Carabao Cup & FA Cup Thread

Sheva.

2 hours ago, Polo7 said:

What kind of bullshit attitude is that? If you are a Chelsea fan than surely every cup competition should hold some significance. 

Whatever. Sorry, but if we win it "yay," nice to add another trophy. If we don't it's not like the PL or CL or even a CL place where I'd be super disappointed.

If you're Arsenal or Spuds who haven't won shit in ages or United last season who went years and years without winning an FA Cup then it's a huge deal, but I'm personally pretty indifferent to the competition. The "magic" of the FA Cup is lost on me I suppose.

Guess what I'm saying is the only two competition that matter to me are the PL and CL. FA Cup is nice and League Cup is meaningless.

"Chelsea can only think about that [the FA Cup] because they are champions and they have nothing else to fight for"

Like the PL was handed to us at the beginning of the season and somehow we "only" have to fight for the FA Cup, plus his comment about "very defensive"  makes we want to engage in an involuntary personal protein spill.

Remember this José ? replace 10 by 12 and Arsenal by Man United.

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

Whatever. Sorry, but if we win it "yay," nice to add another trophy. If we don't it's not like the PL or CL or even a CL place where I'd be super disappointed.

If you're Arsenal or Spuds who haven't won shit in ages or United last season who went years and years without winning an FA Cup then it's a huge deal, but I'm personally pretty indifferent to the competition. The "magic" of the FA Cup is lost on me I suppose.

Guess what I'm saying is the only two competition that matter to me are the PL and CL. FA Cup is nice and League Cup is meaningless.

You do realise what a glory hunter that makes you look ?. The F.A. cup is nice fucking hell it's the oldest cup competition in the world and you make it sound like it's meaningless but I suppose to people from outside England it is. 

On 19/02/2017 at 11:24 PM, Pizy said:

Duplicate - see post below

15 hours ago, Pizy said:

Every individual can decide to support, or to follow, whichever club they choose and do so for whatever reason they want. They can express that decision in whichever way they like and they'll get no criticism from me. I would however be very, very critical of this club if it was to share your point of view.

I love Chelsea football club. I could not feel any other way even if I wanted to, but the attitude it has displayed throughout its history, an attitude which charges coaches and players with the duty to make maximum effort in every competition we enter, is something which makes me very proud.

I have never felt it was my right to claim to be a better Chelsea fan than anyone else, or to prescribe for others what is the correct, or the incorrect, way to be a fan. Clearly I do not have that right, but I wouldn't use it even if I did. I must say however that I would take a very great deal less pride in my club if it shared your point of view about the Football Association Challenge Cup. Fortunately, for me anyway, I think the club sees the FA cup differently to the way you do. I expect Antonio to demonstrate that difference by fielding a full strength side and insisting that the players give everything in pursuit of victory against Manchester United in round six.

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

So, When the match will be played?

I think it's march 11

Which will be less than 2 days after their el fixture. I guess they will prioritize the el because winning that will warrant them the CL spot they will fail to get via the league. But I fully expect the ManU-loving FA to move the fixture again to comfort them. Not gonna help them tho. I actually can't remember in 13 years as a fan them beating us at the bridge except for 2 occasions. One was in the CL in 2011 where we were horrible and still should have won, had Torres been well...Not Torres and we not been denied a clear penalty and the other one was in 2012 where Mikel and Ramirez had the game of their lives completely bossing Carrick and Fletcher only for mark cuntenburg to send off Torres instead of Evans when the latter committed the most clumsy challenge ever and both being on a yellow and then Hernandez scored the winner being 1 nautical mile offside.

However we have always dominated them at the bridge for the past 12 years. Even though they were our greatest rivalmfor years I felt we were always superior player for player and as a unit. However they got the advantage of managerial stability, Fergus time and their immense influence on officials which could tip close encounters in their favor. But we outlived them as title candidate. They might be on excellent form but we are the far stronger side tactically and even physically which is why I expect us to not thrash them again but at least comfortably see them off

23 hours ago, Pizy said:

I'm from overseas too my man and I wouldn't disrespect the competition like that, it's the oldest cup competition in the world you know.

7 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think it's march 11

Which will be less than 2 days after their el fixture. I guess they will prioritize the el because winning that will warrant them the CL spot they will fail to get via the league. But I fully expect the ManU-loving FA to move the fixture again to comfort them. Not gonna help them tho. I actually can't remember in 13 years as a fan them beating us at the bridge except for 2 occasions. One was in the CL in 2011 where we were horrible and still should have won, had Torres been well...Not Torres and we not been denied a clear penalty and the other one was in 2012 where Mikel and Ramirez had the game of their lives completely bossing Carrick and Fletcher only for mark cuntenburg to send off Torres instead of Evans when the latter committed the most clumsy challenge ever and both being on a yellow and then Hernandez scored the winner being 1 nautical mile offside.

However we have always dominated them at the bridge for the past 12 years. Even though they were our greatest rivalmfor years I felt we were always superior player for player and as a unit. However they got the advantage of managerial stability, Fergus time and their immense influence on officials which could tip close encounters in their favor. But we outlived them as title candidate. They might be on excellent form but we are the far stronger side tactically and even physically which is why I expect us to not thrash them again but at least comfortably see them off

I don't think the Cup game vs. United has been scheduled yet but we need to be reasonable here.

A few seasons ago Spurs played an away fixture in the Europa League on a Thursday then came to Stamford Bridge for a lunchtime kick-off in the Premier League less than 48 hours later. They put in a world class standard of whining about it but the game went ahead. If the United match is listed for the Saturday they'll just have to get on with it. If, however, it is to played on the Sunday, or even the Monday, then that's not unreasonable. We just have to win the game whenever it happens.

I don't know how the telly coverage will breakdown for round six but I'd guess it'll be two matches for BT and two for BBC. I think BBC will want either Chelsea v Man U or Arsenal v Lincoln but BT will get first pick. Whichever game the Beeb get will go in their Monday night slot for sure.

On 2/20/2017 at 1:24 AM, Pizy said:

Some of the best and most intense games we've played have been in domestic cups, especially FA Cup. One thing that established us as a domestic powerhouse were our triumphs in cups, not only in the league. I don't understand how you are incapable of appreciating that, but that's not my problem.

Edited by manpe

Think it has to do more with the North American sports influence where there is no cup competitions in ice hockey, baseball, basketball, American rugby et al. 

Even here in Romania the FA Cup matches are advertised for days. Sutton v Arsenal last night you'd have thought it's the World Cup Final with all the promos and stories in every news edition. 

The FA Cup truly is a major competition and the prospect of two stellar semi-finals at Wembley makes it even more entertaining. Chelsea (hopefully!), City, Arsenal, Spurs - Champions League like final four.

To win the league title and then top it by winning the FA Cup against opposition like this would be absolutely superb.