test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

termninja

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Started by termninja,

Star Wars: The Old Republic, abbreviated as TOR or SWTOR, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game based in theStar Wars universe. Developed by BioWare Austin and a supplemental team at BioWare Edmonton, the game was first announced on October 21, 2008, at an invitation-only press event.[6] The video game was released for the Microsoft Windowsplatform on December 20, 2011 in North America and part of Europe.[7][8][9][10] Early access to the game began one week before release, on December 13, 2011, for those who had pre-ordered the game online; access opened in "waves" based on pre-order date.[10]

Although BioWare has not disclosed development costs, industry leaders and financial analysts have estimated it to be between $150 million and $200 million. If accurate, this would make it the most expensive video game ever developed.[11][12] The game had 1 million subscribers within three days of its launch, making it the world's 'Fastest-Growing MMO Ever'.

It becomes free to play on November 15th, so my question to you is - Does anyone play it plans to start playing it? I certainly want to give it a go since KOTOR 1 and 2 were among my favorite games ever.

I used to play Tie Fighter & that was a freakin' blast. I haven't had the chance to play both KOTOR 1 & 2, but I have them ;) I spend too much time here & playing Forza Motorsport 4 ;)