test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Eviltwinz93

The Hobbit

Started by Eviltwinz93,

244 posts in this topic
Are you trying to discredit my seriousity?

Ok, I dont know if you are serious or not.

In the case that you are, I am sorry, but I wont explain the whole book in this thread, LoL.

Ok, I dont know if you are serious or not.

In the case that you are, I am sorry, but I wont explain the whole book in this thread, LoL.

I will forever remain an enigma to you, just like Gandalf's mushy beard

Rmpr likes this

fucking epic. peter jackson's got the most awesome imagination ever. plus his understanding of the tolkein world is absolutely immense. loved it that he introduced the white council. now i am pretty sure he ll show the attack on dol guldur and the running of the necromancer (sauron) to mordor and simply cant wait for the battle of the 5 armies.

cant wait for the next 2 films.

Have watched the movie today and it was absolutely magnificent! The characters, the acting, the effects, the adventure, encounter and fight with the trolls, goblins and orcs were just stunning! My two favorite parts of the movie is the entire design of the Erebor Kingdom fortress and the part of Gollum encounter Bilbo for the very first time. That was utterly hilarious while the former completely blew me away. The stone giants were pretty crazily wonderful as well.

Lover everything about the film. Can't wait for the second and of course the third one! :D

Rmpr likes this

I don't care about lotr and this movie, but whenever i see people post about it - it's like they're talking in a completely different language, so confusing :lol:

I really liked it!All pretty and even though it was about under 3 hours or so long didnt really seem like it.Just long wait till the next one!And I wana live in a hobbit house!

Rmpr, I agree about the 48fps. The first five minutes seemed a blur as my eyes adjusted.

In regards to your point about borrowing from The Silmarillion, I think its great as the Silmarillion is too complicated a series of stories to turn into a film. By borrowing the coolest part, ie. Sauron as the Necromancer, and the birth of the Nazgul, and his battle against the White Council, we will have one epic conclusion.

Rmpr, I agree about the 48fps. The first five minutes seemed a blur as my eyes adjusted.

In regards to your point about borrowing from The Silmarillion, I think its great as the Silmarillion is too complicated a series of stories to turn into a film. By borrowing the coolest part, ie. Sauron as the Necromancer, and the birth of the Nazgul, and his battle against the White Council, we will have one epic conclusion.

I really think it will be epic, I was just analysing as a neutral.

1. For me, Peter Jackson is making The Hobbit 3hr long just because LOTR is long and he does not want to do a triology that is half as long as the first one. Tolkien`s fans (like us) will find it great, but I have seen friends giving up watching it because 3hrs it too long, you basically need half a day off for you to spend on the theatre.

2. In this regard I am being mean, but I dont like the idea of him adding a lot of parallel storylines because I think Silmarillion was not intended to be filmed. I view it as a bunch of ideas Tolkien decided to show everyone. Making all this raw concepts fit into Bilbo`s adventure will require Peter Jackson to create a lot of connection from his own mind. That is what I dont like, I dont want him messing with my perfect little understandment of Middle Earth.

Anyways, it was a very well done movie and I had a great time!

Saw this movie today and thought it was incredible! Everything about it from the characters to the effects to the script was just fantastic,Can't wait to see more.

One of my friends said to me today that 'The Hobbit' was an extremely boring film. I felt so deeply insulted!! :angry::rant:

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, and i somewhat agree with your friends. I have to say the graphics, especially the "memories" of the battle between the orks and the dwarves, were amazing. But for me, someone who has not watched or read (read only one part) of the Lord of the Rings. I found it a bit boring.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, and i somewhat agree with your friends. I have to say the graphics, especially the "memories" of the battle between the orks and the dwarves, were amazing. But for me, someone who has not watched or read (read only one part) of the Lord of the Rings. I found it a bit boring.

How can that be possible when The Hobbit comes before LOTR? You don't really have to know what happened in the latter to understand the former.

BOSS likes this

How can that be possible when The Hobbit comes before LOTR? You don't really have to know what happened in the latter to understand the former.

Yes but I felt that the "setting" needed better introducing. At times I wasn't sure what the characters were talking about. Don't get me wrong, I liked how the story is forming up and have decided to buy the rest of the LOTR movies. But the movie, it self, was a bit boring at times.

Yes but I felt that the "setting" needed better introducing. At times I wasn't sure what the characters were talking about. Don't get me wrong, I liked how the story is forming up and have decided to buy the rest of the LOTR movies. But the movie, it self, was a bit boring at times.

Fair enough I guess but think my friend found it more boring than you did considering it's not exactly a type of movie she likes anyway.

Fair enough I guess but think my friend found it more boring than you did considering it's not exactly a type of movie she likes anyway.

In my experience, most girls don't like fiction for some reason.

In my experience, most girls don't like fiction for some reason.

Hard to kiss and understand the movie at the same time...