Fernando Torres

Excited for next year... We are getting players to play vertical and not horizontal... Should suit our #9 perfectly... Just keep the faith and just watch..

Because I'm sure if you had the pressure of when you mad the slightest wrong touch you would be snubbed, you wouldnt play well either.. At loserpool he could mess up and knew he had the COMPLETE backing of the team... He needs that...

Come on Chelsea!!! I'm sensing a treble next year ;)

' It`s contradictory because I feel like I`m at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I`ve felt in a long time, but I`ve had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest disappointment in my life. I thought I would play in this game and I couldn`t imagine not doing so. But in the end I could participate and offer the team something. I`m really happy."

Just shedding some truth to these grossly exaggerated quotes, the media seemed to of all signed a pact promising to neglect it.

Torres will be the main striker next season I'm pretty sure. Lukaku says he's 50/50 on leaving Chelsea for a year, but I hope he impresses in the preseason so he gets a fair amount of games here. Torres/Sturridge/Lukaku should do the job.

Lets give Torres his chance. Realistically he was never going to take Drogba's place as the main man while Didier was still at the club, nobody could have taken Didier's place at Chelsea.

Now with Drogba gone the path is clear for Torres. Give him his chance, he will have the confidence of knowing he is the main man, that he will be the one playing in the big games now. Is it a risk? Yes, but so is spending 30 million+ on another striker who might struggle every bit as much as Torres and thus further demoralize Torres. Lets see how he does, his form did pick up towards the end of the season, with the addition of 1 or 2 more creative players I think he will really hit his stride and if Didier says he is the future then that's good enough for me.

Hoping Torres can have a great year next season. He's been my favorite player overall since 2008 and I want to see him succeed (although it's hard to say that anybody but Drogba was my favorite player this season).

I always had the sensation that they don't have a good relationship off the pitch. But after hearing them both saying that they don't understand why they didn't play together, and watching them celebrate together on Saturday, I may have been totally wrong.

I don't think they ever had a bad relationship. They're just two different characters, with Drogba being more of an extrovert and Torres, less so.

I don't think they ever had a bad relationship. They're just two different characters, with Drogba being more of an extrovert and Torres, less so.

Yeah seeing Torres run up to him after the game made me a bit mad and sad only cause ive been preaching for so long to have them play together and when they do, they get 30 mins at the most and not a good lengthy run in games for a couple of games to really gel...

Still dream about that (R.I.P.) :(

Yeah seeing Torres run up to him after the game made me a bit mad and sad only cause ive been preaching for so long to have them play together and when they do, they get 30 mins at the most and not a good lengthy run in games for a couple of games to really gel...

Still dream about that (R.I.P.) :(

Same here, mate but I guess it was just never meant to be. I still remember the first time they linked up was in Torres's first match in blue colours against Liverpool. It would have also been his first goal if it were not for a timely slide tackle from Carragher. The second which you should remember was Mata's goal against Wigan. Drogba crossing to Torres who volleyed it, only for it to bounce off the crossbar, yet thankfully into Mata's path.

The Euro 2012 will help us decide whether to keep him or not.If he doesn't score there then we can't expect him to score with us next season.Spain have the best midfield in the world and Torres should score at least a few goals to remain in contention to be both the country's and club's number one striker.

The Euro 2012 will help us decide whether to keep him or not.If he doesn't score there then we can't expect him to score with us next season.Spain have the best midfield in the world and Torres should score at least a few goals to remain in contention to be both the country's and club's number one striker.

I kinda agree that the Euros will give us an idea about what's coming next season. But Torres has never been the goalscorer for Spain. His stats are something like a goal every 3-4 games. When the Spanish National team plays, any opposition coach will put 9 men behind the ball all the time. That means no space for runs behind the defense. Also, he's not really comfortable with that tiki-taka play. Del Bosque, just as Aragones, value Fernando because he's tireless at making those runs, even though he knows he wont receive a pass. He creates some space for the others.

However, Spain will struggle to retain the title with Villa and Puyol out. In the World cup only 3 players scored for Spain (Villa, Puyol and Iniesta). Now they'll need Torres or Llorente to put the goalscoring boots...

I kinda agree that the Euros will give us an idea about what's coming next season. But Torres has never been the goalscorer for Spain. His stats are something like a goal every 3-4 games. When the Spanish National team plays, any opposition coach will put 9 men behind the ball all the time. That means no space for runs behind the defense. Also, he's not really comfortable with that tiki-taka play. Del Bosque, just as Aragones, value Fernando because he's tireless at making those runs, even though he knows he wont receive a pass. He creates some space for the others.

However, Spain will struggle to retain the title with Villa and Puyol out. In the World cup only 3 players scored for Spain (Villa, Puyol and Iniesta). Now they'll need Torres or Llorente to put the goalscoring boots...

Well then I hope he puts up a good performance because I am honestly tired of listening to excuses of him not delivering.

Same here, mate but I guess it was just never meant to be. I still remember the first time they linked up was in Torres's first match in blue colours against Liverpool. It would have also been his first goal if it were not for a timely slide tackle from Carragher. The second which you should remember was Mata's goal against Wigan. Drogba crossing to Torres who volleyed it, only for it to bounce off the crossbar, yet thankfully into Mata's path.

the most disspointing part was trying to defend them playing together, and everyone shot them down... they didnt even get a couple game run... you cant expect two totally different people to be on the same page right off the bat... carlo didnt like the idea and neither did AVB.. wish RDM wouldve tried it for a couple of games... i mean hell it worked for naples..............

but oh well, leave well enough alone... we need a dangerous big man for torres to link up with and take some of the pressure off of him (since we dont have a "playmaker"...

either way, im excited for next year and to see what our squad will look like... LOVE playing with Marin in FIFA... should be CRAZY next year if we utilize him...

Marin-Mata-(Hulk/Hazard/DeBruyne)

---------Torres----------

:worship: :woo:

You lot can stop re-writting history Torres and Drogba did play together and you can rewatch our games when Carlo was incharge just to see it for yourself if you don't believe me. Drogba is a nice guy off the field, and that's all that these comments are - Drogba being nice.