test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Fernando Torres

Started by BlueLion.,

16,203 posts in this topic

But when you consider the moment and the circumstances? both would be priceless

True, but still doesn't make him worth the price though. Let's say he scores 15-16 other goals + those 2, then it's a slightly different story ;)

True, but still doesn't make him worth the price though. Let's say he scores 15-16 other goals + those 2, then it's a slightly different story ;)

how many times does it need to be said. . . Torres did not dictate his price, he is a victim of circumstance in that respect. I dont personaly think any player in the world is worth 50 million, especially when most are in economic downfall but football shouldnt be looked at like real life. The guy has not even played 6 months yet and people on here are busting to get tore into him. Lots of players go thru less than impressive spells but the difference is most probably still get the support of their so called fans. I will be 100% behind torres as i dont believe you become a bad player overnight. The guy is gonna get dogs abuse from journos, tv pundits, other supporters and everyone else anytime he doesnt score so lets not be the first to jump on his back before the season has even started and instead just give him the support we should give all our players ( yes even mikel from me ;) )
Madmax, nofreakingway and Tortilla9 like this

I don't know why are we discussing about this...Torres was our best player yesterday...no doubt....why don't you talk about Lampard, Kalou, Benayoun, Drogba, Josh...they all were shit yesterday...

nofreakingway and Tortilla9 like this

how many times does it need to be said. . . Torres did not dictate his price, he is a victim of circumstance in that respect. I dont personaly think any player in the world is worth 50 million, especially when most are in economic downfall but football shouldnt be looked at like real life. The guy has not even played 6 months yet and people on here are busting to get tore into him. Lots of players go thru less than impressive spells but the difference is most probably still get the support of their so called fans. I will be 100% behind torres as i dont believe you become a bad player overnight. The guy is gonna get dogs abuse from journos, tv pundits, other supporters and everyone else anytime he doesnt score so lets not be the first to jump on his back before the season has even started and instead just give him the support we should give all our players ( yes even mikel from me ;) )

Yeah i agree. And i support all our players....

except Kalou biggrin.gif

Kostas and SeB like this

Say Torres scores 2 goals all next season and that is the winner at Anfield that wins us the league and the winner against Man.Utd in Munich for the CL, would those 2 moments alone make him money well spent?

I'd rather twenty goals over a season rather than two in terms of returning the investment, but those goals would be priceless. Roman getting his hands on the Champions League after nine years would be well worth £50m. eyebrows.gif

I'd rather twenty goals over a season rather than two in terms of returning the investment, but those goals would be priceless. Roman getting his hands on the Champions League after nine years would be well worth £50m. eyebrows.gif

I would love if someone lock this topic about Torres...most of the fans on this forum are not appreciate our players (Torres), and for me he was the best yesterday, and he was the only threat...I'm considering to sing out from this forum because of numerous post about Torres this , Torres flop, Torres not worth etc..... Just chill out and wait for the season start..

I would love if someone lock this topic about Torres...most of the fans on this forum are not appreciate our players (Torres), and for me he was the best yesterday, and he was the only threat...I'm considering to sing out from this forum because of numerous post about Torres this , Torres flop, Torres not worth etc..... Just chill out and wait for the season start..

Agree 110%, its like Torres is the only guy on the pitch, its a team thing lets get behind our team.

I've been a supporter of Torres his whole time here at Chelsea, but after the Portsmouth game I took a few digs at him. He's still a Chelsea player and I support him 100%. I really hope he succeeds here.

its not a majority that slate Torres ,,just a vociferous minority ..dont leave ..fight back or just ignore ...Any true fan will be desperate for him to well

Tortilla9 likes this

Many people, when a team is on 'bad-run' or not performing like Barcelona, they tend to look for scapegoats, it has been Benayoun - started before he even touch the fucking ball!, Carlo, Kalou (which is somehwta justify-able to osme extent), and it looks set for Torres. There are fans that firmly believe because we have had success in the past we should have it again and again, despite the real elements of football. The fact that Lampard has become somewhat more cautious and slow-minded in play since his injury, has really done a number on our midfeild that uses Lampard's normally dynamic attacking force as shield as the rest of the midfeild follows.

But without that one element, the midfeild's structure hasn't really clicked since, with normally one person attacking and two defending (one defending and the other standing around looking for the ball in the center). What we need really is a creative person to help spearhead any attack and push Lampard up, or with Lampard playing less games. If we played someone like Benayoun alongside McEarhan in an offensove minded role with Mikel as the defensive anchor, then the support would be better to Torres, imo. As Torres isn't the kind of player who will make his own attacks like Drogba, he can't completely boss the whole of the defence if there isn't at least two people to have him.

Madmax and Tortilla9 like this

why the fuck are people asking for this thread to be locked? You do realise its a thread within the topic of current squad! The only way this is getting locked is if he leaves

"I'm 27. Don't worry I don't forget to score goals... I will score," said the World Cup-winning Spain international.

"It's going to be a big season. My form is ok, it's time to be fit and ready. We're trying to get into the best form. We have got big expectations and I can see the winning mentality we have (at Chelsea)."

Source

I like the confidence.

confidence in words and confidence in reality are two different things... he would hardly ever say "I'm past my best and I don't believe in myself, get over it". I just hope his actions live up to his words during the season, because he's been saying exactly the same thing since he's signed.

He needs to get a hat trick against Stoke or whoever to get a big confidence boost.

Torres is good, but is his mentality, his attitude that stops him.

Last season he could have scored goals, but his attitude made him look like dry lump in the field. If he improves that this season, then he should be better.