César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I dont understand why is Mourinho keep saying that Azpi will play as LB. He is clearly beast RB and when he doesnt play RB, he should rest. I hope Mou is not forcing Azpi to play LB just so he can play Ivan on RB. When its clear that Azpi is better than Iva...

Well, I dont understand why is Mourinho keep saying that Azpi will play as LB. He is clearly beast RB and when he doesnt play RB, he should rest. I hope Mou is not forcing Azpi to play LB just so he can play Ivan on RB. When its clear that Azpi is better than Iva...

It's not Azpilicueta vs Ivanovic any more, it's Ivanovic vs Ashley Cole. Ashley is only playing now because Ivanovic is injured. Once he's back Azpili will play LB again.

Ashley Cole is the weak link.

Thought he had an excellent game. Every game he has played at LB he has not looked out of place at all and imo we look more assured defensively. Did not give Valencia a sniff today and once again Jose's decision to play him at LB has worked excellently in the end.Really like how well he is able to fit in at LB or RB.

The thing with Cesar and lb is that he gets beat alot and is out of position a lot. However, his pace makes up for it most of the time...

Exactly this. He was out of position A LOT today, but still had a pretty good game overall.

Azpi on the right and Cole on the left is our best fullback combination, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Another solid game at LB. Every game he has played there, especially against the big teams he has been very solid. Such a reliable player and it is easy to see why despite not being a natural LB, keeps the position ahead of Cole. Much stronger, faster and more energy to burn.

Lahm 2.0

His versatility is amazing and in couple years, he will be one of best full backs. Under Mourinho, he will be tacticaly superior and its good that he doesnt rely on pace too much, but on reading the game. He is caught of position on LB sometimes, but he is RB naturaly and he is amazing there.

City kept banging from our left side because on the right we had a big "RESTRICTED AREA" sign in the form of Brana, Luiz and Ramires. We were a bit more suspect on the left but Dave managed it well, considering who he was playing against. I also loved the cover he got from Hazard, gone are the times when we had those 1v2 situations on the back flanks.