test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Fernando Torres

Started by BlueLion.,

16,203 posts in this topic

Hope that goal against Wycombe helps his confidence - nice finish and Anelka was instrumental again. Their keeper (NickiBull1) was very positive on Twitter. Here's two tweets that stood out:

"@TheRealChim thanks think u will have a good season this year. Torres looked sharp but more importantly looked happy ☺ goals r on there way!"

"Oh & I will be having an investment on Mr Torres to be Premier League Top Scorer this season seemed to have that glow back in him #goals"

Torres is a world class player and he needs to show it this season. He really is capable of topping the scoring charts. Having said that, he really needs to start showing a bit more desire before the season starts.

Have that you scouse bastards!

SO.. FUCKING.. HAPPY :D :D

blue%20scalf.gif :champions: :drunk: :cfc:

Love it!!!! :D

I prefer to think of it as us being the club that rescued him

Some of you must be feeling like Tano Pasman! :lol:

tano.png?1310328494

tumblr_loeijnspvu1qfb2ut.gif

Write him off after half a season? doh.gif

Yes!

He has to do good to win my heart and mind!

Sigh doh.gif

289exbb.jpg

Some of you must be feeling like Tano Pasman! :lol:

Nah not really, I stand by that excitement :)

Nah not really, I stand by that excitement :)

As do I. This is the start of something special, trust me! The last time I was this sure of something we won the fucking Double!

TomCFC likes this

Torres signing was the best part of last season and I'm still excited he's a Chelsea player. Let's wait and see what AVB will coax out of him. eyebrows.gif

Write him off after half a season? doh.gif

Not even half a season. Half a season is 5 months.

February to May, that's 3 months considering the games he didn't start in and the ones he came in as a sub. That red shit on the collar haunted him last season. It's gone now. :D

He played well in the Everton game and he did well in the half of the Portsmouth game.

He isn't the type of striker that wants to be building attacks 24/7 but to be the one who is finishing them! We haven't got the backing to support him yet, and because Drogba is the type of player that likes to build attacks and battle players 110%, that is why he seems so much 'better' as a striker. Play Benayoun and Torres on the same team, and maybe a couple of decent wingers and then you will get the Torres that is shaping up. I am 110% behind Torres, and always will be, like i am with every Chelsea player. Even though there is some i feel would benefit the side more if they left or play a less vital role in the squad in the up-coming season, but i will support them.

It is all about the players that come into to Chelsea and the cream of the crope that AVB is planning on using! blue%20scalf.gif

I am 110% behind Torres, and always will be, like i am with every Chelsea player. Even though there is some i feel would benefit the side more if they left or play a less vital role in the squad in the up-coming season, but i will support them.

Classy post.

Like AVB said today, let's not get obsessed with this. (I wouldn't mind a goal on Sunday from #9).

"I wouldn't want to turn it into an obsession like people are trying to," Villas-Boas said. "My obsession is to win trophies with this team and take them to success. Rather than individually, I'd prefer to address it as a 'forward sector' and focus on people gaining confidence to find the back of the net. That comes with training, patience and tolerance, which it looks like he isn't getting at this moment. But we, at Chelsea, are ready to give our forwards this kind of patience.

"I disagree [that Torres is lacking in confidence]. Every time a player doesn't score, people ask questions about him. I know he is a £50m striker but people's focus is purely on the individual and not the performance of the team. You know the importance the collective has for me. I'm not going to lose time over this. Things will happen naturally."

Say Torres scores 2 goals all next season and that is the winner at Anfield that wins us the league and the winner against Man.Utd in Munich for the CL, would those 2 moments alone make him money well spent?

Say Torres scores 2 goals all next season and that is the winner at Anfield that wins us the league and the winner against Man.Utd in Munich for the CL, would those 2 moments alone make him money well spent?

Aren't you being a little optimistic that the team will be in those positions?

As punishment for today's game, AVB has turned Nando into a hobbit with a lollipop head. Wonder what will happen to Kalou, Lampard and others?

No imo. that will be what 3 goals in over 40 games? hahah

No imo. that will be what 3 goals in over 40 games? hahah

But when you consider the moment and the circumstances? both would be priceless