test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

28. César Azpilicueta

Started by BlueLion.,

2,185 posts in this topic
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Might completely lose it if we don't give Azpi a new contract! :middlefinger::rant:

Of course mate. Dont know how its gone this long without a renew

Have our normal 30+ 1 years

And with William/Pedro running out 2020  they wont be getting an extension yet.

AVG and Omeruo run out 2020

Plus of course Eden and shockingly Ampadu. He needs golden handcuffs.

Honestly don't think he was bad, hes still getting back to playing as a right back but I've seen a lot of shit on social media that we need a new RB, 100% incorrect the guy is one of the best in the business. Fair enough he doesn't run 100m in 10 seconds but hes excellent defensively and hes always improving on the ball. The CBs are more an issue for me. Pity hes not 6 ft 2 or 3 because I think if he were that bit taller and more physical he could be adapted to a CB (Although that is based on his role in a back 3, totally different in a back 4 I know). 

Mufassir08 and manpe like this

Special shout for azpi, fantastic game from him today. Created chances from crosses, should have gotten an assist if Morata knew how to control a football. Azpi could have even scored if morata wasn't in the way, and he forced a good save from the keeper. Good match for his 200th EPL appearance. :yay:

Yeboii likes this

Good game but as Ruud Guillit has just gone and said on MOTD there were times he could have been high and wide to stretch the pitch. We played alright but perhaps too central at times, little bit of width at times would change it up. It’s obviously a work in progress still but just something I noticed earlier particularly with Azpi and Pedro on the right.

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Good game but as Ruud Guillit has just gone and said on MOTD there were times he could have been high and wide to stretch the pitch. We played alright but perhaps too central at times, little bit of width at times would change it up. It’s obviously a work in progress still but just something I noticed earlier particularly with Azpi and Pedro on the right.

Think it's a perhaps mixed of Azpi not being a natural attacking RB and tactical instructions from Sarri. Last week against Arsenal is an example. Barely got forward in the first half but constantly got forward in the second. Also, if one FB is already pushing up, you do not necessarily want the other to go forward too much either. Otherwise, could be caught on the break if the play breaks down.

OneMoSalah likes this

3 hours ago, manpe said:

Dunno if this has been posted already :D 

so so so funny!! One of best vids of the last few months, both Azpi and Amelia were perfect, lol.

Her regular gig, Chicken Shop Date.

1 hour ago, Vybzkartel said:

We might need a new RB soon. He hasnt looked comfortable in Sarri's system but his still a solid player to have around. 

Nope. Even if he doesnt bring his A game, he is still that player who just never gives up and fights for the team till end.

Much like Gabi for Atletico. They could upgrade that midfield, but you just dont replace such player until he is too old. 

Besides, striker spot, RW spot, LB spot, midfield spot (if Kova leaves) and even CB are more important to improve.

But I do agree he isnt on same level as he was last year. But he has qualities beyond this, so he is kinda undropable atm.

On 26/09/2018 at 11:45 PM, Vybzkartel said:

We might need a new RB soon. He hasnt looked comfortable in Sarri's system but his still a solid player to have around. 

This was the subject of a post I did yesterday.

Azpi is the best (or 2nd best, if you rate Kimmich above) DEFENSIVE RB in the world, but is very limited it seems in Sarriball on the offensive end.

His one main outstanding contribution over the past 2 years has been hs crosses to Morata, but just like Morata's entire game, these have dried up as well.

He quite possibly could start to fuck up the entire system, as the weak right side (especially when it is Willian or Moses) allows team to fuck up our strong left with hedge marking favouring an overload defensively on the left

Options at RB are really thin. Zappacosta is not anywhere near shit, but also not the final solution (he would have to be German to be that, lolol). He also is not happy and wants to go back to Italy, AND there are like 5 teams who really want him there. Lazio (2nd best fit for him) Fiorentina (they REALLY need him, best fit for him), Inter Milan, Torino (who we bought him from,and who now have Ola Aina from us on loan at RB), and Atalanta

We could try Ampadu there, I REALLY am intrigued by that, and it gets the lad some playing time

that all said...........

Here are the best (in order) buy options,some of them VERY hard, if not impossible pulls,the market availability overall for RB is SHIT now

1. Sergi Roberto - Barca, 2nd best RB in the world, IMHO, after Kimmich, with Carvajal 3rd. We fucked this up in multiple windows, especially 2 years ago. By far the best option, but would cost crazy money, probably £70m to £80m, maybe more, to get Barca to give him up

2. Elseid Hysaj - Napoli   Poison dwarf will do all he can to block this, Sarri wants him badly, and he has yet to renew

3. Wild card - Benjamin Pavard - Stuttgart  He is always on my CB want lists, near top, BUT he (like Azpi) is a great RB too (see France WC) and he is also more offensive than Azpi

4. Djibril Sidibé - Monaco  I am shocked he is still there, but I also must say I am not sure if he is a Sarriball RB, very solid player, although the entire team is slumping badly this season

5. Nélson Semedo - Barca   Has not been the superstar Barca thought, but does have offensive skills, worth looking into,and deffo an upgrade on Zappa at least

6. Valentino Lazaro - Hertha Berlin 22yo fast, great passer in short lik-up game, has exploded since he was switched to RB from AMF/RW

7. Achraf Hakimi - Borussia Dortmund  (on loan from Real Madrid) 19yo potential star, Real will probably not EVEN remotely sell him,but who knows

8. Kevin Mbabu    Young Boys     another wild card, he is the best athlete by far on this list, insanely fast, he looked a world beater v Manure in the CL, but he did not do well at Newcastle, Rangers, etc. he is still only 23, not a good passer, so Sarri may go nutter over that

9. Almamy Touré - Monaco (was an academy player they have raised up)

10. Davide Calabria  AC Milan (only 21)

11. Mattia De Sciglio  Juventus  25yo, 26 in October

12. Andrea Conti   AC Milan, 24yo

Thomas Meunier PSG, not really an upgrade at all

We (our shit board) fucked on 

1.    João Cancelo - Juventus now (perfect Sarriball RB, insane we didn't make a move this summer and let Juve had a free go at him, madness) <<<<<<<<< other than Sergi Roberto , I would take him over all the rest I have typed in thsi entire reply, except maybe Pavard (and that would more for his CB play than as a RB)

2.    Benjamin Henrichs - Monaco      Emenalo stole him from Bayer Leverkusen on 3rd to last day of window for only £18m, he is only 21 and a multiyear starter

3.    Álvaro Odriozola - Real Madrid  Another great young (22) RB, we never even enquired, and Real took him for only £27m            

4.    Sime Vrsaljko  A bomber down the sides (see Croatia WC), Inter got him on loan from Atletico Madrid with option to buy for only £21m 

5.    Nordi Mukiele - RB Leipzig  We never even made an offer on this great young (20yo, 21 in November) player, RB stole him for only £14m from Montpellier, really pissed we did even TRY

Unionjack likes this