2013 African Cup of Nations

Sheva.

People were telling me how important this tournament was when I expressed objections to it. It would appear as though Africans might agree with me based on the half-empty stadiums that both Ivory Coast and Nigeria have played in.

Dont post things you dont know, there are empty stadiums because they (Africans) dont have money to travel and why would South Africans buy tickets to unimportant group stage games?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can edit your post, but you can't edit the post I quoted you in :P

Since you are the mod, you are the head honcho here. Who am I to argue ? :getin:

Somehow, the game seems to be pretty boring. Perhaps, Drog went boozing last night ? He seems to be somewhat slow.

Whoopee, Gervinho scored.

Dont post things you dont know, there are empty stadiums because they (Africans) dont have money to travel and why would South Africans buy tickets to unimportant group stage games?

Sorry Lenny Henry, but they (Africans) aren't a single group of people. They are rich and poor, much like other places around the globe. South Africans especially are becoming increasingly wealthy with a burgeoning middle-class emerging from the shackles of Apartheid and they didn't have a problem packing out the stadiums and supporters' areas in 2010.

Sorry Lenny Henry, but they (Africans) aren't a single group of people. They are rich and poor, much like other places around the globe. South Africans especially are becoming increasingly wealthy with a burgeoning middle-class emerging from the shackles of Apartheid and they didn't have a problem packing out the stadiums and supporters' areas in 2010.

Excuse me just one little question here.

How many SA are so rich ?

LOL, clearly knows nothing about ticket sales in 2010.

Just so you know, FIFA had to give away an average of 20k tickets per group stage game in the WC so the stadiums would look full. One of the biggest issues FIFA had with South Africa was the lack of ticket sales....Imagine this on a simple Ivory Coast vs Togo....

Africans arent a single group of people, but they are not Europeans. Only a very small percentage of the population can afford to travel to SA. Itis not just money, some people can take days off, etc, etc.

Lol, clearly know nothing about ticket sales in 2010.

Just so you know, FIFA had to give away an average of 20k tickets per group stage games in the WC so the stadiums would look full. One of the biggest issues FIFA had with South Africa was the lack of ticket sales....

Imagine this on a simple Ivory Coast vs Togo....

Even so, I was told by people on here that this was of great importance to the African people. Are you saying that the organisers haven't taken appropriate steps to fill the stadiums?

Sounds like half-arsed planning if that's the case.

Even so, I was told by people on here that this was of great importance to the African people. Are you saying that the organisers haven't taken appropriate steps to fill the stadiums?

Sounds like half-arsed planning if that's the case.

Stop living in such a buble!

Do you think every country is like England and Germany? If you watch Brazilian games you would think we dont care about football. Full stadiums (in the world) is more of an exception than a rule. Get real...

There are a lot of variables to take into consideration while planning a trip. The great majority of Africans dont have enough stability to program themselves to travel. You must not know anything about Africa's situation to say such stupid things. There is no appropriate steps to fill the stadiums because all the steps possible to make them full are to give average families money and job stability. That is a huge social problem, not something for AFCON.

Did you know it was supposed to be in Libya? South Africa did what it could to prevent the event from being cancelled. People didnt even have time to buy all the tickets. Also, I said SA would be uninterested to go to those games, not that they are in a bad situation. (all the BRICS are in good situation)

Search the TV rating in all the participating countries and compare them to the average ratings...

Stop living in such a buble!

Do you think every country is like England and Germany? If you watch Brazilian games you would think we dont care about football. Full stadiums (in the world) is more of an exception than a rule. Get real...

There are a lot of variables to take into consideration while planning a trip. The great majority of Africans dont have enough stability to program themselves to travel. You must not know anything about Africa's situation to say such stupid things. There is no appropriate steps to fill the stadiums because all the steps possible to make them full are to give average families money and job stability. That is a huge social problem, not something for AFCON.

Did you know it was supposed to be in Libya? South Africa did what it could to prevent the event from being cancelled. People didnt even have time to buy all the tickets. Also, I said SA would be uninterested to go to those games, not that they are in a bad situation. (all the BRICS are in good situation)

Search the TV rating in all the participating countries and compare them to the average ratings...

A Buble? Would that be a Michael Buble?

I'm just being honest based on what I'm seeing on TV - half-empty stadiums. I'm also fairly familiar with the situation in modern African countries which is much more complex than your telethon-view of things.