Fernando Torres

In the next window? So this season is a write off? Because Spurs have a much stronger squad and we are not guaranteed 4th.

Never said that. Depending on what the goals of the club are now (4th & FA Cup) then I believe these are attainable. Even with the squad we have now I have no doubt we can secure 4th and perhaps threaten for 3rd.

Why bollocks? Drogba has played 26 games this season that is one more than Torres. He has more goals and way more assists. And don't give me the he plays in a better team sh*t as an excuse because nobody creates chances for Drogba and today was proof of that.

Nevertheless, Torres is 26 Drogba is 32. Didier will be washed up before Torres either way.

Fernando isn't a cripple, hopefully our acquisition of Bruno Demichelis from the world famous 'Milan lab' will finally pay off.

For once I'm agreeing with TX, The amount of shite thats being talked here is unreal. Torres is no cripple, He didn't have an injury problem at Athletico, and at Liverpool he hasn't had any real long term injuries. The fact of the matter is that Torres, on his day, Is one of the best strikers on this planet. His finishing is unbelievable, Think of the goals against Sunderland, Blackburn on the annverisary of the 96, And one of the best finishes I think i've seen in a big game match in the last few years was the first against United last season and not to mention the goal against us this season. He's a fantastic striker, and TX is right, Comparing Torres to Sheva is a joke. Sheva was old and never played in the Prem, Torres is 26 and has established himself as one of the best strikers in the world playing in the Premiership. We'll give him decent service and he'll score goals, If we sign him, Which i'd happily give upto 50 million for him.

I also think that even if we don't sign him, It sends out a real warning for the summer. Chelsea are big game players in the transfer window once again.

I also think that even if we don't sign him, It sends out a real warning for the summer. Chelsea are big game players in the transfer window once again.

What I don't seem to grasp however, is the fact that this has been said in the past, and we haven't materialised on it. In other words, whenever we have plans to sign top quality players, we either get told to get lost, or... if we're really lucky, we get into negotiations and they just break down. The fact of the matter is (annoying as this may sound) the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool have abaolutely no problems at all.

Im sorry but I am not familiar with what websites are legit and all but I have to say its starting to sound pretty good blue%20scalf.gif

http://www.footylatest.com/dalglish-agrees-to-sell-torres-to-chelsea/19544

The Mail reports that John W Henry and Kenny Dalglish have agreed that they will let the “sulky” Spaniard leave if the price is met, but will ask for Nicolas Anelka to be included as part of the deal. The Mail then goes on to say that Chelsea will tomorrow offer £38m plus Daniel Sturridge, but Liverpool will demand the full £50m in cash or £42m plus Anelka, and Chelsea boss Roman Abramovich is willing to pay whatever it takes to secure the 26 year-old, especially as he will be eligible to play in the knockout stages of the Champions League next month.

I have to ask, if this is true, assuming Abramovich is going to do anything to get Torres and doing neither isnt option would you rather,

1. Pay the £50m in cash or

2. £42m plus Anelka?

Fernando-Torres-007.jpg Many Liverpool supporters already think that if Fernando Torres no longer wishes to play for the club he should be sold. Photograph: Michael Regan/Getty Images Liverpool, having been dismayed by Fernando Torres's public declaration that he would prefer to move on, are likely to do business with Chelsea if an improved bid is received for the striker. With money at their disposal, Chelsea have used the tail-end of the transfer window to launch a classic sting, leaving Liverpool little option but to seriously consider accepting a realistic bid for a player they will now be resigned to losing and whose continued presence in the squad may even become disruptive.

Carlo Ancelotti did not want to answer questions about the pursuit of Torres after their FA Cup clash at Everton. Chelsea are thought to be preparing a second bid for the Spaniard, after Liverpool rejected their offer, believed to be £35m plus Daniel Sturridge. There are some suggestions that a new offer could include Nicolas Anelka as a makeweight.

Liverpool have turned down Torres's request but may have given Chelsea enough encouragement to move again for the 26-year-old before Monday evening's 11pm transfer deadline. Ancelotti was tight-lipped. "I don't know, we will have to wait. There is no change," was all the Italian would say when asked about the matter.

The travelling supporters at Goodison amused themselves on Merseyside by chanting Torres's name and asking the (absent) player to give them a wave.

While the transfer request that Torres submitted on Friday has officially been rejected, there seems little point forcing a disaffected player to stay when the likelihood is that he would depart in the summer anyway. He is believed to have a release clause in his contract, enabling him to move for £50m if Liverpool fail to qualify for the Champions League. They are highly unlikely to do so.

Liverpool have accused Chelsea of unsettling or tapping up their player, and the London club do appear to have acted in the confident knowledge that Torres would respond to their interest. By delaying their bid until the last few days of the transfer window Chelsea have forced Liverpool to choose between two unacceptable alternatives. Either sell now, when the price is high and there may still be time to acquire a replacement, or keep Torres to the letter of his contract and risk the player underperforming for the rest of the season and incurring the resentment of supporters.

Liverpool's initial response to the Chelsea bid was predictable but Torres's request caught the club slightly by surprise, and there is little time left for talking Torres round or pursuing alternative strategies. A deal will probably go through tomorrow if a price can be agreed that does not involve Liverpool losing too much face.

The £35m-plus-a-player deal would not represent a bad return on a player whom Liverpool bought for £23m in 2007. Many Liverpool supporters are already of the opinion that if Torres no longer wishes to play for the club he should be sold on as soon as possible, and directors are likely to feel the same they have an obligation to hold out for the highest price.

Liverpool's increased bid to sign Luis Suárez from Ajax for £22m on Friday is likely to be the first stage of preparing for life without Torres. If Liverpool do sell, Torres's first game for Chelsea could be against Liverpool next weekend.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/30/fernando-torres-chelsea