Fernando Torres

I can't believe some of you people are getting mad because he's getting abused, well if you want to call it abuse anyway...

If it getting on Torres's back i would rather have it. Instead of us having high expectations of him, like we have always done after one good game he has had, like Stoke away last season. It usually back fires on us, yes, yes now we have a new team with creativity at least. But still, Torres doesn't seem the most confident of strikers, it's best that he hasn't got too much pressure on him and let him do his thing. I would much rather us be 'well he still has to prove himself and this doesn't mean anything yet' rather than 'OMG EL NINO IS BACK, WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE'... okay slight exaggeration there I'll admit, but you know what I'm getting at.

Torres quote

"They’ve helped me so much, so so much. And honestly, sometimes I can’t understand why. I’m a foreigner, a foreigner who’s played well at another English club at that. Going by the typical Spanish mentality, the first people who’d have turned against me would’ve been them, the fans. Turns out I wasn’t meeting any of the expectations they had for me whatsoever, but they were there for me, they supported me. This people are different. Sometimes I thought to myself “I’ll just stay here on the bench, be quiet and make no noise, I don’t even want to play”, but then they asked me to play, they wanted me out there. They’ve lifted my spirits so many times, sometimes more than my own teammates did. Whatever I do here from now on, I’ll do it for them. That’s why I want to win another Champions League. I want to win it for the fans."

:yes: :yes: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :yes: :yes: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Torres quote

"They’ve helped me so much, so so much. And honestly, sometimes I can’t understand why. I’m a foreigner, a foreigner who’s played well at another English club at that. Going by the typical Spanish mentality, the first people who’d have turned against me would’ve been them, the fans. Turns out I wasn’t meeting any of the expectations they had for me whatsoever, but they were there for me, they supported me. This people are different. Sometimes I thought to myself “I’ll just stay here on the bench, be quiet and make no noise, I don’t even want to play”, but then they asked me to play, they wanted me out there. They’ve lifted my spirits so many times, sometimes more than my own teammates did. Whatever I do here from now on, I’ll do it for them. That’s why I want to win another Champions League. I want to win it for the fans."

:yes: :yes: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :yes: :yes: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Just for all our sake, Torres needs to start performing on a consistent basis now. While it is nice to hear him to say that, action speaks louder than words!

Torres quote

Nando is a great guy and he is absolutely spot on - us fans have dug him out of some depths this past season for sure!

Nando is a great guy and he is absolutely spot on - us fans have dug him out of some depths this past season for sure!

Too right Alex -you can tell he wants to play for us now

Same guy said he loved the Kop.

Wouldn't trust his purported love for the fans- he, like 99% of all other athletes regardless of sport, is doing it for personal glory.

Cap-you cynic ! -like Drog, Torres is being won over by the Chels faithful

Cap-you cynic ! -like Drog, Torres is being won over by the Chels faithful

But Drogba was rare, he had an affinity with the fans of every club he played for, to the point where one of his first clubs named a new stadium after him.

Torres is Atletico true and true, I doubt he would really care about either Scouse fans or ourselves; compared with his home fans.

But Drogba was rare, he had an affinity with the fans of every club he played for, to the point where one of his first clubs named a new stadium after him.

Torres is Atletico true and true, I doubt he would really care about either Scouse fans or ourselves; compared with his home fans.

Drogbas real faith was with Cote D'Ivoire and Marseille -but he genuinely loved us -it was apparent before and after the final whistle.

Torres true faith obviously lies with his family, and yes Spanish things, but all the signs are there that he genuinely is grateful for the faith we've kept in him.

You can love more than one woman (unless yer missus finds out)