test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheva.

2013 African Cup of Nations

Started by Sheva.,

117 posts in this topic
Dont post things you dont know, there are empty stadiums because they (Africans) dont have money to travel and why would South Africans buy tickets to unimportant group stage games?

Sorry Lenny Henry, but they (Africans) aren't a single group of people. They are rich and poor, much like other places around the globe. South Africans especially are becoming increasingly wealthy with a burgeoning middle-class emerging from the shackles of Apartheid and they didn't have a problem packing out the stadiums and supporters' areas in 2010.

WTF? Commentator just said that Gervinho plays for Chelsea. Please NO! :D Scored a winner now, though.

The Arabic commentator said that Germinho scored the winner :doh:

Sorry Lenny Henry, but they (Africans) aren't a single group of people. They are rich and poor, much like other places around the globe. South Africans especially are becoming increasingly wealthy with a burgeoning middle-class emerging from the shackles of Apartheid and they didn't have a problem packing out the stadiums and supporters' areas in 2010.

Excuse me just one little question here.

How many SA are so rich ?

Rmpr likes this

The Arabic commentator said that Germinho scored the winner :doh:

May I suggest to turn off those Arabic commentators ? Stick with the English ones, they should know better ?

LOL, clearly knows nothing about ticket sales in 2010.

Just so you know, FIFA had to give away an average of 20k tickets per group stage game in the WC so the stadiums would look full. One of the biggest issues FIFA had with South Africa was the lack of ticket sales....Imagine this on a simple Ivory Coast vs Togo....

Africans arent a single group of people, but they are not Europeans. Only a very small percentage of the population can afford to travel to SA. Itis not just money, some people can take days off, etc, etc.

May I suggest to turn off those Arabic commentators ? Stick with the English ones, they should know better ?

All I get is Al Jazeera <_<

Lol, clearly know nothing about ticket sales in 2010.

Just so you know, FIFA had to give away an average of 20k tickets per group stage games in the WC so the stadiums would look full. One of the biggest issues FIFA had with South Africa was the lack of ticket sales....

Imagine this on a simple Ivory Coast vs Togo....

Even so, I was told by people on here that this was of great importance to the African people. Are you saying that the organisers haven't taken appropriate steps to fill the stadiums?

Sounds like half-arsed planning if that's the case.

Even so, I was told by people on here that this was of great importance to the African people. Are you saying that the organisers haven't taken appropriate steps to fill the stadiums?

Sounds like half-arsed planning if that's the case.

Stop living in such a buble!

Do you think every country is like England and Germany? If you watch Brazilian games you would think we dont care about football. Full stadiums (in the world) is more of an exception than a rule. Get real...

There are a lot of variables to take into consideration while planning a trip. The great majority of Africans dont have enough stability to program themselves to travel. You must not know anything about Africa's situation to say such stupid things. There is no appropriate steps to fill the stadiums because all the steps possible to make them full are to give average families money and job stability. That is a huge social problem, not something for AFCON.

Did you know it was supposed to be in Libya? South Africa did what it could to prevent the event from being cancelled. People didnt even have time to buy all the tickets. Also, I said SA would be uninterested to go to those games, not that they are in a bad situation. (all the BRICS are in good situation)

Search the TV rating in all the participating countries and compare them to the average ratings...

CHOULO19, didierforever and Sheva. like this

All I get is Al Jazeera <_<

You see, that´s your problem. Don´t tell us there are no other station in Beirut ?

thefirstrow.eu bingo all alive to see.

Stop living in such a buble!

Do you think every country is like England and Germany? If you watch Brazilian games you would think we dont care about football. Full stadiums (in the world) is more of an exception than a rule. Get real...

There are a lot of variables to take into consideration while planning a trip. The great majority of Africans dont have enough stability to program themselves to travel. You must not know anything about Africa's situation to say such stupid things. There is no appropriate steps to fill the stadiums because all the steps possible to make them full are to give average families money and job stability. That is a huge social problem, not something for AFCON.

Did you know it was supposed to be in Libya? South Africa did what it could to prevent the event from being cancelled. People didnt even have time to buy all the tickets. Also, I said SA would be uninterested to go to those games, not that they are in a bad situation. (all the BRICS are in good situation)

Search the TV rating in all the participating countries and compare them to the average ratings...

A Buble? Would that be a Michael Buble?

I'm just being honest based on what I'm seeing on TV - half-empty stadiums. I'm also fairly familiar with the situation in modern African countries which is much more complex than your telethon-view of things.

Do they have different rules for fouls or something? I like the game to be a bit physical, but the fouls that are being given in this Tunisia vs Algeria game is ridiculous.

During the Copa America they were games with empty stadiums, doesn't mean the competition isn't important.

But it was because Argentina hosted it and we all know they are shit! :)

Sheva. likes this

WTF, played better that Tunisia, had the chances, a penalty denied, fuck, football is cruel.

Tbf, Tunisia had a penalty denied as well. But you were the better side.

Tbf, Tunisia had a penalty denied as well. But you were the better side.

Absolutely not, he clearly lost the ball when Mesbah tackled, no tunisian talked with the ref, but Feghouli was fouled slighly, we just lacked luck, we can do it, if we win against Togo.