test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

European Competition thread

Started by Jason,

4,786 posts in this topic

Yes, I wanted Bayern or Leipzig to face us. Bayern is a good draw. They have a lot of defensive problems like us, so it will be pretty even from the defensive point of view. Both defences are shit.
Offensive wise , Lewandowski is a Killer, but he is also not a big game Player. Lets hope he bottles it like he usually does in big games

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Jason said:

And of course Mourinho and Spurs got RB Leipzig! :rant:

Well RB Leipzig are higher than Bayern in the table. And we saw how Spurs did against Bayern..

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

bring those fuckers on!

I am up for whatever happens at this point

it isn't like a team can go deep into the CL without beating top 10 teams in the world anyway

I SO wish CHO had not ripped up his Achilles and went on (he still technically can, just not at current form) to destroy them!

Atomiswave and Johnnyeye like this

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah because if we finished first in the group, the draw would still end up exactly like this and we would play Atalanta.

Riiight. Because thats how things work:rolleyes:

Yeah...but based on how the draw panned out, there was a good chance that we could have drawn Atalanta had we finished 1st instead. Atalanta v Valencia was the third tie drawn. Dortmund could have played either us or Valencia, so that didn't matter. Only the second tie could have changed things because Real Madrid finished 2nd and couldn't face Valencia but could have gotten us. 

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, I wanted Bayern or Leipzig to face us. Bayern is a good draw. They have a lot of defensive problems like us, so it will be pretty even from the defensive point of view. Both defences are shit.
Offensive wise , Lewandowski is a Killer, but he is also not a big game Player. Lets hope he bottles it like he usually does in big games

A huge reason they have defensive issues is that they have 2 top 10 or so in the world CB's out injured (Niklas Süle out for the year and Lucas Hernández (who is also a top 3 in world LB) out with a broken ankle until February) They are using fullbacks (they have the best group in the world there, as Victimpool have zero depth) and even their only true DMF to cover. The one non-injury massive weak spot is at DMF, Javi Martínez is past his prime, and Kimmich is wasted there. They are mad if they do at least make a play for a crunching DMF in January (I am terrified they grab Thomas for only £42m)

Those fullbacks (when all are healthy) are insane

LB David Alaba (2nd best LB in the world (after Robertson), and maybe wants to leave in the summer)

LB Lucas Hernández (3rd best LB in the world, I would probably take him over the number 4, Chilwell (very close, and Chilwell is young (although only 10 months younger, lolol) so can go past him as a LB, but his CB ability deffo tips the scale to Lucas), and also a top 10 CB)

LB Alphonso Davies (their future, a teen who already looks a beast)

RB Kimmich (2nd best RB in the world, can play DMF and CB as well)

RB Benjamin Pavard (top 10 in the world RB, and also a top 25 CB)

holy fuck would I KILL for that group (and they all, except Davies, can play CB too)

Atomiswave likes this

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Big game player or not we must mark the fucker both games, he cant have a sniff. Even at his age he is still deadly.

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

A huge reason they have defensive issues is that they have 2 top 10 or so in the world CB's out injured (Niklas Süle out for the year and Lucas Hernández (who is also a top 3 in world LB) out with a broken ankle until February) They are using fullbacks (they have the best group in the world there, as Victimpool have zero depth) and even their only true DMF to cover. The one non-injury massive weak spot is at DMF, Javi Martínez is past his prime, and Kimmich is wasted there. They are mad if they do at least make a play for a crunching DMF in January (I am terrified they grab Thomas for only £42m)

LB David Alaba (2nd best LB in the world (after Robertson), and maybe wants to leave in the summer)

LB Lucas Hernández (3rd best LB in the world, I would probably take him over the number 4, Chilwell (very close, and Chilwell is young (although only 10 months younger, lolol) so can go past him as a LB, but his CB ability deffo tips the scale to Lucas), and also a top 10 CB)

holy fuck would I KILL for that group (and they all, except Davies, can play CB too)

Bayern are run very very well, they dont go too low in their standard and always plan ahead, proper Club. Loads of expericance at board level too......

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Bayern are run very very well, they dont go too low in their standard and always plan ahead, proper Club. Loads of expericance at board level too......

I think their only truly big big mistake was not going for Nagelsmann as manager

I rate the hell out of him (wanted him here as soon as Conte looked like he was out)

Atomiswave and Johnnyeye like this

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think their only truly big big mistake was not going for Nagelsmann as manager

I rate the hell out of him (wanted him here as soon as Conte looked like he was out)

Yeah probably, but they just might come summer, or maybe Poch or Allegri.

Did I understand you correctly that Süle belongs to top 10 in the World? Or did I get the context wrong ?

Reason for that is that Süle plays horrible for Bayern 2018 and 2019. His only good Season for Bayern was under Jupp 17/18 where he played defensive wise very solid but all ball playing responsibilities belonged to his CB Partners back then.
Süle may be tall, but his Jumping ability are pathetic. He loses way too many headers for a guy his size. I remember Ricardo Carvalho back then who was a small CB at 34 years old playing for Madrid and outjumping everyone. Ricardo had insane Jumping ability.
Every Bayern game Süle makes big mistakes that lead to goals in a average League and even Bayern fans see him as their fourth CB in their hierarchy.
One other point is that he may be fast in a 100 metre Sprint but his "burst of Acceleration " (I hope I have used it right haha) is not really good. His overall speed is Good. His only real Attribute is his strenght but Zouma is also strong and can actually jump high. How can this guy be Top 10 CB in the World. I know the Quality of CBs these days suck but he can't belong to the top 10

12 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Did I understand you correctly that Süle belongs to top 10 in the World? Or did I get the context wrong ?

Reason for that is that Süle plays horrible for Bayern 2018 and 2019. His only good Season for Bayern was under Jupp 17/18 where he played defensive wise very solid but all ball playing responsibilities belonged to his CB Partners back then.
Süle may be tall, but his Jumping ability are pathetic. He loses way too many headers for a guy his size. I remember Ricardo Carvalho back then who was a small CB at 34 years old playing for Madrid and outjumping everyone. Ricardo had insane Jumping ability.
Every Bayern game Süle makes big mistakes that lead to goals in a average League and even Bayern fans see him as their fourth CB in their hierarchy.
One other point is that he may be fast in a 100 metre Sprint but his "burst of Acceleration " (I hope I have used it right haha) is not really good. His overall speed is Good. His only real Attribute is his strenght but Zouma is also strong and can actually jump high. How can this guy be Top 10 CB in the World. I know the Quality of CBs these days suck but he can't belong to the top 10

top ten to top 15ish

yes

there are not that many great CB's out there

I have seen him have some massive games last year and in the season before last when MJ and I were tracking him fairly hard

top ten to top 15ish
yes
there are not that many great CB's out there
I have seen him have some massive games last year and in the season before last when MJ and I were tracking him fairly hard
If Süle is top 10 CB 2019, so is Zouma.
Zouma is at least athletic and he is not fat like Süle. He just like Hazard came back fat from his vacation haha.

Süle maybe a better passer when it comes to passing accuracy, but he is horrible at passing forward. All other arguments I have already stated.
Also I also said that he was solid Defensive wise under Jupp. After that, he was rubbish most of the time. Many Bayern fans wanted him out of the starting eleven. He also never had a good Germany National Team match as far as I have watched him play there. Having that many flaws in a average League like Bundesliga does not justify him being near called Top 10 CB. I would agree that Jupp Heynckes Süle would get Top 10. But most players under Jupp were beasts. Great Manager that Saved Bayerns asses many times

Vesper and NikkiCFC like this

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I would agree that Jupp Heynckes Süle would get Top 10. But most players under Jupp were beasts. Great Manager that Saved Bayerns asses many times

fair enough, I have not watched him much since last season

I decided against him last season anyway

deffo not on my wish-list (I am all about Romagnoli, Skriniar, José Giménez, or Konate, not that we will make moves for any of them, lolol, I think our overall ambitions are now much lower than they were in the first 9 or 10 years)

killer1257 likes this

fair enough, I have not watched him much since last season
I decided against him last season anyway
deffo not on my wish-list (I am all about Romagnoli, Skriniar, José Giménez, or Konate, not that we will make moves for any of them, lolol, I think our overall ambitions are now much lower than they were in the first 9 or 10 years)

Konate is injured anyway. All other guys are pretty expensive.
BTW, Romagnoli could not handle the crazy dribbling Skills of my boy Boga haha.
Both Sassuolos and Milans defense were pretty awful. That match could have gone 10:10 but stayed 0:0 lol.

I would go for Söyüncü. Seems quite good and PL proven.

6 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I would go for Söyüncü. Seems quite good and PL proven.

we should just buy Leicester and liquidate the team, lololol

keep

Kasper Schmeichel   

Caglar Söyüncü  

Ben Chilwell    
Ricardo Pereira    

Wilfred Ndidi    
Youri Tielemans    

James Maddison   

Jamie Vardy    

roflmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

killer1257 and Atomiswave like this

19 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Will it?

Yep. We have a quite successful season under Sarri, and people seems forgot that we still haven't spend any penny from Hazard money. It was indeed gloomy and dark upcoming season for Lamps as chance we couldn't registered any new players until Summer 2020. So, yes ban lifted in January will or has changed everything, including our target and expectations.