The Hobbit

TacticalBlues

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my friends said to me today that 'The Hobbit' was an extremely boring film. I felt so deeply insulted!! :angry::rant:

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, and i somewhat agree with your friends. I have to say the graphics, especially the "memories" of the battle between the orks and the dwarves, were amazing. But for me, someone who has not watched or read (read only one part) of the Lord of the Rings. I found it a bit boring.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, and i somewhat agree with your friends. I have to say the graphics, especially the "memories" of the battle between the orks and the dwarves, were amazing. But for me, someone who has not watched or read (read only one part) of the Lord of the Rings. I found it a bit boring.

How can that be possible when The Hobbit comes before LOTR? You don't really have to know what happened in the latter to understand the former.

How can that be possible when The Hobbit comes before LOTR? You don't really have to know what happened in the latter to understand the former.

Yes but I felt that the "setting" needed better introducing. At times I wasn't sure what the characters were talking about. Don't get me wrong, I liked how the story is forming up and have decided to buy the rest of the LOTR movies. But the movie, it self, was a bit boring at times.

Yes but I felt that the "setting" needed better introducing. At times I wasn't sure what the characters were talking about. Don't get me wrong, I liked how the story is forming up and have decided to buy the rest of the LOTR movies. But the movie, it self, was a bit boring at times.

Fair enough I guess but think my friend found it more boring than you did considering it's not exactly a type of movie she likes anyway.

In my experience, most girls don't like fiction for some reason.

Shen me??? What?? really?? please don't throw all women under the bus because some girls don't like fantasy/sci fi!!! Some of us like it very much!!

We just bought the "Hobbit" dvd but it will take me several more times to truly judge it. Watching with my kids makes understanding and enjoying difficult but so far it is really good.

Shen me??? What?? really?? please don't throw all women under the bus because some girls don't like fantasy/sci fi!!! Some of us like it very much!!

LOL tbf, I did say "most" and "in my experience". I need to meet more girls like you, then :)

I really don't think he was rulling girls out. I just think he is saying it is hard to find a cool girl (trust me, they are into so many uninteresting things these days) who likes fiction.

The reason you do only elevates you, seriously!

Be proud! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this last night....must say I love it....I missed a bit of the beginning came in late (saw when bilbo was talking to Frodo and Frodo went for the mail.) the visual effects were amazing, the story though a bit different from the book from my memory was good. Can't wait for the next installment. Really loved the portrayal of the dwarfs.

• 2 months later...

Have just read The Hobbit book finish and...

*contain spoilers for movie* (read at your own risk!)

I must say I was rather disappointed by how easily Smaug died in it especially after all the buildup and talks in the book about how strong and mighty he was...only to then being killed by an arrow. :doh: Not sure if Peter Jackson would be doing anything different to this too since I checked that Smaug won't be appearing in the 3rd movie judging from the character list. And I imagine PJ would expand the 'Battle of the Five Armies' much longer and making it more epic considering how short it looked/felt in the book.

That aside, am really looking forward to the remaining 2 movies. Was already getting excited reading through the chapters that would appear in the last 2 films.