test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

manpe

The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

Started by manpe,

887 posts in this topic

Discovered this show for myself less than week ago. Watched the 2 seasons in 3-4 days, what a great series. Can't wait for season 3. What I love about this is medieval times, a bit of magic in form of dragons, dead people walking etc, multiple storylines and they always end the show in a very interesting spot so you MUST watch the next episode. Rarely a dull moment. So far 10/10.

Did the quiz: I was House of Stark and Eddard Stark with 70%, followed by Khal Drogo.

Sheva. likes this

Awesome show! I'm mid season 2

Quiz:

In which Game of Thrones house do you belong?

Your Result: You belong in HOUSE BARATHEON - Ours is the Fury 77%
You belong in HOUSE TARGARYEN - Fire and Blood 74%
Going with Targaryen then :) Go dragons!

I'm a big fan of the books and am enjoying the show so far. I'm surprised how closely they have followed the books so far though I don't recall quite so many scenes set in brothels and they did cut some of the scenes I liked though that might have to do with cost. Whose everyones favorite character, its got to be Arya for me.

I'm a big fan of the books and am enjoying the show so far. I'm surprised how closely they have followed the books so far though I don't recall quite so many scenes set in brothels and they did cut some of the scenes I liked though that might have to do with cost. Whose everyones favorite character, its got to be Arya for me.

Yeah, this is pretty much the only thing that annoys me about the series so far. There are so many characters in the books and so many stories, so it was always going to be impossible to film them all so why the hell do you go and invent a new character (Ros) who adds nothing. There are many characters from the books who aren't in the show because they can't squeeze them in, but yet we need to see scenes of a second prostitute's life (other than Shae).

Other thing that is annoying is that the characters often got other names than in the book, such as Rob Stark's wife and that wildling girl John Snow falls for. But most annoying is that the characters in the show are all a good 4 years older than in the book. John Snow was supposed to be 14 y.o. and in the show he looks like 25.

Nonetheless best show ever. Great cast and storyline. No wonder it is the most popular series ever. Even people who are not that into fantasy enjoy it.

Favourite character has to be Dani. Hot, intelligent and got dragons.

A very significant picture...

This is an unused promo picture for Season 3, showing Petyr Baelish AKA Littlefinger on the Iron Throne. Readers of the books will identify this as a prudent choice of image for Seasons 3 & 4...

game-of-thrones.jpg]]

He and Lord Varys are the two you would say are best at this Game of Thrones...

Ankit likes this

Starts soon. Glad i waited this long before finishing season 2 now. So i didn't have to end that season and wait 9 months. Might actually watch the last half of season 2 again as it has been a while to refresh my memory. Gonna be good... :D

Phew! The 3rd episode has given it a much needed push and the show is gathering momentum now!! The ending of the 3rd episode was unexpected and brilliant, which made me go 'woahh!'.
Some humour as well, Podrick is the sex god. :D

So far so good this season. Definitely rooting for Daenerys.

Plan on starting reading the books once the semester is over at the uni, already got them loaded onto my iPad.

Brilliant 4th episode. Absolutely loved it. the last 10 mins were epic.
You don't mess with Khaleesi!

So far so good this season. Definitely rooting for Daenerys.

Plan on starting reading the books once the semester is over at the uni, already got them loaded onto my iPad.

I wonder why that is? :D

dayum1.gif

Ankit and Jype like this

Daenerys is gonna rape Westeros with this army, damn. So far she's the coolest throne candidate and nobody in Westeros even knows about her. She has the army, the dragons and the element of surprise.