Fernando Torres

If those reports are true, then 3 highlights - we are after a top-class striker, we are willing to spend, we are keeping it in secret, I mean there had been no reports before we made the bid.

But who knows :D

Torres is past his best, blighted by injury. He is nowhere near the Torres of old. We should not be bidding for him. Very let down by the club over this, we should not be making these moves while we are haggling with Benfica over money. We've now gone and shown them our hand, that we've got cash to burn. Not to mention that this kind of deal takes time and structuring, we cant do that in 3 days, so why even bother bidding? That was complete idiotic move. Roman, let me run your transfers, I will do it for less than whoever you're paying now. This is so pathetic.

I dont quite agree with u mate ... He is only 27, adapted to the English game and his best is yet to come .. Yes he is troubled with injuries off late but proper guidance could help him over come it (Messi is a great example) .... Torres has a brilliant one touch and finish that very less in the world have ... Imagine Drogba starting with Torres .... LETHAL!

But having said that i know Liverpool wouldn't sell him specially now with Daglish as their manager ....

My sister text me early this morning to tell me about this...usually I would kill her for waking me up early but not this morning! I love Torres...how exciting is this, I wonder if we will make another bid!!?

"LFC could not turn down a 60m offer for Torres without breaching the terms of his contract"

If this is true, the only good to come of it is our apparent willingness to spend money again. However i cannot see it happening. And again if we to be spending big surely we have learned our lesson on spending £30m on strikers with injury problems? Also would rather see us build with forward thinking rather than sort termism. Neymar, Lukaku, Hazard, Hamsik ect.. is the sort of places we should be putting our money in my opinion.

If this is true, the only good to come of it is our apparent willingness to spend money again. However i cannot see it happening. And again if we to be spending big surely we have learned our lesson on spending £30m on strikers with injury problems? Also would rather see us build with forward thinking rather than sort termism. Neymar, Lukaku, Hazard, Hamsik ect.. is the sort of places we should be putting our money in my opinion.

Superb post mate, totally agree. definately agree with what youve said about Lukaku, Neymar, Hazard, Hamsik.

But, apparently Torres wants Liverpool to keep negotiating with Chelsea and has asked Liverpool to listen to Chelsea's offer.

According to SSN

complete sense Esk ,,pity you arent on the board of directors but then you know your football so might not fit in

First time I actually believe this bid wasn't all smoke . http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/torres-is-not-for-sale

WTF is the club doing waiting till the final 3 days of the transfer window ? Did Roman just get back from his island to the mainland to see the board lazing around and sanction a massive bid ? There's no way this transfer will go through and I'm willing to bet even the suits involved with transfers know it . Probably just flexing some muscle saying we've still got some in the transfer market .

But why ?!! Why we need him mouthclosed.gif

Because he is a very good player. We have been reported with him for so long and it would seem the Roman is still very interested in him. Niko and Didier are both coming to the end of there careers and we need to look for some talent and prefrebly a proven striker in the premier league. That said i do not see why the club would want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on him when there is up and coming stars out there who could be just as good with time.

We will be lucky if we get David Luiz...

Technically, it's all meant to happen. Work Permit is issued, fee has more or less been accepted. All we need now is confirmation from both clubs that the deal is done, and he can have his medical, if he hasn't had one already.

Edited by CJ Revo