UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

A lot of people want Benfica (obviously no doubting that they are an easier draw than Madrid or Barca) but how do you guys feel knowing that Benfica would like to draw Chelsea? Honestly, Benfica line-up really well against Chelsea and usually do well against English opposition...be careful what you ask for, just sayin'

There is really no easy draw at this stage. I guess everyone wants Benfica because their players lack the experience of the CL knock-out stages.

A lot of people want Benfica (obviously no doubting that they are an easier draw than Madrid or Barca) but how do you guys feel knowing that Benfica would like to draw Chelsea? Honestly, Benfica line-up really well against Chelsea and usually do well against English opposition...be careful what you ask for, just sayin'

Don't want Benfica, they're a good side with some really talented players (Witsel, Cardozo, Gaitan, Saviola, Rodrigo etc)

If we reach the final, i hope we face Barcelona. But meh, we wil face them in quaters finals.

It's far easier to beat Barcelona over 2 legs than in 1 final. Primarily because you can use one of the legs as an all out defensive effort, similar to what United did in 2008 and what we did in 2009 in Barcelona. If you can come away with a 0-0 you can be a bit more expansive in the return leg; but in a one off game you have to go at them and that makes the task much harder. If we had to face them I'd take the semi finals as the best possible time to face them.

It's far easier to beat Barcelona over 2 legs than in 1 final. Primarily because you can use one of the legs as an all out defensive effort, similar to what United did in 2008 and what we did in 2009 in Barcelona. If you can come away with a 0-0 you can be a bit more expansive in the return leg; but in a one off game you have to go at them and that makes the task much harder. If we had to face them I'd take the semi finals as the best possible time to face them.

Yeah, but for all that happened i would love winning the cup in their faces. blue%20scalf.gif

Fair point.....but dont u tink dat expectin ashley cole to contain messi now is a bit preposterous?

Which one player in the world can contain Messi?

last time around v kept a clean sheet at camp nou.....bosingwa played left back...and let in just one goal at d bridge wen cole playd lb...just don see it happenin agn