munich, I'm pretty sure 90% of the German players will choose Bayern. Reus will probably go there too within a couple of years, his best mate Götze is already going.

3. Ironically, the player whose name you came up with is a player suffering from chronic homesickness and much like the Germans is a guy who surely prefers staying in his homeland. Even if he has gotten the better of his condition, I'm fairly sure he still won't leave Sevilla, let alone sign for a club outside Spain. And even if he did and the choice was between Schürrle and Navas, I would choose the former 100% of the time. Navas was supposed to be the next big thing a few years back but hasn't really improved. In 2010 he was one of the best wingers in the world imo, but whenever I have watched Sevilla this year or the last, he has been mostly shit. £20m for Schürrle is much but he's a great young player who's versatile enough to play most positions in the final third of the pitch, making him much more important to the squad than a player like Navas, a pure out-and-out winger who only plays on his own flank and whose tricks are pretty easily found out if playing against a proper defense.

Rmpr likes this