Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

I remember at the end of last season when Dortmund won their league and someone suggested we raid them for Gotze, Lewandowski, Kagawa, Hummels etc.

It's quite an ignorant way of looking at things to be honest. Dortmund have built themselves a great team and are a top team which should be respected. Saying we should go for an important player like Reus is the equivalent to saying 'let's take Toni Kroos from Bayern.' It's not going to happen because Bayern are a top team and Kroos is very important to them.

Reus is a great player with a massive future ahead of him. But we're be blind to think Dortmund would even entertain offers.

I think he's off-limits now, but in the future I reckon he could leave.

Apologies to anyone I'm about to offend, but if he's got ambition then he'll probably want to leave the Bundesliga at some point. Yes he's at a top German club and he's big in Germany, but so's David Hasselhoff. If you want to be the best you can be then you still have to prove yourself in the Premier League or La Liga. That will probably change as the Champions League grows ever bigger, but right now I think it's the case.

That's not to say there aren't reasons to stay at Dortmund but there's a reason Guardiola went to Bayern - he knows he can win the title every year for the next three years and then go to United.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's off-limits now, but in the future I reckon he could leave.

Apologies to anyone I'm about to offend, but if he's got ambition then he'll probably want to leave the Bundesliga at some point. Yes he's at a top German club and he's big in Germany, but so's David Hasselhoff. If you want to be the best you can be then you still have to prove yourself in the Premier League or La Liga. That will probably change as the Champions League grows ever bigger, but right now I think it's the case.

That's not to say there aren't reasons to stay at Dortmund but there's a reason Guardiola went to Bayern - he knows he can win the title every year for the next three years and then go to United.

I agree and disagree.

I agree that one day he will move, but I think that's only based on once he wins everything he can with Dortmund. It's then natural he would go on to explore another league. But that's much into the future, what I was referring to was when Dortmund had literally just won the league.. Those comments were hilarious :lol:

Dortmund have made habit of selling at least one start per summer. Sahin & Kagawa have gone (though the former since returned) and this summer it's probably Lewandowski's turn. But Dortmund are still a club with massive potential, it's an incentive for any young player.

I don't agree about your comments about the Bundesliga. Not only is it the fastest rising league around right now, but it's also attracting more viewership than ever. Certainly it's popularity will grow when Guardiola goes to Bayern. Speaking of, their impressive record of 2 consecutive CL finals in as many years is something they can be very proud of. It might not be something Murdoch's empire is giving coverage to now, but it's only a matter of time until it does.

Reus would never leave. Even though he and Hazard are my current favourite players , there are a few reasons , he would never leave. You have pointed the most out. 1. He is playing for the team he supported since a child.

2. German. German's don't like to leave there home.

3. Dortmund are stable enough to provide him with anything.

4. His friendship with Gotze is immense. If he is to ever leave, it would be if Dortmund sell Gotze and need more money and would like to sell him too, or something like that.

Reus would never leave. Even though he and Hazard are my current favourite players , there are a few reasons , he would never leave. You have pointed the most out. 1. He is playing for the team he supported since a child.

4. His friendship with Gotze is immense. If he is to ever leave, it would be if Dortmund sell Gotze and need more money and would like to sell him too, or something like that.

Appoint Klopp as new coach and buy Gotze and Reus in package along with Hummels and Gundogan. Problem solved

Honestly living in Austria (almost the same as Germany) - I wouldn't leave either...

Decent people, shit just works, beer is good, food is good, women are hot, no speed limits on autobahn!

Germany just has loads of plus points :)

Oh and ticket prices are reasonable, so that 'real' fans can go and not just the 'prawn sandwich brigade'

Viva La Deutschelanden :)

• 2 months later...

He is not leaving BVB, but I would go for him in a heart beat...

That's the point, that if he is not leaving this year why we close doors? If we get Andre we are not selling him next year to get Reus.. and that sucks.

Reus + Mata + Hazard

So we are going for André Schürrle and not for this guy. Are we mad? This guy can do better, much better.

Why the hell would Reus leave Dortmund for a team that's worse than Dortmund? Also, the best German players rarely leave the Bundesliga so buying Schürrle is as close as we can get to having one of the star players of this generation of German football.

Why the hell would Reus leave Dortmund for a team that's worse than Dortmund? Also, the best German players rarely leave the Bundesliga so buying Schürrle is as close as we can get to having one of the star players of this generation of German football.

1 - We are not worse than Dortmund, I may remember you that we are the actual Champions League winners. We are having a weird season that would be solved for the next one (Still being able to win Europa League, many many teams would kill to win it).

2 - They do leave Germany, the only stay in Germany if they are signed by the big team in Germany known as Bayern Munich.

3 - Players like Ozil, Kedhira and Holtby left Germany.

4 - Schürrle shouldn't be classified as Star.

5 - I don't mind, I want Reus and I want him NOW!.

He's not going anywhere. By paying about 20m for him Dortmund showed that they have a big picture plan in mind to become a force in Europe again. And tbh, it is quite an interesting project. They've got a winning formula, a great coach, bright prospects and role players who get their jobs done and they're playing in the Bundesliga, a top-3 league in the world.

Personally I don't see any of Dortmund's superstars moving in the next couple of years.

In my defence, I didn't know Götze is a traitor. Scum.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You