test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

European Competition thread

Started by Jason,

4,658 posts in this topic

I wanted Newcastle. Rubin was probably the worst draw we could've got. The last thing we needed with our schedule is a trip across Europe!

I wanted Newcastle. Rubin was probably the worst draw we could've got. The last thing we needed with our schedule is a trip across Europe!

That is specifically why we should absolutely thrash them at home

Well, we can really thank Inter for not progressing. Just imagine us travelling to Russia while Spurs having a week off. It's Basel for them but still, it's a game.

BUT if we progress to the FA Cup SF, we'll be facing Man City that weekend rather than Spurs which obviously means they would have a free week to prepare for that game while we'll be in Russia! :doh:

Oh look. Now Rubin Kazan is requesting the home against us to be played in Kazan, instead of Moscow where they have been playing their EL home games this season.

The venue for our Europa League quarter-final second leg away to Rubin Kazan is expected to be confirmed early next week.

Our opponents have played their knockout games in this season's competition at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, but have requested to UEFA that the game on April 11 takes place at their own Central Stadium in Kazan.

That will be subject to a pitch inspection by UEFA, likely to happen in the early part of next week.

More information will appear here on the official Chelsea website when it becomes available.

We should be strong enough to not lose either game and win this over two legs. The trip to Russia, playing in tough conditions against a decent side will give our new young players some added metal and experience to their game. This season is a learning process I think for our team to become a unit for next year. It's these big European nights which bind players together.

I'm confident we will make the semi finals and then who knows!

BUT if we progress to the FA Cup SF, we'll be facing Man City that weekend rather than Spurs which obviously means they would have a free week to prepare for that game while we'll be in Russia! :doh:

I simply guess there are not positive options in this mad fixture list. To think I was complaining a few months ago I hated pauses and breaks and that I want to see Chelsea every single week... :lol:

Who makes these draws anyway -_- . We are already stuck in our fixtures and now we'd have to make this long trip to Russia . #cut4bieber

Hope we dont get a 'welcome to our Romanian' annoucement at thie home tie.welcome our Czech vistors was a bit of a woops! moment

Tough draw but shall seee

That's where we played the 08 final ain't it. Bet JT really wants to go back there. Still.... we did beat Spartak there didn't we? 2-0, that stunning Zhirkov goal. I think this gives us a better chance anyway, and looking forward to the early KO time.

What kind of a pitch is it there in Moscow? I hope it's not an artificial turf, that would be a tragedy.

So who do you guys want in the semis? I want Benfica because I'd rather face them over two legs.

Hopefully those wonderful benfica fans return to chat shit once again...