The Hobbit

TacticalBlues

LOL

In Middle-Earth, only humans have stupid short lives!

Orcs are imortal (until someone kill it), Elfs are imortal (until someone kills them or until the World isnt covered by dark forces), Dwarves live good couple hundred years, Hobbits live more than one hundred years and Wizards live a lot (300-400 years or so).

Gandalf being the same old looking guy for 60-70 years isnt that atrocious!

So Gandalf isn't a human, he's a monster? And they can't be immortal if they can be killed, wtf :carlo: The whole definition of immortality is that one can never die.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Gandalf isn't a human, he's a monster? And they can't be immortal if they can be killed, wtf :carlo: The whole definition of immortality is that one can never die.

LMAO

You get the idea manpe, I am not very good at explaining immortality or how long creatures (see, not monsters) live.

fucking epic. peter jackson's got the most awesome imagination ever. plus his understanding of the tolkein world is absolutely immense. loved it that he introduced the white council. now i am pretty sure he ll show the attack on dol guldur and the running of the necromancer (sauron) to mordor and simply cant wait for the battle of the 5 armies.

cant wait for the next 2 films.

Have watched the movie today and it was absolutely magnificent! The characters, the acting, the effects, the adventure, encounter and fight with the trolls, goblins and orcs were just stunning! My two favorite parts of the movie is the entire design of the Erebor Kingdom fortress and the part of Gollum encounter Bilbo for the very first time. That was utterly hilarious while the former completely blew me away. The stone giants were pretty crazily wonderful as well.

Lover everything about the film. Can't wait for the second and of course the third one! :D

Rmpr, I agree about the 48fps. The first five minutes seemed a blur as my eyes adjusted.

In regards to your point about borrowing from The Silmarillion, I think its great as the Silmarillion is too complicated a series of stories to turn into a film. By borrowing the coolest part, ie. Sauron as the Necromancer, and the birth of the Nazgul, and his battle against the White Council, we will have one epic conclusion.

Rmpr, I agree about the 48fps. The first five minutes seemed a blur as my eyes adjusted.

In regards to your point about borrowing from The Silmarillion, I think its great as the Silmarillion is too complicated a series of stories to turn into a film. By borrowing the coolest part, ie. Sauron as the Necromancer, and the birth of the Nazgul, and his battle against the White Council, we will have one epic conclusion.

I really think it will be epic, I was just analysing as a neutral.

1. For me, Peter Jackson is making The Hobbit 3hr long just because LOTR is long and he does not want to do a triology that is half as long as the first one. Tolkien`s fans (like us) will find it great, but I have seen friends giving up watching it because 3hrs it too long, you basically need half a day off for you to spend on the theatre.

2. In this regard I am being mean, but I dont like the idea of him adding a lot of parallel storylines because I think Silmarillion was not intended to be filmed. I view it as a bunch of ideas Tolkien decided to show everyone. Making all this raw concepts fit into Bilbo`s adventure will require Peter Jackson to create a lot of connection from his own mind. That is what I dont like, I dont want him messing with my perfect little understandment of Middle Earth.

Anyways, it was a very well done movie and I had a great time!