Fernando Torres

So we threw a big fuss and messed up a 25m signing yet 40m+ for torrer who is injured half the the time they're happy to pay.Okay he is good and used to the prem etc but spends so much time on the side with random injuries

Really hope Carlo has a say and actully wants him rather then it being a case of Roman saying this is who your having.seemed to happen with sheva and that didnt go well for player or manager

He scored 18 prem goals last season..Only Drogba and Lampard scored more than that for Chelsea.

I think he could come to his best with us..We would have him, Drogba, Nico, maybe also Danny who could play up front..

He's not an injury prone type player. Everyone picks up one somewhere to be fair. The reason he's not been as good, well do I really have to explain? He's a world class player playing with shit and useless players! Except from Gerrard, Reina and maybe Kuyt.

He's not an injury prone type player. Everyone picks up one somewhere to be fair. The reason he's not been as good, well do I really have to explain? He's a world class player playing with shit and useless players! Except from Gerrard, Reina and maybe Kuyt.

Torres was more or less a spectator at the World Cup due to injury

Torres has hardly featured this season due to injury.

And you say he's not injury prone?

Ok,maybe age hasn't helped.But £40m for a player that's lost alot of pace is a big risk,especially at this stage of the season.

The irony is that we do sign Torres and he fails the medical :whistling:

Go figure.

I can't understand Liverpool trying to keep an unhappy player. He plays badly even when he's happy, imagine how he will play when he's angry. They better sell him and take some money while they still can and use that to boy 1 or 2 more players.

K1A8HZ.png

So what? It was his first major injury. Don't care about World Cup but he did miss out lol.

I can see why Chelsea could be interested in Torres.

(a) he's settled in England,albeit a different City

(b)he's proven,knows the premier league like the back of his hand.So need for adjustment or a player whinging like a 5yo that they're 'homesick'.

This has got to be Ancelotti's decision,and judging by Ancelotti's vibes in his press conferences,this doesn't seem the case.

I just don't want us getting mugged off in this transfer.

We need another quality striker.

You are right. We only have Drogba and when he's not playing well we look like a sword with a dull blade. And Torres is a world class proven striker whocould help us more for the rest of this season (if he doesn't get injured) then Lukaku/Neymar who would need to settle first, get used to football etc.

Why? There's Studge on the bench. And as it is we play a one striker system.

In the summer yes, but not now.

we can change it to 4-4-2. 4-3--3 may not work for us anymore or we need some Plan B. Torres is a class act and undoubtedly one of the best striker in the world if not the best. It will be great for us if Drogba and torres play together. However this deal will not go through in my opinion.

we can change it to 4-4-2. 4-3--3 may not work for us anymore or we need some Plan B. Torres is a class act and undoubtedly one of the best striker in the world if not the best. It will be great for us if Drogba and torres play together. However this deal will not go through in my opinion.

Honestly, judging by what's happened this season, I have no hope of Carlo ever changing things beyond his usual Ferreira for Bosingwa/Kalou for Mikel and if worst comes to worst, dropping Drogba to the bench only to bring him on in the second half.

I would rather see more playing time for Sturridge now, with a view to go after Aguero in the summer when it's likely that one or more of Kalou, Anelka and Drogba will be off.

You are right. We only have Drogba and when he's not playing well we look like a sword with a dull blade. And Torres is a world class proven striker whocould help us more for the rest of this season (if he doesn't get injured) then Lukaku/Neymar who would need to settle first, get used to football etc.

Nicely said. Drogba is strugling with his fitness now and i think playing him all the time for the rest of this season could be really bad for him. Not to mention that he is 33, and Nico who is quality but inconsistent is 32.

I'm all for giving Danny a chance, but is he capable of leading the line if Drogba doesn't play well or gets injured or...