test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Peppi85

Charly Musonda Jr.

Started by Peppi85,

1,475 posts in this topic

I think if he had proper pace, he could develop his instinct to shoot more and essentially become a Hazard clone - right now he has the intelligence to distract 3 players at once while teammates get into attacking positions, which is basically what sets Hazard himself above the rest.

Yet he lacks the pace.

So central he should be, probably, considering his off days resemble a lazy but still talented Ozil.

If we'd been playing 4231 for the past 2 seasons and clearly intended to for the foreseeable future, he'd make it here; hundreds of starts.
But with how things are here, I see it more likely he flourishes elsewhere. Which is fine as long as it's not for an English rival.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tidy but not influential in a 0-0 draw today. Played the whole game, most of it on the right. Became a different beast once in the centre. Didn't play with Dembele/Roberts/other talented flair players today, but a mix of fringe players.

He was actually awarded MOTM, but Celtic fans contest it, saying another player deserves it by far.

Edit:
To add more, Celtic fans generally agree that right now he's impact-player quality, not starter quality, not for us or Celtic. 
But, all the people who've been foaming at the mouth over Musonda for the past few years aren't wrong. He'll become starter quality rapidly like the best youngsters do. 

Currently he's flashy for flashiness sake, and needs to develop a more direct, fast-pass approach. He needs to be less of a circa 2010 Barcelona player, for us, Celtic, whoever he plays for. & finally, everyone acknowledges that, like Hazard, Musonda's instantly the most targeted player Celtic have, and by default, the league. Opposition double up on him, or triple, and tackle him hard. People are surprised he hasn't already gained an injury, & give him props for getting up quickly and steadily whenever he's taken down.

''He looks like he has the touches. But a team like us cant afford luxury players. There's got to be an end product or else there's no point in starting him.''

ja1, OneMoSalah and manpe like this

Not used today. 

Struggling to establish himself now as Rodgers struggles (well, ultimately failed) in Europe, amounting different pressures on him. Then, the fact Rangers are just 9 or so points behind despite vastly different budgets etc - he's being squeezed to play the true Celtic players who'll be there beyond next season. Otherwise he faces even more heat from Celtic supporters for nurturing a player which isn't even theirs. 

If they hadn't been whooped by Zenit, I think the rest of this loan would've gone incredibly. Now, I think it'll simply be an average loan. I think it'll be hard from now on.

Been an unused sub for their last 3 league games smh. Not good at all and not what I expected. Was expecting him to show what he is really about. Interesting to see where he is playing next season.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

Been an unused sub for their last 3 league games smh. Not good at all and not what I expected. Was expecting him to show what he is really about. Interesting to see where he is playing next season.

Hasn't done any of note for Celtic since than assist v Zenit, just a highlights player really, no substance to his game, no end product.. Can't believe people were honestly expecting him to start ahead of Willian and Pedro earlier in the season before we loaned him out. Absolute madness. 

DDA and Tomo like this

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hasn't done any of note for Celtic since than assist v Zenit, just a highlights player really, no substance to his game, no end product.. Can't believe people were honestly expecting him to start ahead of Willian and Pedro earlier in the season before we loaned him out. Absolute madness. 

Just shows how fickle people are. I remember people claiming he is better than Willian. People love to live in the spur of the moment. As soon as Willian drops off a bit, your going to get ridiculous comments again.

OneMoSalah likes this

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Just shows how fickle people are. I remember people claiming he is better than Willian. People love to live in the spur of the moment. As soon as Willian drops off a bit, your going to get ridiculous comments again.

and Eden drops off completely off the radar and doesn't get the half the shit.

Stats likes this

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Spot on. Charly is ridiculously overrated. He can dribble the ball around until the cows come home... the odd decent pass here and there, that's it.

On 19/03/2018 at 5:54 AM, DDA said:

Spot on. Charly is ridiculously overrated. He can dribble the ball around until the cows come home... the odd decent pass here and there, that's it.

Glad that people who watch performances and judge what they see honestly are now commenting on Charly. Many posts over the last two years have been too generous about his output. There was a time when the super positive opinions in here bore very little resemblance to the performances I was watching our young Belgian turn in for Betis.

We’re Chelsea fans; of course we want the very best for Charly, but just wishing it won’t make it so. The penny has to drop very soon that, if he is to succeed at any kind of level, he needs to remodel his game. He must abandon any lingering belief that the hype surrounding his performances in that first spell at Betis was anything but the purest honeymoon reaction. Charly has a lot of thinking and a lot of work to do. I wish him well with it.

Tomo, Amblève. and The Skipper like this

Is it bold to make such a prediction like he will be McEachran 2.0? Cant get in the Celtic team at all. When he does he doesn't do anything of note. Crazy people believed he had more right to start than Willian or Pedro earlier in the season, even Boga looks better and more consistent than him. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Is it bold to make such a prediction like he will be McEachran 2.0? Cant get in the Celtic team at all. When he does he doesn't do anything of note. Crazy people believed he had more right to start than Willian or Pedro earlier in the season, even Boga looks better and more consistent than him. 

Boga has issues with end product and sharp decision making which will ultimately see to any chance he has with us. CHO looks light years ahead of both.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Boga has issues with end product and sharp decision making which will ultimately see to any chance he has with us. CHO looks light years ahead of both.

CHO looks like he can impact games already even though he’s much younger than the two. He seems more ‘ready’ than those two ever were... it’s about whether they can consistently cope with the pace of the game at senior, top quality level - Musonda nor Boga have shown this. 

Tomo likes this

14 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

CHO looks like he can impact games already even though he’s much younger than the two. He seems more ‘ready’ than those two ever were... it’s about whether they can consistently cope with the pace of the game at senior, top quality level - Musonda nor Boga have shown this. 

I feel with the new batch of 17-18 year olds in general that they seem a lot more set to challenge for a first team place than the last bunch. With Boga, Musonda, Ruben, Kenedy i feel they lack in too many areas to be serious first team players for us whereas the likes of Mount, CHO and Ampadu look like they belong at the top level (Mount's played in the Europa League and looked excellent, small sample size but still).

OneMoSalah likes this

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Agree completely, undoubtedly Boga's chances here sailed years ago but he looks more ready to play regularly. Think CHO should be a regular feature for us in the next 3-5 years if he can continue to develop and score a loan move somewhere where he can be productive like Tammy in the Championship for example unless a manager was to be brave enough and put him right in (dont want to jinx anything but haha). He isn't exactly short of confidence for a 17/18 year old (little bit like Raheem Sterling when he played against Man City in his Liverpool debut I think it was - fuck knows why I know that but) and also I think he has a little bit of a maturity and understanding in his game, which is what I think will make him stand out along with Ampadu here. 

Tomo likes this

5th league game in a row he has been an unused sub. BR has not even bothered to bring him on. That is worrying. I thought he was going to tear up this league. Can't even get a game. The last time he started a game was on the 18th of February against St Johnstone.

10 hours ago, Stats said:

5th league game in a row he has been an unused sub. BR has not even bothered to bring him on. That is worrying. I thought he was going to tear up this league. Can't even get a game. The last time he started a game was on the 18th of February against St Johnstone.

Because is pretty average. He doesn't do enough to warrant a start or to even be used as a sub.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Loaning someone to Brendan Rodgers is always a bad idea. Who knew...?

Bertrand did okay when we sent him to Brendan. Maybe we should try loaning him players that are actually good enough.

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Loaning someone to Brendan Rodgers is always a bad idea. Who knew...?

Should have sent him to Rangers