Cesar Azpilicueta Joins Chelsea

Milan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivanovic can cross?! He can only put in a good cross like once out of 100 times. The number of pathetic low crosses he put in against Reading was driving me nuts. None of them found the target and the Reading players were always the first to get onto it!

I prefer the low crosses, causes a lot of problems and a good option with our current squad.

You can't really expect someone to play a perfect low cross, but you can hope for the ball to bounce around and for a Chelsea player to get to it - like Hazard did once with a volley which was blocked.

I prefer the low crosses, causes a lot of problems and a good option with our current squad.

You can't really expect someone to play a perfect low cross, but you can hope for the ball to bounce around and for a Chelsea player to get to it - like Hazard did once with a volley which was blocked.

Yeah but the frustrating thing is, this is not the first time it happened. Our crosses have been consistently poor for some time now and I already said before, it is just baffling that we never seem to practice them in training. Our quality of crosses have been pathetic for a couple of seasons now.

David@davidjaca

Chelsea's new signing César Azpilicueta did interviews with two Spanish radio shows last night. A few quotes... #CFC

Azpilicueta: “I have taken a huge step forward in my career by joining Chelsea”

Azpilicueta: “The important thing here at Chelsea is to give 100% all the time, and to try win everything possible"

Azpilicueta: “I’m extremely excited about this adventure [with Chelsea]. Already the Spaniards here are helping me very much!”

Azpilicueta: "The dream of any player is to play with La Selección, it’s personally one of mine. I play with belief I can get there”

Yeah but the frustrating thing is, this is not the first time it happened. Our crosses have been consistently poor for some time now and I already said before, it is just baffling that we never seem to practice them in training. Our quality of crosses have been pathetic for a couple of seasons now.

Because our wingers have been as well.

Yes our wingers and full backs haven't been able to cross for a while now, and i don't think it's just about practice, there are things some players are good at, and things they aren't.

We just happened to have a bunch of players that couldn't cross :lol:

Yes our wingers and full backs haven't been able to cross for a while now, and i don't think it's just about practice, there are things some players are good at, and things they aren't.

We just happened to have a bunch of players that couldn't cross :lol:

You can't be serious? :lol:

Those are basic aspects of football and yet our players can't seem to master it. :doh:

You can't be serious? :lol:

Those are basic aspects of football and yet our players can't seem to master it. :doh:

You can't expect every player to be able to cross, just like you can't expect every player to know how to finish or take penalties.

But we just have a collection of poor crossers on the team, but it's not really that big of a deal anyway since most are very good in other areas.

Ivanovic can cross?! He can only put in a good cross like once out of 100 times. The number of pathetic low crosses he put in against Reading was driving me nuts. None of them found the target and the Reading players were always the first to get onto it!

Sounds more like Bosingwa you're talking about. Brane definitively can cross. When he's on form he can be a threat from the outside, just give him some time.

You can't expect every player to be able to cross, just like you can't expect every player to know how to finish or take penalties.

But we just have a collection of poor crossers on the team, but it's not really that big of a deal anyway since most are very good in other areas.

That is why you practice them. Even if you are good in other areas, then doesn't mean you should just neglect your weaker aspects. They are a vital part of the game and could be a difference in drawing games or winning them. Someone could easily score an OG from it!

Sounds more like Bosingwa you're talking about. Brane definitively can cross. When he's on form he can be a threat from the outside, just give him some time.

You don't have to be in form to put in quality crosses. Even when Ivanovic was, he hardly put a good one in. And tell me, when was the last time Ivanovic put in a really great cross?

Ivanovic is actually a decent crosser that is the thing. Remember when we beat Blackburn last season 1-0 at Ewood Park and Lampard scored that header, one of the best outside of the foot crosses I have seen. Also done a similar cross against Napoli the 4-1 game for Drogba to score IIRC. He also made 5 assists in the 10/11 campaign.

That is why you practice them. Even if you are good in other areas, then doesn't mean you should just neglect your weaker aspects. They are a vital part of the game and could be a difference in drawing games or winning them. Someone could easily score an OG from it!

You don't have to be in form to put in quality crosses. Even when Ivanovic was, he hardly put a good one in. And tell me, when was the last time Ivanovic put in a really great cross?

Blackburn 0-1 Chelsea Lampard 11/12

Ivanovic is actually a decent crosser that is the thing. Remember when we beat Blackburn last season 1-0 at Ewood Park and Lampard scored that header, one of the best outside of the foot crosses I have seen. Also done a similar cross against Napoli the 4-1 game for Drogba to score IIRC. He also made 5 assists in the 10/11 campaign.

Now that you mentioned the cross for Lampard against Blackburn, that was certainly a quality one, a rare quality one in fact. As for the one against Napoli, it was Ramires who crossed it for Drogba.

Today - but nobody expected it - first half against Newcastle - awesome cross, Torres didnt expect it and was a little slow to react...