Fernando Torres

Dont want this going off topic but Mancini has not utilized him properly and has essentially killed his confidence. It would have been much better on a team like United for example that uses wingers and would have allowed him to play more.

Mancini benched him after his 4 goal masterpiece against Spurs. Idiot.

Not trying to defend mancini but Dzeko is a target man and a very good one, in fact he will be perfect for our team, but as a coach you have to decide what kind of player that suit your team better in certain game, Balotelli suit the way city play better.

btw Ferguson does not play berbatov(target man) eventhough he was EPL top scorer.

EPL:

Dzeko 13 + 4 = 17

Balotelli 11 + 1 = 12

Suarez 6 + 3 = 9

Torres 2 + 4 = 6

I don't know about you but it's the EPL not games against Genk; Leichester etc that should be used to judge forwards.

Can't dispute that.

Torres has done ok in the UCL tho, how has Suarez done in Europe this season. Ooops!

Drogba qualified us to this stage of the CL being the best player on the field in the match against Napoli and Valencia - yet somehow he doesn't deserve to start. I know that there is only one option for our big games and that is Drogba. Good to see Torres improving his form, it would be nice if he keeps this up so we can make at least half of what we paid when we sell him in the summer.

Lol..yeah...It only takes a couple of games for people to change their minds here..

Agree with that. I'd play him ahead of Drogba in all the games from now on. Except against Barcelona IF we reach the semis and get them. Drogba simply does not deserve to start. Torres as a striker isn't anything special either but a better option than Drogs

I agree that Torres should start regularly, but I don't think that means Drogba should be laid to rest just yet.

El nino still hasn't convinced me that he WON'T go into another goal-scoring drought. Right now, it has only been two games since he has scored so its a non-issue.

Of course, even if he doesn't score and yet still manages to regularly assist people like Kalou or Sturridge, I wouldn't mind.

I agree that Torres should start regularly, but I don't think that means Drogba should be laid to rest just yet.

El nino still hasn't convinced me that he WON'T go into another goal-scoring drought. Right now, it has only been two games since he has scored so its a non-issue.

Of course, even if he doesn't score and yet still manages to regularly assist people like Kalou or Sturridge, I wouldn't mind.

Agree lol I didn't mean that torres is now ready to become a goal scoring machine or something like that. But he provides more to the team than Drogba ATM. I'd only play Drogba against arsenal and Liverpool in the prem, he does well against arsenal and Torres will completely flop against Liverpool. Also if we get barca, Drogs will definitely be fired up and he suits the tactics more for those games anyway.

But his attitude in prem games is utter shit and he also doesn't have energy to play them anymore.

Torres is "doing everything but score".

So he cant be our main striker, as simple as that, just use him as a second striker, because a main striker is supposed to score.

He is a better number 10 than Mata is! :lol:

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - Bertrand

Ramires - McEachran

Willian Torres Sturridge

Cavani

Sanz told Pagine Romaniste: "With Villas-Boas, he was not considered, but the arrival of Di Matteo on the bench has seen him return to have the trust that he deserves."

Sanz added: "He played a great match in the Champions League in Lisbon, assisting the winning goal for Kalou."

"We'll evaluate his future in the coming months,"' Sanz said. "Fernando has another four years on his contract at Chelsea and the situation there has changed for him."

Sanz said: "We know the new American project at Roma and the philosophy of manager Luis Enrique, but if Roma want Fernando, they will have to talk with Chelsea."

"The Italian championship is of a good standard, but there are currently no discussions with Roma or Juventus."

You can't deny his willingness to help the team and I like that ! The thing is I think we all have to realise that the goal scorer in him has gone and he'll probably be on the bench next season especially if Cavani comes in.

He's still shown what an excellent footballer he is but i agree, he should play a bit deeper, he could even do a midfield job. His work rate and assisting is up there with the best of em. We need a clinical striker to finish off chances. Could even play Torres out wide and put Dids up top. I think it would work a treat.

So now things are going well it was André this, André that. I think his agent's made some silly comments, it was andré who gave him those run of games in the beginning of the season and just as it looks like it was paying off the Spaniard gets himself sent off. Now if Drogba's stepping up in that time how's Torres' agent going to believe he's going to play his client? He gave him more chances as a striker than the agent's making out. Such comments should have a fine be brought onto the client by the club.

I completely agree - Andre barely tried any alternatives to Drogba and Torres, and Torres has only himself to blame getting send off and banned for 3 matches effectively making Andre rethink Drogba's use this season. Besides Torres failed not one but two coaches who were not able to get the best out of him, I do realize that our squad is garbage in the last 16 months but still you'd think a World Class forward would create himself a goal at least once in while.

The fact is that apart from really slow center backs Torres isn't able to outrun a defender or accelerate at the needed level to loose his marker and get himself positioned in front of the defender for cross and passes. This is why Sturridge; Kalou; Ramires etc get more chances to score easy goals, if you watch most of their chances its ability to beat out the defender. Torres was the best in business at this a few years ago, but now days similarly lacks the cutting edge to fashion chances for himself like he used to do and because of this his confidence is at a record low so even when he gets a chance which happens maybe once or twice per match he fails at converting it.

I think he would be sold in the summer, because of his massive wages and age - there is not much time for him to turn it around and we have seen similar cases with similar players like Michael Owen for example.

Agree with the posts up there, if Andre didn't give him as many chances as he did, would he even be at the club still? Still Andre's attacking philosophy probably favored FT as well as more chances were being created in the first few months of the season than what where being created the last half a season before when Ancelotti was manager. Torres just failed to capitalize on the chances that were put his way and when he started scoring and playing with confidence he got sent off, for a foolish tackle so it was defos FT's fault rather than AVBs, just now that people see Andre as a flop they prefer to blame him rather than the actual player.