test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Fernando Torres

Started by BlueLion.,

16,193 posts in this topic

LOL.

Had a concussion after colliding with an Italian defender early in the game.

He's alright now, not sure if he will play Sunday though.

Hopefully, the Spanish docs told him he was

Hopefully his memory loss will wipe out that drought and he'll start his Chelsea career on Sunday. :)

...in the stands. Don't think he should play. He can debut at home against West Brom.

Why is the Mirror so hard up on Torres? Seriously, they hardly go a day without writing something negative about him. And it's not just dedicated articles about him either. Even the most minor reference to him is laced with venom. I'm convinced he won't give them the time of day and the Mirror pays him back in spades.

I told you he probably called Lipton a puta and got Lipton's panties in a bunch. I doubt Torres did that but 1) it would be funny to see Lipton's face and 2) at least it would explain the personal hard-on that rag has for him. Otherwise it just seems like a scouse induced vendetta.

No goal, but a MOTM performance. Great play throughout - shame Kalou and Malouda let him down.

See what I said about the positivity of his memory loss? :eyebrows:

I think that MotM award was for effort to be honest, Alex was better :lol:

But definitely saw shades of his old self, but he has to do this consistently. He's made a case for a starting role v. West Brom.. If he keeps playing like he did today, goals will come.

Created for others and himself. Saw a few times when he tried the old one two and never got the two. You could see he was frustrated. The positive today was that he didn't drop his head and kept working hard. Lovely to see Torres play well, he still has it. But he can't score from deep and wide and without help.

Aside from signing creativity, I hope AVB works on things with the team to get the ball to Torres in actual goal scoring positions. My gripe with Carlo was that it seemed like he could see the problem but just left Torres to hang out there and it was a confidence killer. AVB actually left him on for nearly 90 minutes rather than yanking him early. Remember Tottenham? Torres was playing well but no goal, so Carlo pulled him early.

eldo likes this

And why is AVB so relunctant to play Yossi with Nando? I don't get it. It seems like the most obvious combination. Yet it's always Lampard, whom I think plays a game that is totally incompatible with Nando's.