Fernando Torres

Torres has 2 years of PL experience....

Torres has 5 years of PL experience, he first came to England in 2007-08 season. Before that he also had 6 years of experience playing in La Liga which was pretty much the second or third best league in the world at the time.

Torres has 5 years of PL experience, he first came to England in 2007-08 season. Before that he also had 6 years of experience playing in La Liga which was pretty much the second or third best league in the world at the time.

Exactly, and even that don't mean much.

So your argument for Cavani makes no sense when you look at this flop of Torres!

Exactly, and even that don't mean much.

So your argument for Cavani makes no sense when you look at this flop of Torres!

Not really because Torres was one of or the best striker in the PL in his first 3 years at Liverpool and one of the better strikers in La Liga when he played there. Where as Cavani has been noticed as one of the better strikers in Serie A for two years....

Not really because Torres was one of or the best striker in the PL in his first 3 years at Liverpool and one of the better strikers in La Liga when he played there. Where as Cavani has been noticed as one of the better strikers in Serie A for two years....

What you mean not really?

Torres has not done much for Chelsea despite having all that experience.

So those arguments hold no truth to them as shown by what Torres can do at Chelsea...

It doesnt matter about what they have done, if we are we might as well be talking about signing Owen because of his goals for Liverpool way back or even buy Alan Smith and hope he gets his goalscoring records back. Cavani is hot on form right now, that is the difference and I think he would take the premier league by storm. Torres is clearly not the same player as he was at Liverpool anymore

Cavani has had 2 decent seasons behind him, get real.

Bull fucking shit. Someone didn't watch him pre napoli, that's for sure. He was one of the biggest reasons Palermo were battling for Champions League spots (and only missed out by one point).

Torres offered no guarantees

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7881048/Torres-offered-no-guarantees

--------------

Awesome!!!

Sturridge has done better then Torres. And for such a thing he should be ashamed of himself instead of complaining!

Torres is a big flop, sell him and get Cavani!!!

Your Torres hating is getting annoying. You're going on my 'Torres haters' list. I can't wait untill he comes good so I can shame you.

Your Torres hating is getting annoying. You're going on my 'Torres haters' list. I can't wait untill he comes good so I can shame you.

If he doesn't come good can I shame you?

Personally, I think he going to score at least 10 League goals next season, but I'm hoping for 15+.

All this talk of selling Torres and signing Cavani is weird. Cavani has had 2 decent seasons behind him, get real. If we are going to sell Torres and sign a striker it should be one who has had more than 2 decent seasons and has plenty of experience in a top league like PL, La Liga or Bundesliga. (I don't rate Serie A as much now due to the match fixing allegations from 2006 and this year.)

That's not true. Cavani had been a very good striker with Palermo the previous two seasons. You have to remember that Seria A scores are much lower. The best teams are scoring 65-70 goals a season. In England, the top teams are scoring 90 or so. That means that there are many fewer goals in Italy so getting 13-15 goals even as a striker is pretty good. Cavani was 3rd in the Seria A in goals last season, 2nd the year before, 10th the year before, and tied for 7th, four seasons ago. That's 4 straight seasons of being a top-10 scorer in Seria A since he was 21. I very highly doubt Chelsea are going to buy Cavani because Napoli don't want to sell him, but he's a fantastic striker with an excellent record. (And calling his last two years "decent" is patently absurd. He's scored 49 goals over that period, the only player in Seria A to score more has been Di Nitale. He's also been excellent n the UCL, he scored 5 goals in 8 games and not against Genk either, he scored 4 goals in 4 matches against Man City and Chelsea. He hasn't been decent, he's been fabulous.)

That's not true. Cavani had been a very good striker with Palermo the previous two seasons. You have to remember that Seria A scores are much lower. The best teams are scoring 65-70 goals a season. In England, the top teams are scoring 90 or so. That means that there are many fewer goals in Italy so getting 13-15 goals even as a striker is pretty good. Cavani was 3rd in the Seria A in goals last season, 2nd the year before, 10th the year before, and tied for 7th, four seasons ago. That's 4 straight seasons of being a top-10 scorer in Seria A since he was 21. I very highly doubt Chelsea are going to buy Cavani because Napoli don't want to sell him, but he's a fantastic striker with an excellent record. (And calling his last two years "decent" is patently absurd. He's scored 49 goals over that period, the only player in Seria A to score more has been Di Nitale. He's also been excellent n the UCL, he scored 5 goals in 8 games and not against Genk either, he scored 4 goals in 4 matches against Man City and Chelsea. He hasn't been decent, he's been fabulous.)

Great post.

In regards to Cavani.. I can see Roman pushing the panic button in january, if Torres fails to deliver and the CL spot is in jeopardy. It won't be the manager this time, as you don't appoint a coach like Guardiola mid-season.

What would you consider a good season for Torres? I'd say a minimum of 15 league goals will be ideal. Any more than that is great. Similarly any goals he scores in the cups will be a bonus but I think he will be judged in the league. 15 goals is a good contribution and considering his previous year, I'd say it's a good total. It also means we're not over reliant on him and become a one man team like Robin Va--I mean Arsenal.

Cap just hates Torres because he has achieved less than Kalou but receives more love. Cap is a jilted lover.

Not quite.

It comes from this Chelsea 'fan' I know who used to racially abuse Drogba whenever he scuffed a chance and always called for Torres to play. He would then proceed to suck Torres' nuts.

Not quite.

It comes from this Chelsea 'fan' I know who used to racially abuse Drogba whenever he scuffed a chance and always called for Torres to play. He would then proceed to suck Torres' nuts.

You shouldn't dislike Torres because of some racist idiot.