test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Eviltwinz93

The Hobbit

Started by Eviltwinz93,

244 posts in this topic

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but i wasn't really overly bothered about the lord of the rings and have only seen half way through the first film.. :ph34r:

But each to their own. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but i wasn't really overly bothered about the lord of the rings and have only seen half way through the first film.. :ph34r:

OMG HUTCHO! We definetly dont have the same taste for movies. I am glad we agree on football though!

Hutcho likes this

I loved the trilogy so naturally I can't wait for this. I read the book and it was a lot more light hearted than LOTR.

Does it have smth to do with LOTR?

It is some sort of prequel. In the books, it is of vital importance, since Tolkien mentions it a lot in the course of LOTR.

It is the story of Bilbo's adventure and how he gets the ring.

TorontoChelsea likes this

Was looking forward to it until they decided to make it a three-part series. The Lord of the Rings is three books so it makes sense, but The Hobbit is one book, so there is no way to do it without severely slowing down the story.

Muzchap and Rmpr like this

same! Lord of the Rings had no effect what so ever on me, also Star Wars...couldnt be bothered with that aswell. hahaha

Was looking forward to it until they decided to make it a three-part series. The Lord of the Rings is three books so it makes sense, but The Hobbit is one book, so there is no way to do it without severely slowing down the story.

LOTR has 1000 pages and the Hobbit only has 300.

What worries me more than the slow pace is if Peter Jackson decides to invent stuff to make 1 movie into 3.

LOTR has 1000 pages and the Hobbit only has 300.

What worries me more than the slow pace is if Peter Jackson decides to invent stuff to make 1 movie into 3.

In the LOTR, it was the whole Arwen love thing that was added for some romance that doesn't exist in the books. In this series, I think Jackson will try to expand it way beyond the book. The Hobbit isn't a real prequel to LOTR. Only a few characters reappear and the only real connection is the ring but from what I've read, Jackson is going to bring in Frodo, Legolas, Galadrial, Saruman, etc...none of whom are in The Hobbit so I think the third movie, in particular, will look to bridge the untold gap between The Hobbit and LOTR. It could be good, and I will go see it, but I have concerns as well.

In the LOTR, it was the whole Arwen love thing that was added for some romance that doesn't exist in the books. In this series, I think Jackson will try to expand it way beyond the book. The Hobbit isn't a real prequel to LOTR. Only a few characters reappear and the only real connection is the ring but from what I've read, Jackson is going to bring in Frodo, Legolas, Galadrial, Saruman, etc...none of whom are in The Hobbit so I think the third movie, in particular, will look to bridge the untold gap between The Hobbit and LOTR. It could be good, and I will go see it, but I have concerns as well.

The thing is that The Hobbit was Tolkien's first expirience with Middle Earth. It really isnt a true prequel and some of the characters dont appear because LOTR had not been invented yet. They are more of two separate stories that interconnect in some ways.

You could be right about Peter intensions, I just hope he does not screw it up. A lot of fans prefer The Hobbit and Similairon to LOTR.

I will definetly see it aswell. I am not 100% sure it will be great though. He is inovating in a lot of technical issues, so we will have to wait to conclude anything.

I've never watched any of the LOTR series. I always wanted to read the books, but they were too long.

But I've read The Hobbit, and it's one of my favourite books, although admittedly, I haven't read many books in my life.

i watched lord of the rings with my cousines and tried to be super excited but honestly i dint like it..im looking forward to see the lost symbol.arent they going to make it??

Peter Jackson is going to have to be a lot more creative now, he will probably have to add stuff on his own, as the book is very short.

Brilliant. Can't wait for it. Shame can't be in Wellington that time. The city is gonna be renamed 'Middle of Middle Earth', unofficially that is. :D

And speaking of The Hobbit.

:lol:

Beepu likes this

No, Lord of the Rings is not three books. it's actually six books divided into three volumes.

Does it have smth to do with LOTR?

It's about Bilbo's and Gandalf's adventure 70 years before the start of LOTR.They set out to a find a treasure guarded by a dragon. It's a lot more jovial and lighter in tone than the trilogy. It's not a prequel as it was written a full 15 years before LOTR.

I read The Hobbit in primary school.

Peter Jackson was born near my city and he owns a house in a suburb in the city, Weta workshop the animation studio for LOTR is also in Wellington. On the premier of the fellowship of the ring in here, theyve put up a red carpet on the street to the cinema where the actors walked. Recently they've put up a gollum sculpture on the Wellington airport http://www.thehobbitblog.com/gollum-dives-into-wellington-airport/

And there are alot of 'the hobbit' promotional things around the city. NZ is definitely a big part of the LOTR trilogy and the hobbit for sure since filming takes place alot in New Zealand, even the scene where Frodo and gang hid from the naz gul in the woods under the tree, that is literally 5 minutes walk from where i live but not sure that ive seen it, since you need a tour to actually know which tree and all that.

same! Lord of the Rings had no effect what so ever on me, also Star Wars...couldnt be bothered with that aswell. hahaha

I would like to go for drinks with you guys because there won't be an awkward stare when i say i don't like LOTR and haven't seen Starwars. :D

Funnily enough, my cousins don't even bother asking me about any films simply because i once said i also don't like Harry Potter. :ph34r:

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

I would like to go for drinks with you guys because there won't be an awkward stare when i say i don't like LOTR and haven't seen Starwars. :D

Funnily enough, my cousins don't even bother asking me about any films simply because i once said i also don't like Harry Potter. :ph34r:

me too with the bolded. how can anyone watch it, let alone 7 of them!?!?