Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

FA Cup only starts on January, so it means some of them will realistically end up only playing 6 games between now and January. Thats if we are not in trouble in our EL group matches
That the position we're in with such a drop quality amongst most of our first XI and those individuals.

They will have to grab their chances to impress

37 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
48 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:
For the sake of our fringe players I wanted to stay in the Cup. Liverpool away should be a tough one.

They'll be playing the 6 EL group games along with a FA Cup outing.

I'm not so sure about us half-assing EL. Maybe at first a few fringe players will get to play, but when things start getting serious I think the club and the team will want to really go for it for prestige and securing CL (top 4 is not a given despite a good start). I want to see us have a serious go, but then again I want to see us go for everything possible :P 

Depends how seriously its taken though. If look unlikely to get top 4 then Europa is our best bet.. 

Just shame if going out has to be to sodding Liverpool. Then again.. Might win!

Our back up players should have enough to make it out of a EL group or they shouldn't be here in the first place.

I'm not so sure about us half-assing EL. Maybe at first a few fringe players will get to play, but when things start getting serious I think the club and the team will want to really go for it for prestige and securing CL (top 4 is not a given despite a good start). I want to see us have a serious go, but then again I want to see us go for everything possible [emoji14] 

I'm only talking about the group stage. I expect our line ups to get stronger, the further we go (hopefully all the way again).

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
33 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:
Depends how seriously its taken though. If look unlikely to get top 4 then Europa is our best bet.. 
Just shame if going out has to be to sodding Liverpool. Then again.. Might win!

Our back up players should have enough to make it out of a EL group or they shouldn't be here in the first place.

They should but when we've had players who struggled in carling Cup games against lower league teams and had to bring on the normal lot wouldn't surprise me. 

37 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

That the position we're in with such a drop quality amongst most of our first XI and those individuals.

They will have to grab their chances to impress

What drop in quality (other than Kepa, Rudiger, Kante, Azpi, and Hazard) in the rest of the positions it might be and upgrade,especially defensively.

Even at RB, Zappacosta in for Azpi is not a disaster.

LB Emerson in for Alonso is an upgrade on defensive side.

CB AC in for Luiz? It should be that now. Amapdu in for Rudiger? I will not lose sleep. Cahill in, yes, that is a shit move .

MF We don't really have a set starting 3rd MF yet, but either Barkley or Kovacic in there is fine. Fuck Drinkwater, Fabregas is shit too, neither better play, or maybe as sub role for Fabregas at most. Moses, lol, bench time, why the fuck we have him still is yet another question. RLC should have been loaned out or sold. Same for the already mentioned Drinkwater and Fabregas.

RW will be a coin toss being meh 1 and meh 2. as usual.

LW Hazard out means CHO in, getting a chance, so happy there. Ideally Hazard would play and CHO would be played as a false 9 or at striker, for a half, just to see.

Striker is shit no matter what, so its not like a cup tie makes it a nightmare choice. I said above play CHOthere or a false nine anyway.

As long as Sarri keeps Cahill, Drinkwater, Fabregas, RLC (maybe give him a little time to see if he can show up for once), Moses and then the two I wish he wouldn't play Luiz (especially him, he needs to be reduced to a spot sub, only Cahill is worse) and Willian, I am happy He will will keep playing the last two, and it will eventually bite us in the arse, especially Luiz. I just hope not too badly.

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Trent Alexander-Arnold up against Alonso, eeeek. Sane, Firmino, and Salah v Luiz. God help us. Maybe Klopp doesn't go full first team.

I assume you mean Mane,  unless they've sneakily signed the German. Fuck the Chelsea reject Salah, and all the rest 

We are Chelsea and will beat them

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:
What drop in quality (other than Kepa, Rudiger, Kante, Azpi, and Hazard) in the rest of the positions it might be and upgrade,especially defensively.

Even at RB, Zappacosta in for Azpi is not a disaster.
LB Emerson in for Alonso is an upgrade on defensive side.
CB AC in for Luiz? It should be that now. Amapdu in for Rudiger? I will not lose sleep. Cahill in, yes, that is a shit move .
MF We don't really have a set starting 3rd MF yet, but either Barkley or Kovacic in there is fine. Fuck Drinkwater, Fabregas is shit too, neither better play, or maybe as sub role for Fabregas at most. Moses, lol, bench time, why the fuck we have him still is yet another question. RLC should have been loaned out or sold. Same for the already mentioned Drinkwater and Fabregas.
RW will be a coin toss being meh 1 and meh 2. as usual.
LW Hazard out means CHO in, getting a chance, so happy there. Ideally Hazard would play and CHO would be played as a false 9 or at striker, for a half, just to see.
Striker is shit no matter what, so its not like a cup tie makes it a nightmare choice. I said above play CHOthere or a false nine anyway.
As long as Sarri keeps Cahill, Drinkwater, Fabregas, RLC (maybe give him a little time to see if he can show up for once), Moses and then the two I wish he wouldn't play Luiz (especially him, he needs to be reduced to a spot sub, only Cahill is worse) and Willian, I am happy He will will keep playing the last two, and it will eventually bite us in the arse, especially Luiz. I just hope not too badly.

I was mainly referring to our main players and those behind them. We can't afford to rest/swap at least three of the players you mentioned for starters in games that matter, resulting in less minutes for players that either aren't ready or those that should be long gone (Cahill & Drinkwater are two from a bunch).

Emerson can't even get into our match day squad ATM, so there has to be more than meets the eye in his regard alone.

There's obviously a drop off in quality in all squads, but our weekend midfield trio to DD, Cesc & RLC is massive.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I was mainly referring to our main players and those behind them. We can't afford to rest/swap at least three of the players you mentioned for starters in games that matter, resulting in less minutes for players that either aren't ready or those that should be long gone (Cahill & Drinkwater are two from a bunch).

Emerson can't even get into our match day squad ATM, so there has to be more than meets the eye in his regard alone.

There's obviously a drop off in quality in all squads, but our weekend midfield trio to DD, Cesc & RLC is massive.

If he sits BOTH Kante and Jorginho, hell yes, we are well and truly fucked then, especially against LPool.

If you have a theory or knowledge of why so little time for Emerson, I would love to know. I have said in past maybe he is still carrying a knock from the Roma injury. He was so so so good before that damn knee.

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If you have a theory or knowledge of why so little time for Emerson, I would love to know. I have said in past maybe he is still carrying a knock from the Roma injury. He was so so so good before that damn knee.

Your guess is as good as mine. Hope it's something do to with his fitness and it's being addressed

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

Trent Alexander-Arnold up against Alonso, eeeek. Mane, Firmino, and Salah v Luiz. God help us. Maybe Klopp doesn't go full first team.

He obviously won't, but if we both did, we have just as many players to cause them problems.

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

If he sits BOTH Kante and Jorginho, hell yes, we are well and truly fucked then, especially against LPool.

Am with you mate.

I think rightly or wrongly that SOMETIMES managers play their favorites and just like Luiz has done Alonso has gotten on well with Sarri. Every manager has those players that they pick no matter how many supporters thinks should be done differently  We just need to hope that IF AND WHEN the time comes for AC and Emerson to step in then they stand up and make the most of it.

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

So Liverpool play Spurs (a), Paris (h), Southampton and Chelsea (h) , Chelsea and Napoli (a) and City (h) in the space of 21 days between mid Octomber and start of November. 

Lets hope Klopps rotation decision making gets a good bashing.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea, Everton finally clear up Carabao Cup scheduling issues

Chelsea to play Liverpool on Wednesday, September 26

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/9/10/17840424/chelsea-everton-finally-clear-up-carabao-cup-scheduling-issues

Carabao Cup third round: Liverpool v Chelsea live on Sky

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Liverpool ticket news

A ticket update for members wishing to attend next week's Carabao Cup fixture at Anfield...

Liverpool
Carabao Cup 3rd Round
Wednesday 26 September 
Kick-off 7.45pm

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/9/17/latest-liverpool-ticket-news