test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

European Competition thread

Started by Jason,

4,655 posts in this topic

Mourinho on the Super Cup game...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130823/jose-mourinho-chelsea-interview/

Wahl: On August 30, you face Bayern and Pep Guardiola in the UEFA Super Cup. You've had some legendary battles with Guardiola on the field and verbally. What do you think about when you think about that game and playing against his team?

Mourinho: I don't think anything special, because Super Cup is not a big competition. Super Cup is a consequence of what happened the year before. To be fair, I don't think Guardiola and myself have much to do with what happened last year, because we were not there. But of course now we are in charge. For me, I am building a young team. I think it's a big occasion for the boys, to work for a big match before we start Champions League. A good occasion to feel it and see the reaction of my players playing against probably the best team in the world. In the last year they were for sure. For Guardiola it's different. He has on his hands the best team. So I think he probably faces the Super Cup with a different approach. He has the best team. He has to win. I have a young team, and I'm going to use that match to see what we can do in the Champions League.

If we could win this game it would be briliant. We just have to watch a few dodgy guys in the Bayern team, always looking for decisions etc.

Adekunle olushola ‏@konzouno 4m

Manuel Neuer, Frank Ribery and Thiago are all out for Bayern for the Super Cup game against #Chelsea this friday through injuries.

well, if we wont win against them without their best player and 1st choice keeper...will be a bit embarassing.

I just hope that is not classical ,,bunch of best players are out but suddenly they make a surprising return and play the game of the lives" :D

well, if we wont win against them without their best player and 1st choice keeper...will be a bit embarassing.

Our team is made up mostly from young talents that have a bright future ahead of them while their team is the finished article of player in their peak. I'm not saying we can't win, just that it would not be a crisis if we did not.

Don't let Jose fool you. He will be desperate to win the Super Cup so hes got a trophy and a platform to build on this season. He always wants to win trophies. The fact its against Guardiola, he will be going all out to win it. Hes just bigging Bayern up so theres all this pressure and expectation on them and no pressure on us to win it.

Stats and LegenTerry like this

Adekunle olushola @konzouno 4m

Manuel Neuer, Frank Ribery and Thiago are all out for Bayern for the Super Cup game against #Chelsea this friday through injuries.

Erm, don't think Ribery and Neuer are injured at all. Apparently, those usual BS Twitter rumours came because someone used the German Super Cup team news or link and said they aren't available. (they didn't play vs Dortmund then due to injuries)

Just found that Bayern are playing tomorrow (Tuesday) away against Freiburg in the Bundesliga, just 3 days before this Super Cup match.

Thought they would have like 5 days to rest and prepare for this as compared to us just having 3.

No Neuer, Ribery, Thiago and Luiz Gustavo, bayern almost lost a half of their strength squad now. we gonna win this.... :getin:

Oh for crying out loud! :doh:

Neuer and Ribery aren't injured! There wasn't even a mention of it in their match preview vs Freiburg tomorrow - http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/112886/sc-freiburg-vs-fc-bayern-m%C3%BCnchen/preview. Only Thiago is absent for them and Martinez apparently.

so far i ve heard that martinez, thiago, ribery, neuer, and bastian are out. can any1 tell me exactly what the situation is?

Tonight's CL 2nd leg Play-Off tie results:

Austria Wien 2-3 Dinamo Zagreb (Ausria Wien win 4-3 on agg)

Arsenal 2-0 Fenerbahce (Arsenal win 5-0 on agg)

Basel 2-0 Ludogorets Razgrad (Basel win 6-2 on agg)

PAOK Thessaloniki 2-3 Schalke (Schalke win 4-3 on agg)

Legia Warsaw 2-2 Steaua Bucharest (Steaua Bucharest win on away goals rule after 3-3 on agg)

Have updated the results, teams allocation in the pots and some others in the first post.

Final five 2nd play-off ties will be concluded tomorrow and we will then know exactly who is in which pot for the group stage draw.