Fernando Torres

Our ideal signing would be Andy Carroll,which just could happen.This boy is going to increase his goal tally season by season and knows himself that he will only stagnate at Newcastle.

There's an Ipswich player too that everybody is talking about too.

While overseas,Auguero or Pato would be good signings.

Eventually we will need replacements for Drogba,Lampard etc but it has to be the right replacements and more importantly the replacements must be sanctioned by a manager that has stability and confidence from the boardroom.

I thought Roman would of learned from this by now.Obviously not!.

Sturridge can not take the lead. and problem lies there. We have a generation gap in our frontline. Having torres in there is the best option . Sadly it is too late

True.We should of signed Torres 5/6 years ago when Athletico Madrid put him up for sale.I think Jose wanted to sign him as well.

I don't see all the hype about Carroll. You men Wickham? He is 18. Same shit as Mitrovic, Prosinek with nly difference that he hes a bit more games under his belt. And i've heard that he has still a lot to learn.

Speaking of Carroll, haven't Spurs made a bid for him?

I don't see all the hype about Carroll. You men Wickham? He is 18. Same shit as Mitrovic, Prosinek with nly difference that he hes a bit more games under his belt. And i've heard that he has still a lot to learn.

Speaking of Carroll, haven't Spurs made a bid for him?

I agree about Wickham, has alot to learn before we can say hes a 'hot prospect'

As for Carroll, decent player, i like him, but yeah apparently Tottenham lining up 26M bid according to Sky Sports

Latest update :

Chelsea prepare £40m Torres bid

Chelsea are preparing to make a third bid for Fernando Torres following the news that Liverpool rejected a transfer request from the Spanish striker on Friday night.

read rest here...

Bidding for Torres four days before the window closes may seem like it is strategically idiotic. But imo it may as well be genious. Given that we actually manage to put enough preassure on Pool to accept our bid, we have probably avoided all competition from rival clubs. No club in Europe, in a position to take Torres away from us, have neither the need, money or time to make an offer for him seem like a reasonable move:

Barcelona - do not need another super striker, unless they sell someone

Real M - Torres will never move to Atletico's fierce rival

City - seems happy with Dzeko in place, and Tevez staying. No way they will go for him in this window.

Man U - Berba enjoying his football, Rooney will always be first choice, and Hernandez on his way up. Also not able to match our economical muscles now, I think.

Inter - buying Torres would mean benching either Milito or Etoo, who have a great partnership. Not going to happen in the middle of the season.

All this may be changed in the summer, and with more time could have changed in this window. Great timing from Chelsea, also considering Pool is buying Suarez. Studge going the other way seems like what would happen, but I hope we give them Anelka. He's got the versatility to partner with Suarez and already knows Cole's entire game. Anelka has been a very loyal mercenary to us, dont get me wrong, but I think this is the best thing Anelka could do for the club. How can Liverpool turn that down?? Plus, we get to keep our young striker. We need to construct the the future at this club, and Kakuta/Sturridge (who definitely did not have this type of development at City) are products of our academy that promises things to potential youth transfer targets (the Neymars, the Coentraos, the Piazons and the Sanchezs).

I do not think this is so unlikely as some people do, but of course it is up to Liverpool. I think Roman will buy as much as he will ever be willing to give for Torres, he as I hauge fan, and if we don't get him now, we will probably not get him in the summer either.

God have mercy please, keep away Torres from this club...

If we buy him, this would be one of the greatest mistake done by this club !

First of all, like @Styles and @Madmax have said, he's the Shevchenko number 2. The lad is finished for the english football. He can't no more deal with the physic part in football. Since he has 18 years old he is over used by his different coachs. The guy has past his best... I don't think he has a lot to offer to us...

Plus this year, he hasn't shown commitment with Liverpool, and it's exactly what we don't need. We already have Drogba, Anelka and Essien for that.

And like Kostas has said, if we offer £40m + for Torres will probably cancel our chance for Luiz, and to a lesser extent will cancel any deals with Neymar/Lukaku. And for Jesus sake, a 'pack' Neymar+Luiz would be 100 times better than Torres...

And finally, £40m, what the fuck ?!! Two years ago I would have said yes ! But right now I wouldn't pay £15m for him...

If the deal happens i would be gutted, and it would symbolize the start of an era of mediocrity....