The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thoughts? The best part without a doubt was the beginning. The rest of the episode was solid, no fireworks just yet, just laying the groundwork like they always do in the beginning.

I rate that episode Ed Sheeran out of 10.

On 18/07/2017 at 8:47 AM, manpe said:

Thoughts? The best part without a doubt was the beginning. The rest of the episode was solid, no fireworks just yet, just laying the groundwork like they always do in the beginning.

I rate that episode Ed Sheeran out of 10.

Spolier! - how do you hide?

Thought it was pretty interesting, seeing the hound travel north, and Bran coming south of the Wall

• 3 weeks later...

What an episode. One of the best choreographed battle scenes in television history. But the end was so predictably improbable. Bronn dodging the fire, the bloodrider, shooting Drogon, rescuing Jamie before without a scratch? Gary Cahill would have been proud of that last-ditch tackle. If they escape from that lake alive and free though it will be dead on pathetic and out o fcharacter for Daenerys not to catch them. 

What an episode. One of the best choreographed battle scenes in television history. But the end was so predictably improbable. Bronn dodging the fire, the bloodrider, shooting Drogon, rescuing Jamie before without a scratch? Gary Cahill would have been proud of that last-ditch tackle. If they escape from that lake alive and free though it will be dead on pathetic and out o fcharacter for Daenerys not to catch them. 
They shouldn't be able to escape from that lake themselves with all that armour on. And that battle was great, i agree, but for me the battle of bastards remains the best by far.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, manpe said:

They shouldn't be able to escape from that lake themselves with all that armour on. And that battle was great, i agree, but for me the battle of bastards remains the best by far.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Battle of the bastards was and still is some of the best directed battle scenes to have ever been produced, bar none.

• 2 weeks later...

the actipn has been something else this season. but the dialogue has gone to absolute shit since they have overtaken the books, and have to think of it themselves. All about getting laughs or putting in dumb references

Excellent show, but the cast is made up of some excellent actors playing minor characters or unlikable characters and some mediocre/poor actors playing major roles or admirable characters. That's my major criticism of the series so far, but it's been a great show.

The dragon scenes this season have been far above anything we've seen on film --ever.

Sandor Clegane easily my favorite; Joffrey and his mum easily the most despicable humans.

I think I will be disappointed at the end (of the series) if the conclusion sees not only the wretched, selfish, amoral Cersei dead (think: right wingers) but also the moral and idealistic Danaerys (think: leftist). Seems a likely outcome that Jon, having blood from two lands is the one who survives.

Anyone think that Arya will end up gutting Cersei? Will Jaime survive? Will Danaerys survive? Will any dragon survive? Is the Lord of Light a destroyer and sustainer who brings about another cycle of destruction (and subsequent peace)? A check against the power of men?

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

This season (7) feels rushed. It's ruined the atmosphere of the whole show. The time scaling is way off. Shame because this was suppose to be glorious.

By time scaling you mean that they can travel a whole country in a matter of minutes or hours?

25 minutes ago, manpe said:

By time scaling you mean that they can travel a whole country in a matter of minutes or hours?

Yes. In all previous series.. travel was made to feel relevant to our time scale.