test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Peppi85

Charly Musonda Jr.

Started by Peppi85,

1,482 posts in this topic
24 minutes ago, GQman2121 said:

One games worth of highlights does not make a player. That's completely moronic logic. To then use that as a metric while shitting on Willian...I can't even.

He's talented and it's nice that he's seemingly sticking around this year. But let's keep expectations in check. He's very, very raw and returned last December for more than just not clicking with managerial changes. 

No one deemed him an accomplished player already. But you can tell from these highlights that he is definitely talented, which is all w recognized here. I'd rather give him a chance than force Morata on the wing or bullshit like that. 

King11Didier and Artandur like this

1 hour ago, GQman2121 said:

One games worth of highlights does not make a player. That's completely moronic logic. To then use that as a metric while shitting on Willian...I can't even.

He's talented and it's nice that he's seemingly sticking around this year. But let's keep expectations in check. He's very, very raw and returned last December for more than just not clicking with managerial changes. 

Young players with huge potential like Musonda, need to be around other top class players imo. I think loaning them out to mid/low table sides in other leagues is a recipe for disaster. I don't know of any young player of 18/19/20 who played for a poor side and developed into a world class player at that club. Even Messi would struggle on loan to a poor side who can't take advantage of a player like Messi's ability. 

Duppy Conqueror and Leif like this

25 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Young players with huge potential like Musonda, need to be around other top class players imo. I think loaning them out to mid/low table sides in other leagues is a recipe for disaster. I don't know of any young player of 18/19/20 who played for a poor side and developed into a world class player at that club. Even Messi would struggle on loan to a poor side who can't take advantage of a player like Messi's ability. 

Its hard because big sides don't want to take loanees on their team, they buy their players (or want a "to buy fee" included in the contract). The loanees want to play, and they get better as its just a stepping stone for them.
If you loan a player who is not deemed good enough for a big side he will just fade into obscurity there. Example: Wallace at Inter. Man he looked promising!

29 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Players need to play. You need to see them and have enough tape on them to determine if they're worth further investment or time developing. You can only learn so much from having them in practice or playing sparsely during a season.

Look at Aké. He played, was recalled, and then sold for £20m where he's going to start and be a critical piece for Howe and Bournemouth this year. That doesn't mean he's good enough to start for a club in Europe battling on four fronts, but he went out, did the work and is now set to heavily contribute. 

That's really all you can ask for from a young player. We just have to hope one of them develops into a player at the caliber required at this level.

We deemed Ake and Chalobah not good enough. 

RLC and Zouma are on big top flight loans and will be revisited next year.

Musonda, Baker and Christensen are now up and we get to see if or how they're going to be used and tested. 

I think this is the right way to go about this process. You just have to get lucky with talent which is something everyone in the country is struggling with. This is not solely a Chelsea Football Club dilemma.

I rate him very highly, he seems like a real deal :) I hope he we don't bring another winger ... he should start some PL matches when we go up against defensive teams like Burnley ;) 

It would be a joy to watch him alongside Hazard and Morata ;) 

kellzfresh likes this

30 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

I rate him very highly, he seems like a real deal :) I hope he we don't bring another winger ... he should start some PL matches when we go up against defensive teams like Burnley ;) 

It would be a joy to watch him alongside Hazard and Morata ;) 

You can say I am being negitive here but he has literally done fuck all. Simple passes, dribbling and the odd miss control. I hope to see more of him as he does look like a special talent though but I will say it again, the lad needs to start drinking mass gainers.

You can say I am being negitive here but he has literally done fuck all. Simple passes, dribbling and the odd miss control. I hope to see more of him as he does look like a special talent though but I will say it again, the lad needs to start drinking mass gainers.
He's been part of two preseason games with 30m~ to his name. Looked more lively than Willian has in his 3+ starts IMO.

Only seen glimpses of him at Betis but have heard how highly rated he his. Hope he's given a chance to play more often than not.
Fernando likes this

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

He's been part of two preseason games with 30m~ to his name. Looked more lively than Willian has in his 3+ starts IMO.

Only seen glimpses of him at Betis but have heard how highly rated he his. Hope he's given a chance to play more often than not.

He has been given the number 17 shirt. Is that a sign they want him to follow in Edens footsteps? Maybe thats how highly the club rate him.

He has been given the number 17 shirt. Is that a sign they want him to follow in Edens footsteps? Maybe thats how highly the club rate him.
Don't take much notice of numbers really unless it's 10 or 7. We can only hope he has a similar rise here.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
6 minutes ago, DDA said:

Don't take much notice of numbers really unless it's 10 or 7. We can only hope he has a similar rise here.

I don't normally but when he took his bib off to enter the pitch at Wembley earlier today, I saw the number 17 and it had that special feeling about it. Guess I am footballing fantasist, I don't know but yea, here's to C.Musonda.jnr having a successful future here.

He looks to be a great talent. I think we're good for wingers. So glad to see him getting some time on the pitch, as well as Boga to a lesser degree. 

He brings directness to our game, which I liked as soon as he got on the pitch. Maybe not the best time to actually show his stuff seeing as the field got smaller with Arsenal being able to crowd our players with a man less, but you can see the talent. I realise he is a winger, but I thought he did quite well when he came into the middle of the pitch as well. 

Give him a go. He is exceptionally skilled, an athlete and a youngster ready to make the next step. He has all the tools to be a top player. 

kellzfresh likes this

It seems he is to stay in our squad this season? I like that, we need depth on the wings, we may as well use this amazing talent. I really like the lad.

mccg likes this

4 hours ago, Thor said:

He looks to be a great talent. I think we're good for wingers

I thought that too.

But since conte keep repeating, when pedro and hazard injured, he dont have any option

Its actually makes me worried. Probably conte actually didnt planned musonda or boga as part of our 1st team member.

If musonda or boga send out loan again, it will be really pity. Because it seems we actually have immense talent to develop

jernej93 likes this

There really is no need to sign any more attacking players when we have one world class one in Eden, two established and experienced ones in Willian and Pedro, and two talented and hungry youngsters in Musonda and Boga. Whoever accepts to be 4th choice would not be much better than those two anyway, and I doubt either of Pedro or Willian would accept being 4th choice if we signed an upgrade on them, so Charly and Jeremie would still have place. I also noticed Musonda was wearing nr. 17 shirt, which is quite unusual for a player who is not in first team plans, unless he is.

jernej93 likes this

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

There really is no need to sign any more attacking players when we have one world class one in Eden, two established and experienced ones in Willian and Pedro, and two talented and hungry youngsters in Musonda and Boga. Whoever accepts to be 4th choice would not be much better than those two anyway, and I doubt either of Pedro or Willian would accept being 4th choice if we signed an upgrade on them, so Charly and Jeremie would still have place. I also noticed Musonda was wearing nr. 17 shirt, which is quite unusual for a player who is not in first team plans, unless he is.

Yeah, specially since we played so well yesterday, in Eden's absence...

Honestly, mate, do you see Pedro or Willian as starters for Bayern, Real, Barca or Juve? Cause I think those are the clubs that we want to compete with, not Liverpool or Spurs.

Regarding Musonda, sure, he's a very promissing young player and I hope he gets plenty of game time this season, but again, you cannot count on players like him to take you to the next level. Not now.

We need some strong wingers added to the team. I would take Bale in a heartbeat, even for 100m.

2 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Honestly, mate, do you see Pedro or Willian as starters for Bayern, Real, Barca or Juve? Cause I think those are the clubs that we want to compete with, not Liverpool or Spurs.

No I don't, but we are not competing with these guys. Reality check - we will not be on those teams' levels this season, if you were hoping otherwise. Whoever is available on the market and is an upgrade over those two I don't know, but it's very unlikely we could sign that player anymore when we can't even close Drinkwater. At the moment we need to make sure to be competitive in the league, UCL is not happening so whatever those elite teams are doing doesn't concern us now.

6 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

but again, you cannot count on players like him to take you to the next level. Not now.

I know, never claimed something like that. They are deputies so merely providing squad numbers when the others aren't available or need a rest.

7 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

We need some strong wingers added to the team. I would take Bale in a heartbeat, even for 100m.

Ideally yes, but not in this transfer window. Candreva at best. We have positions that are in serious crisis and with the way this window has been going, we will not have the time or money to sign another high profile attacker.