test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

European Competition thread

Started by Jason,

4,658 posts in this topic

First leg is massive in this! like most have said, a big win at home would be ideal!

When it first started out, i kind of wasn't too bothered by us winning the europa league, I'd have still liked to, but wasn't bothered. now i find myself wanting us to win it, theres no English teams in the champions league, so we may as well do well in the europa league and get something from europe.

Im excited. shame about the long trip and the fixture congestion, but we should be able to handle it.

iceboy likes this

I didnt like that we will have to travel to Russia, but at least the first leg is at home!

Could have been better, could have been worse...

Well, we can really thank Inter for not progressing. Just imagine us travelling to Russia while Spurs having a week off. It's Basel for them but still, it's a game.

One of the easiest draws we could get. They are the sixth place team in a crappy league. They had one big win at Athletico but a season's worth of mediocrity is more indicative of their ability than one game. An easy win at home (especially without conceding) would allow Chelsea to rest some players on the way leg and maybe not even subject them to the travel.

The Skipper likes this

tottenham have progressed barely in both their last rounds. i wont be suprised if they are knocked out by benfica or lazio. the point is we can deal better with "big games" at the end of the season rather than now. right now we need to concentrate on league, open up a big gap between us and arsenal (which can be quite possible considering we are already 5 points ahead, and i realistically expect us to be 7-8 points ahead by the end of this week). also getting tottenham in this round would be the worst thing. we will have to play southampton, united and tottenham (in that order) in 6 days and every1 can guess that we will end up playing a weak side against southampton and losing points there and play our strongest team against united and spurs.

Well we will play strongest team against any opponent anyway. And dont expect that Rubin wont be a difficult opponent. And the trip to russia...geting spurs would mean shorter travel and well known opponent. Rubin is not.

I realy hope we play Ake, Bertrand, Marin,...because its fucking europa league. But Rafa probably thinks its equal to CL and he wants to win it to 'prove' something.

One of the easiest draws we could get. They are the sixth place team in a crappy league. They had one big win at Athletico but a season's worth of mediocrity is more indicative of their ability than one game. An easy win at home (especially without conceding) would allow Chelsea to rest some players on the way leg and maybe not even subject them to the travel.

We had problems with Slavia and Steaua and you expect easy win over Kazan? Werent they the last team that won against barca at home in CL?

Sixth or not, they have Rondon, Mvila,...those are well known players. Not saying we wont beat them, but its unpredictable.

We had problems with Slavia and Steaua and you expect easy win over Kazan? Werent they the last team that won against barca at home in CL?

Sixth or not, they have Rondon, Mvila,...those are well known players. Not saying we wont beat them, but its unpredictable.

Anyone can beat anyone, but we'd be heavily favoured. We are the fifth ranked team in UEFA's coefficient. Kazan is 42nd. I don't think they have a single player who would play regularly for Chelsea. Rondon was a servicable striker in Spain and M'Vila is an overrated headcase. I'm not saying we're going to win, but this is not Spurs or Lazio or even Benfica in terms of talent.

ну, маслята, вы меня рассмешили)))

карочи, минем прогноз дважды 1-0
рубин алга, челси сосьет кутак :3

GO GO CHELSEA!

He also went for the ruble aye :(

He is a rubbish player anyway. The culture in France must be rotten because look at some of the players the are producing:

Franck Ribery

Samir Nasri

Yan M'Vila

Hatem Ben Arfa

Mamadou Sakho

Patrice Evra

They all have rotten personalities. Some more so than others. Some not at all. But the higher proportion of arrogant Frog is ridiculous.