test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Fernando Torres

Started by BlueLion.,

16,206 posts in this topic

He had already done a fine job of slowing down the attack. Even as his biggest fan (sorry Tortilla), he really did mess up. Let's hope he does well in the CL games and Chelsea have enough firepower to do without him for the PL ones.

What the FUCK Torres?! You're at half-way line and go in with 2 feet... What was he thinking?? Was he trying to do a "Rooney"? You're a f'king striker, no need to be so Keane on people's asses.. I was so god damn pissed when I saw this. I was thinkin he scored, all looked okay and then a red card.. I was thinking the same against ManU - he scored and then a howler. The boy just has no luck.

Edited by manpe

Positives - two games and and double many goals as last season, not forgetting the Bayer assists.

Negatives - another moment of madness the papers will lap up. SMH. It was all going so well yet again.

Edited by TomCFC

Brendan Rodgers on the Torres red card: "I think it is his intention to show at the moment that he is fighting for everything."

Still love him, still want to give him a kick in the ass.

Just saw him on the post match interview with Neil on ChelseaTV. Looked composed and confident , spoke about being very thankful for the fans always being on his side from the very beginning even when things weren't going to plan .

Also , he walked to the Bridge for the game hah.

Let's put it down to getting all the negatives out of the way before October.

The one, one, positive from the game is it's clear he's back on form. It's been so long since seeing an effective Torres. The concern is if the three games out will disrupt the flow.

Positives - two games and as many goals as last season, not forgetting the Bayer assists.

As many goals? Last season he had 1 goal for us, this season he has already 2 :P

Just saw him on the post match interview with Neil on ChelseaTV. Looked composed and confident , spoke about being very thankful for the fans always being on his side from the very beginning even when things weren't going to plan .

Thought he moved out near Cobham? Must have been a long walk to the Bridge, maybe that's why he was so chippy.

Can you imagine seeing him walking to the game if you're a Chelsea fan? You probably don't believe you're seeing him.

So does he miss only league games? Or does the Carling Cup game count too?

will miss 3 before Carling Cup

Let's put it down to getting all the negatives out of the way before October.

The one, one, positive from the game is it's clear he's back on form. It's been so long since seeing an effective Torres. The concern is if the three games out will disrupt the flow.

two CL in that time so not quite so bad

AVB from the official website:

Having seen the incident unfold just yards away from him, Villas-Boas admitted that 'the sending off looks a good decision by the referee', but would not criticise Torres for his overenthusiastic challenge.

'The challenge is part of the nature of the game and the referee decided like that,' he said. 'It's a pity because the spectacle was promising and it could have gone on to a good afternoon for us and the fans, but in the end that's what the referee decided and we just had to adjust.

'There is nothing to apologise for. I think every player is disappointed with being sent off, Alex was the same, and there will be some disappointment for sure,' he said of his striker.

Didn't see the game was out all day, good result though. Ramires was excellent I hear, and apparently Torres had a hand in one of his goals along with an emphatic finish. Disappointing about the red card, was it legit? Shame he's going to miss the next few games he looks to be in great form. Just waiting for MOTD tonight :whistling: