César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

Azpi is not losing his place, Mourinho has a hard on for him. I tbh find him a tad bit overrated because he doesn't offer much in the overlap with Hazard (even Bertrand would be a better option in that regard if he wasn't loaned out). Defensive stability comes first ofcourse, but Luis is no slouch in that regard either when fully match fit. Come next year i can see him reverting back to right back and Luis on the left (Ivanovic will occupy the spot Terry will leave), though i hope Bertrand also gets his chances then if he continues the way he is playing at Southampton. We need more homegrown players anyway.

Azpi is not losing his place, Mourinho has a hard on for him. I tbh find him a tad bit overrated because he doesn't offer much in the overlap with Hazard (even Bertrand would be a better option in that regard if he wasn't loaned out). Defensive stability comes first ofcourse, but Luis is no slouch in that regard either when fully match fit. Come next year i can see him reverting back to right back and Luis on the left (Ivanovic will occupy the spot Terry will leave), though i hope Bertrand also gets his chances then if he continues the way he is playing at Southampton. We need more homegrown players anyway.

He's the best one on one defender in the PL. He's not overrated. Everyone knows he lacks in attack on the left, but he's an amazing defender.

He's the best one on one defender in the PL. He's not overrated. Everyone knows he lacks in attack on the left, but he's an amazing defender.

The way football going with so many inverted winger, it is hard to be effective and stretch the opposition without getting offensive production from your fullbacks.

I don't get this Mou loves this player Mou loves that player. When he returned the myth was he would play the old guard and chase former glory, fast forward a year and all apart from Terry have been dropped or let go.

He supposedly loved Ramires and would never drop him, this season he has seen the bench as often as he has started.

Azpi may get straight back in the team when his suspension expires at Anfield, but if he does it will be because Mourinho believes it's best for the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably won't happen but I wish he's played on the right from now on. Luis is solid enough defensively and excellent going forward. If Hazard is expected to help out his LB, why is the LB not expected to help him out in breaking teams down? Ivanovic needs some competition; his standards are slipping.

We could always bring back good ol' Bosingwa. I've missed his extraordinary crosses.

It's certainly a nice problem to have. I wonder if Ivanovic is untouchable, though having Willian and Azpi on the right will kill us offensively on the RW. Maybe if Andre plays.

Playing Azpi on the left, that's killing us offensively.

Can't remember when was the last time he played on the right, that's where we should judge his offensive abilities.

It's certainly a nice problem to have. I wonder if Ivanovic is untouchable, though having Willian and Azpi on the right will kill us offensively on the RW. Maybe if Andre plays.

Actually Dave isn't bad when he's attacking, he's just been playing on the left for so long we all think he can't attack