test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TacticalBlues

The Hobbit

Started by TacticalBlues,

245 posts in this topic
In my experience, most girls don't like fiction for some reason.

They mostly like drama. Tough to find girls who truly like fiction. They're the rare 'species'. :P

Rmpr and CHOULO19 like this

They mostly like drama. Tough to find girls who truly like fiction. They're the rare 'species'. :P

Always Romantic Comedy. :doh:

True, but if you find one, take my word and marry her! :D

In my experience, most girls don't like fiction for some reason.

Shen me??? What?? really?? please don't throw all women under the bus because some girls don't like fantasy/sci fi!!! Some of us like it very much!!

We just bought the "Hobbit" dvd but it will take me several more times to truly judge it. Watching with my kids makes understanding and enjoying difficult but so far it is really good.

Shen me??? What?? really?? please don't throw all women under the bus because some girls don't like fantasy/sci fi!!! Some of us like it very much!!

LOL tbf, I did say "most" and "in my experience". I need to meet more girls like you, then :)

Rmpr likes this

I really don't think he was rulling girls out. I just think he is saying it is hard to find a cool girl (trust me, they are into so many uninteresting things these days) who likes fiction.

The reason you do only elevates you, seriously!

Be proud! :)

BluesChick likes this

Thanks :) I shall be! and I am not one of the available ones :) but I do know lots of girls your age that like that genre :) they were my former students LOL

Saw this last night....must say I love it....I missed a bit of the beginning came in late (saw when bilbo was talking to Frodo and Frodo went for the mail.) the visual effects were amazing, the story though a bit different from the book from my memory was good. Can't wait for the next installment. Really loved the portrayal of the dwarfs.

Have just read The Hobbit book finish and...

*contain spoilers for movie* (read at your own risk!)

I must say I was rather disappointed by how easily Smaug died in it especially after all the buildup and talks in the book about how strong and mighty he was...only to then being killed by an arrow. :doh: Not sure if Peter Jackson would be doing anything different to this too since I checked that Smaug won't be appearing in the 3rd movie judging from the character list. And I imagine PJ would expand the 'Battle of the Five Armies' much longer and making it more epic considering how short it looked/felt in the book.

That aside, am really looking forward to the remaining 2 movies. Was already getting excited reading through the chapters that would appear in the last 2 films.

Have just read The Hobbit book finish and...

*contain spoilers for movie* (read at your own risk!)

I must say I was rather disappointed by how easily Smaug died in it especially after all the buildup and talks in the book about how strong and mighty he was...only to then being killed by an arrow. :doh: Not sure if Peter Jackson would be doing anything different to this too since I checked that Smaug won't be appearing in the 3rd movie judging from the character list. And I imagine PJ would expand the 'Battle of the Five Armies' much longer and making it more epic considering how short it looked/felt in the book.

That aside, am really looking forward to the remaining 2 movies. Was already getting excited reading through the chapters that would appear in the last 2 films.

Mate, have you read LOTR?

If you did, give this book a try:

4110755878_silmarillion2_xlarge.jpeg

P.S: Peter Jackson is getting a lot of side stories from this book to make The Hobbit a trilogy...

BlueLion. likes this

P.S: Peter Jackson is getting a lot of side stories from this book to make The Hobbit a trilogy...

Have you read The Silmarillion? I've recently bought it, but haven't started it yet.

If you've read it, would you consider it to be good?

Have you read The Silmarillion? I've recently bought it, but haven't started it yet.

If you've read it, would you consider it to be good?

As a Tolkien fan, I must say I loved it!

It is my favorite book, but it is not like Hobbit or LOTR, it concentrates a bit more on heritage and different set of events than fixing on one single adventure...

Tiwaz likes this

It is my favorite book, but it is not like Hobbit or LOTR, it concentrates a bit more on heritage and different set of events than fixing on one single adventure...

Thanks man, I'm looking forward to start reading it.

Nope. Didn't read LOTR but watched the movie.

And yeah, I do know PJ picks some part of the story from that book into the said movie but haven't thought about reading it at all. Besides, it's too long. :P

awesome - have u read the unfinished tales , children of hurin and tales from the perilous realm? they are also good

Nope. Didn't read LOTR but watched the movie.

And yeah, I do know PJ picks some part of the story from that book into the said movie but haven't thought about reading it at all. Besides, it's too long. :P

It is not long, only 300-400 pages!

awesome - have u read the unfinished tales , children of hurin and tales from the perilous realm? they are also good

WOW! It has been such a long time since I read it, but of the JRR Tolkien's book that he actually wrote, I read them all (including the non Middle Earth ones). However, the ones his son finished, I only read The Children of Hurin and didn't like it...

And there will be lots of words and characters in it. :lol:

Oh, come on JayJay, stop being such a Bieber lover and just read the fucking thing!

I promise you will find a nice map in the begining and some drawings in every 20-30 pages or so...

:ph34r: