The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

Discovered this show for myself less than week ago. Watched the 2 seasons in 3-4 days, what a great series. Can't wait for season 3. What I love about this is medieval times, a bit of magic in form of dragons, dead people walking etc, multiple storylines and they always end the show in a very interesting spot so you MUST watch the next episode. Rarely a dull moment. So far 10/10.

Did the quiz: I was House of Stark and Eddard Stark with 70%, followed by Khal Drogo.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome show! I'm mid season 2

Quiz:

In which Game of Thrones house do you belong?

Your Result: You belong in HOUSE BARATHEON - Ours is the Fury 77%
You belong in HOUSE TARGARYEN - Fire and Blood 74%
Going with Targaryen then :) Go dragons!

I'm a big fan of the books and am enjoying the show so far. I'm surprised how closely they have followed the books so far though I don't recall quite so many scenes set in brothels and they did cut some of the scenes I liked though that might have to do with cost. Whose everyones favorite character, its got to be Arya for me.

I'm a big fan of the books and am enjoying the show so far. I'm surprised how closely they have followed the books so far though I don't recall quite so many scenes set in brothels and they did cut some of the scenes I liked though that might have to do with cost. Whose everyones favorite character, its got to be Arya for me.

Yeah, this is pretty much the only thing that annoys me about the series so far. There are so many characters in the books and so many stories, so it was always going to be impossible to film them all so why the hell do you go and invent a new character (Ros) who adds nothing. There are many characters from the books who aren't in the show because they can't squeeze them in, but yet we need to see scenes of a second prostitute's life (other than Shae).

Other thing that is annoying is that the characters often got other names than in the book, such as Rob Stark's wife and that wildling girl John Snow falls for. But most annoying is that the characters in the show are all a good 4 years older than in the book. John Snow was supposed to be 14 y.o. and in the show he looks like 25.

Nonetheless best show ever. Great cast and storyline. No wonder it is the most popular series ever. Even people who are not that into fantasy enjoy it.

Favourite character has to be Dani. Hot, intelligent and got dragons.

• 2 weeks later...

A very significant picture...

This is an unused promo picture for Season 3, showing Petyr Baelish AKA Littlefinger on the Iron Throne. Readers of the books will identify this as a prudent choice of image for Seasons 3 & 4...

game-of-thrones.jpg]]

He and Lord Varys are the two you would say are best at this Game of Thrones...