Fernando Torres

Yes that's true, but like Henrique said.. At least we've tried. And that shows positive signs for June :)

Yeah, I know, but it makes me pretty sad that Chelsea stays with the same squad that started the season. It's pretty visible that we needed reinforcements and we got to January and not a single hiring. What a letdown.

It's funny hearing people say we don't need another superstar. And instead should have signed an average player like Pienaar, so we can be a mid-table club with Kalou top goal scorer. :rolleyes:

in 2 months time Drogba is 33 years old.

Good point actually..

I agree with you on that. But the intention for that is still there, the example I'll use isn't the best in the world but, us going after Pienaar demonstrated how the board understands the mistakes they've made. They're now dedicated to adding more players and depth. Luiz, Torres and Pienaar bids all show we're looking to strengthen our squad in areas we feel we're weak.

The United board didn't not get to where they are now without making mistakes. Our board has made a lot of mistakes this season, now we must trust they will learn from these mistakes and make the necessary changes in the summer.

Two days before the transfer window closes - 2 players have left and none have come through. Ok Bertrand is back at the club but he won't play any serious football and will get last 10 minutes of one or two games. Sala was on the bench today, player who will never come on just there to fill up the numbers. Are you not panicking at the state we're in?

We've signed no one. 28 days to find players and they're bidding for Torres in the 11th hour.

- 1 superstar

+ 1 (26 year old) superstar = 1 Superstar.

in 2 months time Torres is 27 years old.

Just saying..

Need to be consistent with numbers, either DD is 32 and Torres is 26 or DD is 33 and Torres 27

Two days before the transfer window closes - 2 players have left and none have come through. Ok Bertrand is back at the club but he won't play any serious football and will get last 10 minutes of one or two games. Sala was on the bench today, player who will never come on just there to fill up the numbers. Are you not panicking at the state we're in?

We've signed no one. 28 days to find players and they're bidding for Torres in the 11th hour.

But you have to remember, it's January. The whole Luiz fiasco just shows how badly clubs are reluctant to sell because there's hardly anyone to buy in order to replace them. With Pienaar Everton had no choice, his contract was expiring and so it looked a worthy transfer for us (not that I'm relieved it didn't go through).

I'm not panicking because we've already seen the cost of this thing squad at it's worst. Our improvement within the squad we have is clear to see, we are putting in more effort now. The next 3 months won't be easy for us to witness, or it may be a brilliant few. All I know is, I'm optimistic for the summer window, and until then I can only hope the players we have now, put in maximum effort and stay fit.

Sala was on the bench today, player who will never come on just there to fill up the numbers. Are you not panicking at the state we're in?

Funny world, could have sworn the same was true for Kakuta...

Our squad depth didn't change in the slightest. Now if it was good enough to begin with is another painful story.

It's funny hearing people say we don't need another superstar. And instead should have signed an average player like Pienaar, so we can be a mid-table club with Kalou top goal scorer. :rolleyes:

- 1 superstar

+ 1 (26 year old) superstar = 1 Superstar.

Drogba at 32 years old is fitter than Torres will ever be. Torres at 32 will be washed up even worse than Sheva.

The truth is you're going to hear/read this sentence a lot "if only Torres was fit/available we would have won that game".

Pienaar is far from average but you obviously don't watch enough football to know that. :whistling:

Drogba at 32 years old will be fitter than Torres will ever be. Torres at 32 will be washed up even worse than Sheva.

Bollocks.

Pienaar is far from average but you obviously don't watch enough football to know that. :whistling:

Granted I'm not an Everton season ticket holder like you. But the games I have seen, and the overall impression from the pundits I trust, is that he isn't Champions league winning quality. He's a squad player like Benayoun.

Funny world, could have sworn the same was true for Kakuta...

Our squad depth didn't change in the slightest. Now if it was good enough to begin with is another painful story.

True but the players on the bench are becoming weaker and weaker. Kakuta may have been completely out of his depth in the squad but he is infinitely more useable than Sala is.

Bollocks.

Granted I'm not an Everton season ticket holder like you. But the games I have seen, and the overall impression from the pundits I trust, is that he isn't Champions league winning quality. He's a squad player like Benayoun.

Why bollocks? Drogba has played 26 games this season that is one more than Torres. He has more goals and way more assists. And don't give me the he plays in a better team sh*t as an excuse because nobody creates chances for Drogba and today was proof of that.

But that point is somewhat irrelevant now. The club obviously realise that's a problem and will hopefully fix that in the next window.

In the next window? So this season is a write off? Because Spurs have a much stronger squad and we are not guaranteed 4th.

True but the players on the bench are becoming weaker and weaker. Kakuta may have been completely out of his depth in the squad but he is infinitely more useable than Sala is.

The quality difference between them is of little importance when they never actually play. Also some would say Bertrand is infinitely more useable than Patrick Van Aanholt due to his experience. Not to mention that Benayoun coming back from injury would have taken Kakuta's place on the bench.