Fernando Torres

Has he actually come out and said he wants to leave though? I still can't believe it until I see it myself. Especially all the stuff in the past about being 'fully committed' and 'never want to play for another English club' etc etc. I just can't see it. Especially when them lovely friendly scouse mobsters start up just like they persuaded Gerrard to stay.

"As someone else just said, he left Athletico –his Athletico – and came here because we were getting in the CL final every other year" from RAWK

:D :D :D :D :D I'm dying.

Yes. And now they're in a mickey mouse Europa league playing in front of 25k. I'm sure he didn't sign up for that when he joined.

Has he actually come out and said he wants to leave though? I still can't believe it until I see it myself. Especially all the stuff in the past about being 'fully committed' and 'never want to play for another English club' etc etc. I just can't see it. Especially when them lovely friendly scouse mobsters start up just like they persuaded Gerrard to stay.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-reject-torres-transfer-request

I find these developments fascinating. I am not enamored with Torres, mainly due to his poor fitness record in the past few seasons. Won't be disappointed if we get him though, so long as it does not affect our squad strengthening in other areas. However, I don't think we will get him, but at least we're unsettling the scousers. B)

From THIS IS ANFIELD

bensmith_Times Ben Smith

FSG were not the new owners Torres was promised. While they have good intentions they don't have the vast wealth of others ...

Can't believe he's thinking like that. What he wanted ? Bill Gates?

I find these developments fascinating. I am not enamored with Torres, mainly due to his poor fitness record in the past few seasons. Won't be disappointed if we get him though, so long as it does not affect our squad strengthening in other areas. However, I don't think we will get him, but at least we're unsettling the scousers. B)

That's precisely my main concern.

Taking a wild guess, I'd say a possible >40m Torres deal instantly cancels any Luiz deal and makes high profile moves for players like Lukaku/Neymar unlikely.

'Just walked in on 14-year-old brother taking down Torres posters from his bedroom wall. It's kids his age you feel sorry for the most.'

Yeah.He'll learn it's a money driven,foreign driven,mercenaries game.Fans don't come into it.

Hoever being a souse fan he'll learn the hard way. Poor little sod. Can't you make him see sense.

If he signs, I can forgive his badge kissing tbh. It was in the heat of the moment 'after a goal'. Sheva kissed our badge after he left his beloved Milan.

True, that reminds me that I hate all badge kissers. At least all except those who have been at a club for over 5 years.