Fernando Torres

Roman guaranteeing stuff?

Like AVB said he had the unconditional backing of the owner?

I believe AVB was blowing out of his ass, he didn't look or sound convincing at all whenever he was asked that. And he was in an extreme situation as a manager, he was always going to get sacked. Players are looked at in a much more lenient way, how else can we explain how the likes of Kalou stayed here so long?

During the summer there is not much Torres can do to fuck up. Euros? Meh, who cares how he does there, it's not Chelsea and won't probably affect our board's mind... He scored twice already anyway, that's probably enough to send Roman spunking. Pre-season? Benayoun and McEachran were one of the best last summer, yet one was sent on loan and the other was left rotting. They are mostly played to assess and improve players' fitness. True quality is assessed in competitive games, and the next competitive games for him will start next season. Whether he performs good or bad in the USA is irrelevant I think.

I am almost certain he will be given one more year at least. I can't see a usually taciturn Torres going around announcing that he was given assurance if it was not really the case. We haven't been strongly linked to any strikers either, most strong rumours are about wingers and now right backs. At this point it shows we have no intention of replacing him and are focusing on improving the service instead.

Big big difference between supporting him and making every excuse under the sun as to why he has failed to have a £50m game for us yet, i wish some could actually tell the fucking difference between the 2.

I support him, doesn't change the fact i don't think he will ever be good enough to lead the line. I supported Bolourouz and Ben Haim despite the fact i knew full well both were utter donkeys.

We really need to work out the line between supporting players and making excuses for them, the clear fact is Torres for 99% of his Chelsea career has made Kalou look like Pele, harsh but true.

Perspective is a luxury refused by the economics of the Torres situation.

Personally, I just hope he gets some sort of consistent form here next season, for our sake, not his. Spain and Torres' Euro exploits don't strike me as being particularly relevant to Chelsea's cause.

Really do wish we sell Torres. The amount of attention he gets from the media and all the fangirls are just extremely annoying. One mistake in a game and the media will be all over it, every single time. Same goes with those fangirls. Score a goal or assist for someone and they'll go "Torres is back", "He is class/quality" and bla bla bla. Even if he makes a mistake, they'll just back him till no end...blindly. It's like we have to pamper Torres and make sure he gets everything he wants because if not, he's gonna start sulking and throw tantrums around to the media.

Agreed. Torres has become a ridiculous distraction. Every single game devolves into an obsessive rehashing of every Torres move. He didn't score, but he made a nice run in the 73rd minute and had Chelsea played a perfect cross in the 32nd minute, he would have scored, and that shows that he's almost in form and so on. The media also knows that Torres as a flop is a popular story so they mention the "50 million pound striker" and his poor form almost every time he touches the ball.

Really do wish we sell Torres. The amount of attention he gets from the media and all the fangirls are just extremely annoying. One mistake in a game and the media will be all over it, every single time. Same goes with those fangirls. Score a goal or assist for someone and they'll go "Torres is back", "He is class/quality" and bla bla bla. Even if he makes a mistake, they'll just back him till no end...blindly. It's like we have to pamper Torres and make sure he gets everything he wants because if not, he's gonna start sulking and throw tantrums around to the media.

Mate i could not agree more with what you have said! This Torres bullshit is getting ridiculous now, every time he plays i see this thread pop up and yes i have too been very judgmental of Nando. One minute you think he is back the next he is damn right frustrating to watch but for the sake of moving on and rebuilding from the success we had in the season just finished i really think selling him would do us a world of favours. I can't see it happening mind but i suppose us fans know best =)

Yeah, we are the winners of the Champions League, I'm sure lots of people are laughing at us. :>

We've been laughed at constantly ever since we signed Torres.

That doesn't change with us being European Champions.

If anything, it makes people laugh more so that they can try and belittle our accomplishment.

We've been laughed at constantly ever since we signed Torres.

That doesn't change with us being European Champions.

If anything, it makes people laugh more so that they can try and belittle our accomplishment.

I still don't think we are the subject of the laughing, rather it's Torres himself.

I'm sure you saw all the shitloads of posts on 9gag (if not, I tell you know), it was all Torres centered, and not about the club being lame to pay for him xy amount of money.

I don't say that we weren't even mocked about it, but that happens to every club, if they make a fail transfer.

I still don't think we are the subject of the laughing, rather it's Torres himself.

I'm sure you saw all the shitloads of posts on 9gag (if not, I tell you know), it was all Torres centered, and not about the club being lame to pay for him xy amount of money.

I don't say that we weren't even mocked about it, but that happens to every club, if they make a fail transfer.

they laughed when we bought Shevchenko but we had the last........oh.......em, nevermind

Del Bosque ha no confidence on Torres. Spain played 120 minutes and Torres was on the bench all the time, and the guy is still our main striker for next season. Thats not good.

Its funny, because Torres scores one goal in 20 matches, and when he scores people would say "Torres silenced the haters".

Del Bosque can be an idiot at times. The decision to use Negredo for the first time in a semi final was farcicle. Everyone could see Torres should have played and he could have scored if he did, due to the space in behind the back four. We should have more belief in Torres.

You guys need to fucking realize that Torres IS going to be our main striker whether you like it or not and I can guarantee you that talking shit about him is not going to lead us anywhere.

Del Bosque ha no confidence on Torres. Spain played 120 minutes and Torres was on the bench all the time, and the guy is still our main striker for next season. Thats not good.

Its funny, because Torres scores one goal in 20 matches, and when he scores people would say "Torres silenced the haters".

Mata must be shit as well then.

That Torres for you.

Scores against some little teams, fills his ego and talks to media like he is all that.

He did the same last time with AVB before he descent into mediocrity again! :lol: