test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Fernando Torres

Started by BlueLion.,

16,205 posts in this topic
The worst thing that has happened to Chelsea FC

I'd say that almost going bankrupt in the 80s was a terrible thing. But Matthew Harding's passing would probably clinch it.

Danelka and Blue Armour like this

He missed a sitter that would put us 1:1 in Wc final from one meter. Says enough that he is shit. Service was there, he didnt score and he never will in important games.

He missed a sitter that would put us 1:1 in Wc final from one meter. Says enough that he is shit. Service was there, he didnt score and he never will in important games.

jumped to the roof of my room when he missed that one !!

we need a lethal striker .... don't care if he stayed or lift ... but don't want him to play that much games ...

Not that I'm his biggest fan or something, but that miss was not following a great service provided by the midfielders. It was a cross from Azpilicueta (I think), which Fernando tried but didn't manage to touch. The ball deflected from a Corinthians defender right back at Torres and he failed to score. In my opinion, that is the only thing Torres should be criticized for, the finish itself, but we can't say that the service was there. Because the service that day was absolutely disastrous.

About today, I gotta be fair and I admit tha I really enjoyed his goal and I think that he is doing clearly better lately.

Thor likes this

Gotta say he looked good today! I'm shell shocked :)

He called for the ball as soon as 'Dave' received it and 'dave' curled a beauty of a cross in and Torres slotted it home!

Also his general passing and link-up play were pretty good, think he also had a 2nd disallowed for offside - didnt catch the highlights so not sure if it was.

Honestly I think Studge going and possibility of new striker coming has really lit something under his arse, he's looking better and better

Please don't take this the wrong way, we now have a Striker as good as say Grant Holt (that level) - I just don't think sadly Torres will ever be as good as Falcao is now, but if he keeps getting better and we keep winning - i will happily eat my words :)

P.s. still want Falcao or Lewandoski or Cavanni :) - for the big games :P

P.p.s Torres hat-trick against the canaries :)

Mufassir08 likes this

He has scored 14 goals in 29 games this season, which is nearly a goal every two games (if i did my maths right, and i suck at maths) doesn't really paint the kind of season he has had so far. Hope he can bring some consistency to his play -- which is what he has really lacked!

Gotta say he looked good today! I'm shell shocked :)

He called for the ball as soon as 'Dave' received it and 'dave' curled a beauty of a cross in and Torres slotted it home!

Also his general passing and link-up play were pretty good, think he also had a 2nd disallowed for offside - didnt catch the highlights so not sure if it was.

Honestly I think Studge going and possibility of new striker coming has really lit something under his arse, he's looking better and better

Please don't take this the wrong way, we now have a Striker as good as say Grant Holt (that level) - I just don't think sadly Torres will ever be as good as Falcao is now, but if he keeps getting better and we keep winning - i will happily eat my words :)

P.s. still want Falcao or Lewandoski or Cavanni :) - for the big games :P

P.p.s Torres hat-trick against the canaries :)

Hey, if he keeps scoring a goal per game, then who cares if he's as good as Falcao? :)

He scored a very good goal that set the tone for the entire game. That's all that matters to me really. Good game for him, but we could use a better striker.

Surprised that Fergie has not come out demanding Cesar Azpilicueta be banned from football, that ball that hit Torres' head could have killed him.

Fantastic :D !