test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

European Competition thread

Started by Jason,

4,658 posts in this topic

Gent vs Wolfsburg, FIXED !!!

Nice draw. I hope that our approach will be different this time. Can't wait.

BTW, if we pass 1/8 we can have easy ride to the semis (Gent vs Wolfsburg and Benfica vs Zenit).

Look France is fantastic.

When using the ferry from Dover to Calais, the French had real hamburgers -not nylon- and tomatoes the size of a small melon.
When from Calais to Dover it was back to Spartan existence.

The English tomatoes for instance were a downright regulatory offense.
Don Juan the king of Spain when student in England made the same remarks but in vain. Nothing changed.

We could use the transfer window to improve things.

In any case we just have to have a go.

Mourinho named four players who are underperforminh. Cahill was one of them but rather wrongfully. For the other three age is the factor and Diego Costa was not among the four.

Oh my god. PSG again?! As if playing them 4 times within the last 2 years isn't enough! :doh::rant:

They're 17 points (SEVENTEEN!!!) clear in the league and they can practically just rest players all the way until February. That's without mentioning the fact that they have a winter break coming up while we have to slug it out through the busy Christmas/New Year. <_<

ManchesterMatt likes this

How things change in a short space of time. This stage last season, huge chunk of fans were very happy with the draw and just envisaging Costa embarrassing Luiz. Now, this season, nearly all of us are dreading the tie despite majority of our team still being here while PSG main addition is Di Maria. Maybe the underdog tag may just work in our favour. Who knows...

Fernando likes this

Logically, I can't see us advancing if all their key players are available and in form. Miracles happened in 2012, who knows what 2016 has in store!

God i hate UCL draws, same games all the time. And obviously Barca-Arsenal and Bayern-Juve, 2/3 of the best games, are being played at the same day.

And it always happens.

Forgot about that. Well, that will mean multiple screens or avoid scores and watch a replay. The latter is hard though.

Anyone know why they don't play one game at 18.00 and one at 20.00 (UK time)?

Hopefully we'll be in a beast form when we're playing PSG. This really looks fixed though. PSG again? Barca-Arsenal again? Nah fuck this shit.

Tautvix likes this

Yes, PSG are steamrolling the league, again, good on them, but is that really an advantage?
That means no real test and challenge till our boys are coming, i don't want to have that, honestly speaking.

They can rest some players, but you need to be really up for it in one decisive moment, is that possible when tinkering?
The resumes of Mourinho and Ancelotti in cup competitions don't exist without case.
For me, you need maximum knowledge of your mates, where they will be at which times, that's learning by doing.

Whatever happens, i don't see PSG favorites just because of these stated reasons, sorry.

It's obvious, but we have to improve at defending set pieces, especially headers.
Kompany already bossed us in that department in this season, we have seen it all before, sadly.
Sometimes i think Mourinho overestimates the impact caused by aerial threats, but now we need it, who is gonna bail us out?
Costa is not a beast in the air, Matic is off-limits, are Ivanovic, Cahill and Terry really up for it? Doubt it...
I see one man, Zouma, but that won't be enough, just don't know yet what to do to solve the problem.

Can anyone tell if Papy could do the job? Otherwise we need to buy as soon as possible!
Don't want to see men against boys...

We are in desperate need of leadership. PSG players are bullies, who is gonna stand up for us?
Someone has to give Costa valerian tea, otherwise he will most likely be sent off, they will target him, Luiz and others are just nasty.

We need to pass quickly, they will go after Hazard and Willian, tackle or simply cut them down, disgusting.

More direct play instead of shifting the play from one side to another, no silly turnovers and as a result of devastating counter attacks
with the likes of Lucas, Di Maria, Pastore Cavani and so on orchestrated by maestro Verratti. If than can't be executed, sweep it away.
Keep it tight!
Costa and Hazard are liabilities, imo, don't even want to think about Cesc and Ivanovic. :(

Courtois, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Willian, maybe Oscar, would be up for it today, imo, thank fuck there is still some time left.

Since 2011, Guardiola, Heynckes, Simeone, Klopp, Blanc got the better of Mourinho.
He is still one of the best coaches around, but the special aura of invincibility has been gone for quite some time, imo.

Even if we lose, i still be in his corner, because for me it's not just about winning, but i think for a number of footie fans his reputation is on the line,
Jose Mourinho really needs to pull off a masterclass and continue in this competition.
No one can take away his achievements which were won in the past. Sometimes shit happens, but it can't happen over a number of years.

I'm really pumped by this news, i wanted to play them badly, because i think they are beatable for us, but we need to bring our a-game.

That's what Champions-League is all about, at least for me.

Someone already said it: PSG are the new Liverpool.

Bring your shit!

Greetings.

Yes, PSG are steamrolling the league, again, good on them, but is that really an advantage?

That means no real test and challenge till our boys are coming, i don't want to have that, honestly speaking.

They can rest some players, but you need to be really up for it in one decisive moment, is that possible when tinkering?

The resumes of Mourinho and Ancelotti in cup competitions don't exist without case.

For me, you need maximum knowledge of your mates, where they will be at which times, that's learning by doing.

Whatever happens, i don't see PSG favorites just because of these stated reasons, sorry.

It's obvious, but we have to improve at defending set pieces, especially headers.

Kompany already bossed us in that department in this season, we have seen it all before, sadly.

Sometimes i think Mourinho overestimates the impact caused by aerial threats, but now we need it, who is gonna bail us out?

Costa is not a beast in the air, Matic is off-limits, are Ivanovic, Cahill and Terry really up for it? Doubt it...

I see one man, Zouma, but that won't be enough, just don't know yet what to do to solve the problem.

Can anyone tell if Papy could do the job? Otherwise we need to buy as soon as possible!

Don't want to see men against boys...

We are in desperate need of leadership. PSG players are bullies, who is gonna stand up for us?

Someone has to give Costa valerian tea, otherwise he will most likely be sent off, they will target him, Luiz and others are just nasty.

We need to pass quickly, they will go after Hazard and Willian, tackle or simply cut them down, disgusting.

More direct play instead of shifting the play from one side to another, no silly turnovers and as a result of devastating counter attacks

with the likes of Lucas, Di Maria, Pastore Cavani and so on orchestrated by maestro Verratti. If than can't be executed, sweep it away.

Keep it tight!

Costa and Hazard are liabilities, imo, don't even want to think about Cesc and Ivanovic. :(

Courtois, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Willian, maybe Oscar, would be up for it today, imo, thank fuck there is still some time left.

Since 2011, Guardiola, Heynckes, Simeone, Klopp, Blanc got the better of Mourinho.

He is still one of the best coaches around, but the special aura of invincibility has been gone for quite some time, imo.

Even if we lose, i still be in his corner, because for me it's not just about winning, but i think for a number of footie fans his reputation is on the line,

Jose Mourinho really needs to pull off a masterclass and continue in this competition.

No one can take away his achievements which were won in the past. Sometimes shit happens, but it can't happen over a number of years.

I'm really pumped by this news, i wanted to play them badly, because i think they are beatable for us, but we need to bring our a-game.

That's what Champions-League is all about, at least for me.

Someone already said it: PSG are the new Liverpool.

Bring your shit!

Greetings.

Sorry but this is the same lies English fans tell themselves over and over again and that is simply not true.

Having an easier ride in the League does indeed help big clubs in Europe. That statement of "no real test" to prepare therefore bad performance when it counts hasnt been proven right at all. Just look at how well clubs with easier schedules have done in UCL compared to English sides.

I will repeat it for the hundredth time, the harder the EPL gets, the worse teams will do in the Champions League. Managers have been quite vocal about this in the past couple of years and its true. It isnt because they are cry babies or anything...