test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sheva.

Domestic Cup Competitions thread

Started by Sheva.,

1,935 posts in this topic

It's on 5.30 the Saturday...so fans going to the game are gana have the shortest journey going home. Bit silly! Know its never taken into consideration but still..the main station is closed!

Chelsea - Liverpool

Sheffield W.  - Man City

Tottenham/soton - Norwich 

Northamton /derby -  Man . Utd 

Of course :D

The only saving grace is the replay is going to be Liverpool kids with a coach that isn’t Klopp.

Hopefully Shrewsbury put 110% in to that replay so we draw them.

We don’t want to face Liverpool while other PL sides get easy ties.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Looks like the 5th round games will be played in midweek. MIDWEEK! :doh: 

I prefer midweek for Cup games.

Milan likes this

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

The only saving grace is the replay is going to be Liverpool kids with a coach that isn’t Klopp.

Hopefully Shrewsbury put 110% in to that replay so we draw them.

We don’t want to face Liverpool while other PL sides get easy ties.

Even if Liverpool get past Shrewsbury, I'm not sure Klopp is even bothered to play his first team in the 5th round. He has never taken the domestic cup competitions seriously.

Our next 10 games:

Leicester (a)
Man United (h)
Spurs (h)
Bayern (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Shrewsbury/Liverpool (h)
Everton (h)
Aston Villa (a)
Bayern (a)
Man City (h)

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Even if Liverpool get past Shrewsbury, I'm not sure Klopp is even bothered to play his first team in the 5th round. He has never taken the domestic cup competitions seriously.

It’s against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Liverpool probably aiming for that treble.

Klopp may field one or two kids but I bet the majority will be Liverpool’s first XI.

Atomiswave likes this

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Let's hope not..saying that our lot against their reserve side...we struggled a little against Hull

Magic of the cup though..

Lol, an hour ago Chelsea Women also draw Liverpool in the Women’s FA Cup.

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

It’s against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Liverpool probably aiming for that treble.

Klopp may field one or two kids but I bet the majority will be Liverpool’s first XI.

If Liverpool were seriously aiming for the treble, Klopp wouldn't have been complaining so vehemently about the fixture congestion and wouldn't been so open about tossing the FA Cup aside. Moreover, this is the same Liverpool side who put out their reserves against Everton's first team in the R3 Merseyside derby. 

Unpopular opinion no doubt but with the way they present these draws and the outrage people show over teams playing weakened Xls in the cup, people are clinging onto what it use to be.

While I'd still like to win it the FA Cup just isn't that big a drawer anymore, I use to buzz for it especially 3rd round weekends but nowadays I find it almost as boring as international breaks.

Sad i know but it is what it is.

NikkiCFC and Iggy Doonican like this

Just now, Jason said:

If Liverpool were seriously aiming for the treble, Klopp wouldn't have been complaining so vehemently about the fixture congestion and wouldn't been so open about tossing the FA Cup aside. Moreover, this is the same Liverpool side who put out their reserves against Everton's first team in the R3 Merseyside derby. 

Such a big ho hah about them against Shrewsbury. No doubt they'll go through and be ooooooh aren't they sooooo amazing blah.

Just gotta go for it. Rather lose to them this round then final. Hopefully we can bring our best! 

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Unpopular opinion no doubt but with the way they present these draws and the outrage people show over teams playing weakened Xls in the cup, people are clinging onto what it use to be.

While I'd still like to win it the FA Cup just isn't that big a drawer anymore, I use to buzz for it especially 3rd round weekends but nowadays I find it almost as boring as international breaks.

Sad i know but it is what it is.

Same. With us constantly involved in fierce competition in the league, I feel the FA Cup is an annoying distraction whenever it comes around. Like, I just want to see us keep on going in the league rather than having to play these domestic cup competitions. 

Tomo likes this

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Such a big ho hah about them against Shrewsbury. No doubt they'll go through and be ooooooh aren't they sooooo amazing blah.

Just gotta go for it. Rather lose to them this round then final. Hopefully we can bring our best! 

Liverpool's reserves/kids will probably still have more than enough to beat Shrewsbury. Get past that and I think Klopp will play half of his first team players at the Bridge at most, because the 5th round game drops right in the middle of a hectic fixture list. But of course, this is all pointless if Klopp suddenly makes a U-turn and decides to ease off in the league and focus elsewhere completely.