test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Fernando Torres

Started by BlueLion.,

16,203 posts in this topic

Sometimes I suspect some of these Torres apologist are actually on the Spaniards payroll. The pathetic excuses has been that overwhelming.

I must ask for a raise...

Or maybe it's because we've seen him at this best and know what he can do? And hope that he can return to it?

DJ Nevin, Ezio and SinineUltra like this

Dzeko realised that the EPL is no fun and games so we whipped some ass by scoring 6 goals in 3 games.

Yeah, that's it. Dzeko woke up one day and said "I'm going to take down names and kick ass" and poof, six goals. Nothing else has happened at City.

nofreakingway and DJ Nevin like this

The Torres apologists can continue making excuses the same old excuses for him. we have been on this issue for 6 months and quite frankly I'm bored of the discussion. It's a waste of precious time and energy going over the same shit.

It's all up to him now. He needs to wake up. Poor, poor display against Norwich. Hope that Stoke performance wasn't just a one-off. He needs to score against Sunderland. If he doesn't then we should drop him against Man Utd.

It's all up to him now. He needs to wake up. Poor, poor display against Norwich. Hope that Stoke performance wasn't just a one-off. He needs to score against Sunderland. If he doesn't then we should drop him against Man Utd.

Drop him for who?

Drogba probably won't be fit for then and you can't expect Lukaku or Sturridge to lead the line against Man United.

While we're at it can we also drop Frank because he's been just as bad or worse.

SinineUltra and Madmax like this

Drop him for who? Drogba probably won't be fit for then and you can't expect Lukaku or Sturridge to lead the line against Man United.

If he's as poor as he was against Norwich then is there any point to playing him? You remember how dire he was at Old Trafford in the CL away leg last season? I'd rather play Sturridge.

If he doesn't have at least 6-8 goals (in all competitions) at the end of October, I'll be ready to give up. By then we should have a creative midfielder, and if that doesn't work, then fine. Sell him in January or next summer. But I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

I don't care about his goal scoring record (ok maybe a little) but my problem is that some-times he just doesn't try.

He's still got it, like we saw against Stoke and Rangers...just needs to do that more consistently.

Simple we should've never bought Torres. Sturridge should've played, and if not then we should've brought Suarez or Dzeko. Oh only if you could change teh past :(

I disagree. Sturridge can still start even with Torres being in the same line-up. As for Suarez, we now have Mata and Dzeko has been on the same level as Torres until yesterday. I'm sure that Torres will have such a day sooner or later this season. One day he'll explode.

Simple we should've never bought Torres. Sturridge should've played, and if not then we should've brought Suarez or Dzeko. Oh only if you could change teh past :(

Easy to say that now :whistling:

I disagree. Sturridge can still start even with Torres being in the same line-up. As for Suarez, we now have Mata and Dzeko has been on the same level as Torres until yesterday. I'm sure that Torres will have such a day sooner or later this season. One day he'll explode.

You didn't understand me. We had a hungry Sturridge on the bench and Carlo didn't want to try him as a striker. Suarez wuz raping in Holland and Dzeko was banging them also in Germany. What we did? We brought a injury prone player for HUGE money who was underperforming for quite some time already. With that we risked a lot. What if he gets injured? What if he's never the same again? Will he fit into our style of play?

But again, it's easy to say all this now, fact is that forum crashed and many pants were wet after he became our player.

Easy to say that now :whistling:

Damn right you are :P

Oh well, at least El Nino rapes in FM, 41 goals in 45 matches :giggle:

If he has another poor performance against Sunderland, we gotta start someone else at CF against United. The problem with Torres right now isn't that he's not the Fernando Torres from 2 years ago, it's that he doesn't even look like a Premier League level player. God please help Fernando

We had a hungry Sturridge on the bench and Carlo didn't want to try him as a striker. Suarez wuz raping in Holland and Dzeko was banging them also in Germany.

Agree 100% with this just did not understand it at all!

You didn't understand me. We had a hungry Sturridge on the bench and Carlo didn't want to try him as a striker. Suarez wuz raping in Holland and Dzeko was banging them also in Germany. What we did? We brought a injury prone player for HUGE money who was underperforming for quite some time already. With that we risked a lot. What if he gets injured? What if he's never the same again? Will he fit into our style of play?

It's easy (and possibly fair) criticizing the club in hindsight but back when the move happened you could count the sceptical forum users on the fingers of one hand.

DJ Nevin likes this